The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cambo211

Even at the cheap price it is i really can't afford to so i'll probably by a 5 film pass and see how it goes.

Winter's Bone, Buried, The Illusionist, The American and Monsters. :yy:

We have a film club that shows an eclectic mix of films. Sometimes the choices are really good, sometimes there's nothing on at all I would want to see. Highlights this term are: 8 1/2, Big Lebowski, Infernal Affairs, Let The Right One in, and a double bill of Life of Brian and Inglourious Basterds for £3. :coma:
Original post by Cuckoo91
That's awesome man, that's like the same price as one ticket to an Odeon cinema.

Yeah, and it's not like they're old films.

It's just a case of take some food and drink and a cushion because the seats are uncomfy as hell.

I presumed all uni's had something like this :awesome:
Original post by Phalanges
Winter's Bone, Buried, The Illusionist, The American and Monsters. :yy:

We have a film club that shows an eclectic mix of films. Sometimes the choices are really good, sometimes there's nothing on at all I would want to see. Highlights this term are: 8 1/2, Big Lebowski, Infernal Affairs, Let The Right One in, and a double bill of Life of Brian and Inglourious Basterds for £3. :coma:

Stop tempting me to see more films :rant:

I need to see the social network and i'd like to see Despicable me as well.

Stop tempting me to see more films :rant:

I need to see the social network and i'd like to see Despicable me as well.

Swap out Buried for Social Network. Straight choice between Despicable Me and Illusionist (I'd pick Illusionist, the feel of that film is just great). Job's a good 'un.
Original post by The Stig
So there is no way for me to watch The Social Network at this moment in time, is there? Not in cinemas and not on DVD yet ... sucks :colonhash: I really want to watch it.

( Well apart from some dodgy copy with some shaky camera online :shifty: )

Yes. :ninja:
BAFTAS:

Pete Postlethwaite - sympathy vote? :holmes:

Also, why have they included True Grit and The Fighter (yes, I know they've been released in America) when they haven't had a UK release yet? :holmes:
Original post by unknownking321

Original post by unknownking321
BAFTAS:

Pete Postlethwaite - sympathy vote? :holmes:

Also, why have they included True Grit and The Fighter (yes, I know they've been released in America) when they haven't had a UK release yet? :holmes:

I believe the calendar for films to be eligible is February - February for the BAFTAs, which would explain why they qualify for this year.
Reply 6867
£10 a semester :biggrin:
Edinburgh Uni
American History X :adore: :adore: :adore:

From left to right: Michael Fassbender (Magneto), Rose Byrne (Moira MacTaggert), January Jones (Emma Frost), Jason Flemyng (Azazel), Nicholas Hoult (Beast), Lucas Till (Havok), Zoe Kravitz (Angel), Jennifer Lawrence (Mystique), and James McAvoy (Professor Charles Xavier).
From left to right: Michael Fassbender (Magneto), Rose Byrne (Moira MacTaggert), January Jones (Emma Frost), Jason Flemyng (Azazel), Nicholas Hoult (Beast), Lucas Till (Havok), Zoe Kravitz (Angel), Jennifer Lawrence (Mystique), and James McAvoy (Professor Charles Xavier).

Nicholas Hoult? Interesting casting...
January Jones.

She was so good as Betty Draper. :awesome:
Original post by Student2806
Your uni has a cinema? Jealous!

And we have one of the biggest cinemas in the UK. :p:

:awesome:

It's funny as well, the club that used to be there is where my parents first met when my mum was at Glasgow and dad at Strathclyde. :awesome:
Original post by Madjackismad
And we have one of the biggest cinemas in the UK. :p:

:awesome:

It's funny as well, the club that used to be there is where my parents first met when my mum was at Glasgow and dad at Strathclyde. :awesome:

That's one impressive loking cinema.

Just seen an advert for Hereafter. It's not often that I get overly excited about a film, but I have to admit that I love Clint Eastwood.
Original post by TheMagicRat
That's one impressive loking cinema.

Just seen an advert for Hereafter. It's not often that I get overly excited about a film, but I have to admit that I love Clint Eastwood.

I can't wait for True Grit. A Western by the brothers just sounds like film nirvana.

And to make it even better, Jeff Bridges is in it. :awesome:
Original post by Madjackismad
I can't wait for True Grit. A Western by the brothers just sounds like film nirvana.

And to make it even better, Jeff Bridges is in it. :awesome:

YAY TRUE GRIT

YAY JEFF BRIDGES AND COEN BROTHERS BACK TOGETHER

Wouldn't you love another Big Lebowski? :rolleyes:
Another Big Lebowski would ruin everything
Original post by Phalanges
Swap out Buried for Social Network. Straight choice between Despicable Me and Illusionist (I'd pick Illusionist, the feel of that film is just great). Job's a good 'un.

Illusionist is great. Edward Norton is a bit underrated imo.
Yeah, and it's not like they're old films.

It's just a case of take some food and drink and a cushion because the seats are uncomfy as hell.

I presumed all uni's had something like this :awesome:

Ohhh, I forgot they're lecture room seats. They're specifically designed so you can't relax in them! You'll need more than one cushion, dude just bring a bloody La-Z-Boy recliner and stick it at the front. :gthumb:

Latest