The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

So, Lost is finally finished, having watched all 6 seasons after being recommended it by several members here and other places. Simply brilliant. Epic. The only complaint I now have is that ... it's finished. :cry: I now feel I will be looking for replacement shows but will never get the same level of storytelling, characterisation, plot twists, mystery and threads all intertwined together. It has raised the bar to such a high level for me.

:moon:
Original post by unknownking321
Robin Williams for the new Batman film? :holmes: http://aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00038210.html

Not sure what i think of that idea. I doubt it's true, but am i pleased or not. :holmes:
(edited 13 years ago)
Robin Williams is actually a great actor. I mean, look at him in Good Will Hunting and then look how dark he can get with One Hour Photo and Insomnia.
Original post by MizzCupcakes
Jim Carrey is a God! and The Truman Show was Amazing!

Jim Carrey is an anti-vaccination activist, and is therefore certainly not a god. He is, in actual fact, an utter ****ing ****.
Original post by Madjackismad
Robin Williams is actually a great actor. I mean, look at him in Good Will Hunting and then look how dark he can get with One Hour Photo and Insomnia.

Yeah, One Hour Photo really surprised me with how warped it was.
Original post by JessicaW
Just saw Tangled, I loved it so much. :colondollar:

Glad to hear it. I was on the lookout for a decent animation to watch. :biggrin:

Watched the A-team today and it was awesome :biggrin:

I love it when a plan comes together :pierre:

Jim Carrey is a God! and The Truman Show was Amazing!

That he is. Have you watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind? Also a good film. :smile:
Original post by Jace Falco
Yeah, One Hour Photo really surprised me with how warped it was.

:yep:

I remember watching it like a year after it came out. I was quite young back then, and I was just sitting there thinking :lolwut: at the end.
Original post by Jonerez
x

Inspector Jonny
x

hardees
x

jesusacademy
x

Welcome to the Film chat thread and society! :h: Feel free to post about favourite films or recent films you've watched.

I remember seeing a great but little known movie with him, but cant quite re?ember the name, something like "where the dreams lead"
It was quite thought provoking and moving, one if his best serious roles IMO
Original post by TulipFields
I remember seeing a great but little known movie with him, but cant quite re?ember the name, something like "where the dreams lead"
It was quite thought provoking and moving, one if his best serious roles IMO

What Dreams May Come? I've never seen it myself.
What Dreams May Come? I've never seen it myself.

I think that might be it. Definitely worth a watch, it was beautifully shot.
Reply 7491
Is the Inception conversation still ongoing?
The King's Speech! Amazing!
Reply 7493
Senna won the World Cinema Audience Award for Documentary film award at the Sundance film festival awards. :love:

I know I'm biased as an F1 fan but it's going to be so awesome.

Live stream
Original post by Smoked Salmon
The King's Speech! Amazing!

Yes :biggrin:
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
So, Lost is finally finished, having watched all 6 seasons after being recommended it by several members here and other places. Simply brilliant. Epic. The only complaint I now have is that ... it's finished. :cry: I now feel I will be looking for replacement shows but will never get the same level of storytelling, characterisation, plot twists, mystery and threads all intertwined together. It has raised the bar to such a high level for me.

:moon:

Aw, you're making me want to watch all of Lost now! I watched half of season one with my ex boyfriend, and then we broke up so I never got to see how it turned out...

I'd basically be signing my social life away if I vowed to watch all six seasons, though, right?
Original post by mimimimi
Aw, you're making me want to watch all of Lost now! I watched half of season one with my ex boyfriend, and then we broke up so I never got to see how it turned out...

I'd basically be signing my social life away if I vowed to watch all six seasons, though, right?

Depends how long you wanted to take over it! Over Easter I watched all 5 at the time then caught up on the 6th so I could watch the finale on time and I managed a social life (but nothing other than Lost during the days!) ...
Original post by cadaeibfeceh
Depends how long you wanted to take over it! Over Easter I watched all 5 at the time then caught up on the 6th so I could watch the finale on time and I managed a social life (but nothing other than Lost during the days!) ...

Hmm yes, I suppose... I could try and spread it out over a few weeks/months, but I have such an addictive personality - often when watching series' I just watch them all back to back, I can't help myself! Then again, that would only take a few days without a social life :tongue:

I might do it.
Original post by mimimimi
Hmm yes, I suppose... I could try and spread it out over a few weeks/months, but I have such an addictive personality - often when watching series' I just watch them all back to back, I can't help myself! Then again, that would only take a few days without a social life :tongue:

I might do it.

Haha same - sometimes I find myself sitting down and watching all 10 seasons of Friends in a week...

He's also a great improve comedian. :yes:

Latest