The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 960
Original post by Rubgish
If you are capable of self-motivation lower contact hours don't matter and can actually be a benefit as it allows you to focus on things you don't know, rather than in contact time where it may well be going over things you do know. However if you don't work well when left to your own devices, it could be a bit of an issue, although wherever you go you are going to have to get used to doing a lot more for yourself.

yeye i know this, obviously thats the case for all uni's its just ive heard bristol in particular don;t have great student support and poor contact time etc, which may be an issue.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
how hard could be the first year exams? I want to get all first on mine ..
Reply 962
Original post by stonewars

Original post by stonewars
I applied for Law! Any other international students here molesting ucas track? :smile:

Haha have you not gotten an offer yet?
Reply 963

Original post by knb3
Haha have you not gotten an offer yet?

nope :frown: to be fair though, I only submitted my ucas a few weeks ago. fingers crossed
Reply 964
I'm applying for a 4 year in Paleontology :P been my dream since i was small and when i visited them over the summer they showed me the course and it looks great... only problem is i have no idea when they'll give out offers for that course :frown: i know they usually don't get back to anyone for a while but anyone know if they do "special" courses first/last? :smile: thanks
Still waiting on Russian, sent my UCAS off absolutely ages ago
Original post by Hunter_S_Thompson
Still waiting on Russian, sent my UCAS off absolutely ages ago

I have a friend who was rejected for Russian a few months ago, so you're still in the running! :smile:
Just firmed Bristol for Economics with Econometrics woooooo
Got two letters from Bristol today, one congratulating me on my offer and one about post offer open days :smile:

Why was this negged? :frown:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 969
Hey everyone,

Can anyone give me some pros and cons of each of the halls??
Very excited about my offer :biggrin:
Anyone else applying for philosophy or economics?
Xx
Reply 970
I'm questionning whether I still want to go to Bristyol or not after reading this;

Spoiler

Original post by Muffinz
I'm questionning whether I still want to go to Bristyol or not after reading this;

Spoiler

Thats a good argument for getting an en-suite room if I ever saw one.
Original post by Muffinz

Spoiler

Hahahaha thats been forged though i've seen it before about bangor university :tongue:

Would be hilarious if Bristol really did send that out though...
Original post by Muffinz

Spoiler

Bahahaa! Obviously a fake, but thanks for sharing all the same! :tongue:
What ARE the Historians doing with remaining applications?!
Original post by nikita_atikin
Applying for computer science :biggrin: eekkk I'm excited! Hope I get an offer! :smile:

Hi, I am also applyin for MSc in Computer science (university of Bristol).
Please let me know the format of academic and professional references docs for University of Bristol.:smile:
Original post by sperdha.verma
Hi, I am also applyin for MSc in Computer science (university of Bristol).
Please let me know the format of academic and professional references docs for University of Bristol.:smile:

Sorry, what? :s-smilie: I don't understand what you mean, sorry? Do you mean your personal statement? :s-smilie:
Hello there everyone :smile: Just wondering did anyone get offers/rejections for politics and french? I applied on the ucas deadline and so far I've received an acknowledgement from the department. Is this like a gathered field email or just standard procedure? I found it a tad odd as it said offers would not be made until the new year but I applied in Jan.
Reply 978
Original post by LuckyKnitwear
Hello there everyone :smile: Just wondering did anyone get offers/rejections for politics and french? I applied on the ucas deadline and so far I've received an acknowledgement from the department. Is this like a gathered field email or just standard procedure? I found it a tad odd as it said offers would not be made until the new year but I applied in Jan.

I've got an offer for Politics but my girlfriend was rejected for French, so both departments have been making decisions...
Still nothing for Geosciences. Not seen anyone with offers from Earth Sciences at all. blaaaah. wait is killing mee.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending