The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mimimimi

Original post by mimimimi
Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! :love:

Is everyone going to watch the awesome film 'Valentine's Day', starring everyone's favourite Ashton Kutcher, to mark the celebration?

</sarcasm>

Nah, I'd rather watch Tarantino's favourite slasher:

EHHHHH, I'M GEORGE LOPEZ:

Is Russell Brand the new Adam Sandler?

Trailer's actually pretty funny. Whether the film has any more funny moments than this is another thing entirely though...
Original post by Phalanges

Trailer's actually pretty funny. Whether the film has any more funny moments than this is another thing entirely though...

He's a bit wordier.
Original post by Madjackismad

He's a bit wordier.

Can't act for **** though; I've never seen a performance of his and not thought "this is Russell Brand".
Can't act for **** though; I've never seen a performance of his and not thought "this is Russell Brand".

He's an alright comedian. I loved where in one of his shows, he completely ridiculed the tabloids claims against him and he did it so well. I've not seen any of the films he's been in.

Don't think I'd enjoy that, looks too cheesy, I used to think he was a complete ****, but I have grown to russell brand, I liked Get him to the Greek, and he was hilarious in an episode of Never mind the Buzzcocks, I just think he's mental now, I firmly believe, he has no control over what he says.
(edited 13 years ago)

He's an alright comedian. I loved where in one of his shows, he completely ridiculed the tabloids claims against him and he did it so well. I've not seen any of the films he's been in.

Adam Sandler wasn't a bad stand up either:

Sandler also gave a really good performance in the very under-rated Funny People, even though this time instead of playing himself all he was parodying himself. :p:

7TKGaBYadEs

It looks good - quite a wait for it to come out, thought.

I thought he was great in Get Him To The Greek.
Reply 8449

Clip looks dry tbh and I think Adam Sandler is in a league of his own, by far there is no comparison between him and Russell Brand. Adam Sandler :yy:

On a side not has anyone seen his new movie with Jennifer Anniston called 'Just go with it' ?

In other news my Professor Layton DVD arrived :jive:
Reply 8451
Just watched 127 Hours. Loved it, thought it was fantastic. The King's Speech and The Social Network had better be nothing short of spectacular (in terms of all three of plot, acting (especially the lead actors) and direction) or my estimation of The Academy is dropping significantly.

Tbh, the highlight for me wasn't

Spoiler

but I suppose that it could be because I knew it was coming (****ing spoilers :mad:). Consequently, I wasn't that grossed out either. And overall, although I had high expectations about the movie, I couldn't fathom how they were going to fill it up. After all, a movie about

Spoiler

doesn't really seem to have enough to constitute a gripping plot, though it sounds intriguing on its own. This was great though, I was enthralled.

James Franco :coma: I did not know he was that talented an actor.
I love True Romance like a fat kid loves cake.

/late
Russel Brand is rly smart, good with words and genuinely pretty good at stand up, find him quite funny. Don't think he's the best actor ever but meh
http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/114/1149474p1.html

More Inception cast members join DKR. All they need now is Leo. Jaysus.
Original post by Christien
http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/114/1149474p1.html

More Inception cast members join DKR. All they need now is Leo. Jaysus.

:frown: Really wanted Naomi Watts to play a part, I thought she would of fitted well in Batman.
Original post by Abiraleft

Just watched 127 Hours. Loved it, thought it was fantastic. The King's Speech and The Social Network had better be nothing short of spectacular (in terms of all three of plot, acting (especially the lead actors) and direction) or my estimation of The Academy is dropping significantly.

Tbh, the highlight for me wasn't

Spoiler

but I suppose that it could be because I knew it was coming (****ing spoilers :mad:). Consequently, I wasn't that grossed out either. And overall, although I had high expectations about the movie, I couldn't fathom how they were going to fill it up. After all, a movie about

Spoiler

doesn't really seem to have enough to constitute a gripping plot, though it sounds intriguing on its own. This was great though, I was enthralled.

James Franco :coma: I did not know he was that talented an actor.

The King's Speech and The Social Network are better films overall (as are Toy Story 3, Inception, The Fighter, True Grit, Scott Pilgrim, and a host of other films released last year), but the acting and editing are in a class of their own, above and beyond anything released last year or for several years prior.

Here's another crap oversight by the Academy; Sally Menke never won an Oscar.
...but I suppose that it could be because I knew it was coming (****ing spoilers :mad:).

Is that supposed to be a joke? Because you realise it doesn't really count as a spoiler when it was a huge news story when it really happened, right? That's like saying "Omgz Titanic would have been way more shocking if it weren't for all the spoilers!" :tongue:

In other news, I just watched Requiem for a Dream. Pretty mood-killing film, but could perhaps be educational for kids, it'd put them off drugs for life... I think I liked it, but it seems strange to say that for such a film. Let's just say I think it's a good film. Oh and Jared Leto was hot.
Title revealed: The Amazing Spider-man - July 3, 2012.

Full sized pic: http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/8/2011/02/select_091.jpg

(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 8459
Watched Blue Valentine with some friends.

Latest