The Student Room Group

2011 Graduate Entry Medicine Applicants - Interviews, Offers etc.

Scroll to see replies

bham GEP interview 25th feb :smile:
Original post by roystonvesey
bham GEP interview 25th feb :smile:

Congratulations!!! How did you find out? I had all but given up hope from hearing from them, but if they are still giving out interviews then perhaps (and i pray) that i may still be in with a shot..i hope :colondollar:
Original post by Sparko13
Congratulations!!! How did you find out? I had all but given up hope from hearing from them, but if they are still giving out interviews then perhaps (and i pray) that i may still be in with a shot..i hope :colondollar:

Emailed me about a week ago asking for a list of my GCSE grades as i hadnt included them on my ucas form (didnt think anyone would care about my GCSEs now im 23 and have A-levels and a degree...)

Then i got another email yesterday stating the admissions tutor had fully assessed my app and wanted to call me to interview. Offered me Feb 9th as they had had a cancellation but i wanted more time to prepare so asked for another date. They offered 25th feb, i accepted.

Ive still not heard from Newc or Warwick- assuming there gonna be rejections. Wasnt looking forward to the Warwick selection centre anyway. Hate those things- the knives are always out!
Reply 263
Hey congrats roystonvesey

You'll be fine. Just be yourself- don't over rehearse your answers- just be cool. Interview is ok- the panel are alright.

Quick question for anyone out there who attended the bham interview GEC on the 21st of jan or thereafter. Has anyone had a reply yet? I know they said we'll hear back within 2 weeks from the interview- but ppl who had interviews on the 17th & 19th, some of them have had offers.
Original post by roystonvesey
Emailed me about a week ago asking for a list of my GCSE grades as i hadnt included them on my ucas form (didnt think anyone would care about my GCSEs now im 23 and have A-levels and a degree...)

Then i got another email yesterday stating the admissions tutor had fully assessed my app and wanted to call me to interview. Offered me Feb 9th as they had had a cancellation but i wanted more time to prepare so asked for another date. They offered 25th feb, i accepted.

Ive still not heard from Newc or Warwick- assuming there gonna be rejections. Wasnt looking forward to the Warwick selection centre anyway. Hate those things- the knives are always out!

Aw cool well done anyway. Hope the interview goes well for you. I'm still waiting on Soton and Bham 4 yr along with BSMS. I am currently on the post interview waiting list at Keele. Good luck for the rest of your application.
Reply 265
Original post by Grace11

You'll be fine. Just be yourself- don't over rehearse your answers- just be cool. Interview is ok- the panel are alright.

Quick question for anyone out there who attended the bham interview GEC on the 21st of jan or thereafter. Has anyone had a reply yet? I know they said we'll hear back within 2 weeks from the interview- but ppl who had interviews on the 17th & 19th, some of them have had offers.

Nope I still havent heard, and its driving me crazy! My friend had an interview on the 19th and got an offer on tuesday. They seem to be taking a lot longer for us! Good luck :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Grace11

I had my interview on the 21st of Birmingham and i am still waiting for a reply. It's crazy as i keep checking my email! It's just a waiting game...I'm trying to put it to the back of my mind...But i'm failing big time!!!!

Original post by Grace11

Just had a rejection from Birmingham via the UCAS track and also had a letter when i got home from work. Interviewed on the 21st. Such is life. Goodluck to all those who have recieved offers...and to all those who havent...It isnt the end of the world!!
Reply 268
Original post by GradMed201
Just had a rejection from Birmingham via the UCAS track and also had a letter when i got home from work. Interviewed on the 21st. Such is life. Goodluck to all those who have recieved offers...and to all those who havent...It isnt the end of the world!!

Sorry to hear that :frown:. What is you situation with the others? Also where you interviewed in the morning? I was interviewed on the 21st as well, still haven't heard anything but i guess its not looking good.
Original post by lierture
Sorry to hear that :frown:. What is you situation with the others? Also where you interviewed in the morning? I was interviewed on the 21st as well, still haven't heard anything but i guess its not looking good.

That was may 3rd and final rejection. Didnt even get interviews at Bristol and Liverpool. Got ABC in my A levels and a first in my degree (biology)... but it appears you have to have BBB Alevels to qualify for an interview at most places. I'l just have to work on a few things and reapply next year! My interview was in the morning. Keep the faith. It's not over until you get the rejection letter!
Reply 270
Original post by GradMed201
That was may 3rd and final rejection. Didnt even get interviews at Bristol and Liverpool. Got ABC in my A levels and a first in my degree (biology)... but it appears you have to have BBB Alevels to qualify for an interview at most places. I'l just have to work on a few things and reapply next year! My interview was in the morning. Keep the faith. It's not over until you get the rejection letter!

I was in the morning too. Did you graduate from Sheffield? Thank you, I think faith has been lost though, I guess its d-day. As you said what will be will be. Good luck with future applications :smile:.
Hi everyone, I'm a new joiner so here goes!

Me: Biomed grad 2:1, worked for NHS Blood and Transplant 2 years (FT), worked in Operating Theatres 1.5 years (FT/PT), voluntary experience in A&E and a care home.

Newcastle 5yr - Interviewed 24/01/11
Newcastle 4 yr - Interviewed 24/01/11 (double interview horror!!)
Warwick 4yr - Interview 24/03/11
Cardiff 5yr - Acknowledged

This is my third year of applying and my last try. Newcastle interview was ok and I didn't find that the interview got progressively harder or one interviewer really mean (other posts on here said this?). They did however put a consultant surgeon on my panel who asked me specific questions about organ donation and theatres where the majority of my experience is based.
I had a Warwick interview with last year and got put on the waiting list before being rejected, but atleast I know what to expect this year!
For all those other Newcastle applicants waiting to hear back, their admissions policy states that they make their rejections from mid-Feb and acceptances from March, so no news really is good news!!
Reply 272
Heard from Nottingham today. Interview on 9th March.

Process looks scary tho :frown:
Reply 273
Original post by lexie_89
Heard from Nottingham today. Interview on 9th March.

Process looks scary tho :frown:

Congratulations, don't worry too much =)) I am waiting for Nottingham (and the other 3 I applied to ) to get back to me :frown: .
Reply 274
Original post by Drukus
Congratulations, don't worry too much =)) I am waiting for Nottingham (and the other 3 I applied to ) to get back to me :frown: .

Only recieved the letter today. The postmark was Friday's date so its prob on the way :smile:

Am still waiting on my others too!
Original post by doubledoubleu

I had a Warwick interview with last year and got put on the waiting list before being rejected, but atleast I know what to expect this year!

Could you please give us details? I mean, people will know the general outline of the selection centre, but do you have any specifics that may help people? Thanks
Interview at Nottingham on Friday 18th :smile:
Anyone waiting on a KCL reply post MMI? Has anyone got any idea when they'll let us know?
Newcastle GEP rejection w/o interview
Just withdrawn from my 4 & 5 year Barts interviews, hopefully one of you guys will get them!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending