The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MizzCupcakes

Just watched the Shawshank Redemption :adore:

Still need to watch that properly, ive seen bits of it but never the whole thing.

Just finished watching scott pilgram vs the world - which was weird and funny
And watched the green mile earlier :cry:
Original post by CertifiedAngel

Still need to watch that properly, ive seen bits of it but never the whole thing.

Just finished watching scott pilgram vs the world - which was weird and funny
And watched the green mile earlier :cry:

You definitely should :yep:

plus this is what I noticed:

Shawshank Redemption: Red "I'm known to locate certain things from time to time"

How I Met Your Mother S.6E.14: Robin "I've been known to locate certain objects from time to time"

Spielberg and Abrams :bandit:
:coma:
:zomg: Had no idea there'd been a Super 8 teaser! Cannot wait for that film.
Four Lions was good. Is Infidel, which I always unconsciously associate with Four Lions, also worth a watch? :holmes: I want a big budget action film but I've seen most of them. :moon:

You definitely should :yep:

plus this is what I noticed:

Shawshank Redemption: Red "I'm known to locate certain things from time to time"

How I Met Your Mother S.6E.14: Robin "I've been known to locate certain objects from time to time"

I love it when films are quoted in tv shows/other films makes me feel like such a film geek when i recognise them :ahee:
Super 8 looks good.

I love it when films are quoted in tv shows/other films makes me feel like such a film geek when i recognise them :ahee:

:awesome: lol :h: true :yep:
:holmes:

Super 8 does indeed look good,

though I thought the rumours were that

it going to be in the same style as Cloverfield.

still excited :teeth:
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Four Lions was good. Is Infidel, which I always unconsciously associate with Four Lions, also worth a watch? :holmes: I want a big budget action film but I've seen most of them. :moon:

:no: Don't waste your time. Omid Djalili is a **** actor.
Original post by unknownking321
:no: Don't waste your time. Omid Djalili is a **** actor.

Very well. Time to open up the classic list of top ranking films for the past 10 years on Metacritic. I shall confine myself to lists of films yet again, desperately searching for a match. :getmecoat:
I haven't watched all the Superbowl ads but this is one of my favourites:

Cute. :rofl:
Very well. Time to open up the classic list of top ranking films for the past 10 years on Metacritic. I shall confine myself to lists of films yet again, desperately searching for a match. :getmecoat:

Watch Entourage if you haven't already. :fuhrer:
Cute. :rofl:

Raging Bull.
I want a big budget action film but I've seen most of them. :moon:

I bet you haven't. How about Rambo?

Original post by spacepirate-James
:holmes:

Super 8 does indeed look good,

though I thought the rumours were that

it going to be in the same style as Cloverfield.

still excited :teeth:

The rumours that said that were as wrong as the ones saying the film's canon was related to Cloverfield. Abrams considers this more of an homage to Spielberg's stuff like Close Encounters.
These are the favourite adverts i've seen in a while.

(edited 13 years ago)

The Infidel isn't that bad. I thought parts of it were quite funny. I am Jewish, though, and I remember there being a couple of 'in jokes' - though I only saw it once and that was when it first came out, can't remember just how much of the film was taken up with them...

I always associate it with Four Lions too, guess they came out a couple of months apart, and were both British films exploring religious/cultural differences and stuff...

Oh yeah, forgot to mention earlier in this thread - I saw Four Lions twice, once with a Q&A with Chris Morris :biggrin: Was so good.

Watch Entourage if you haven't already. :fuhrer:

I'm up to season 5/6 now. Contrary to my fears that it might stagnate, I think it's actually got a pretty decent changing narrative over all of the years.

Latest