The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London

Thoughts on Greenwich Uni?

Any thoughts? Would be Much Appreciated!:smile:
It's terrible. Ranked near the bottom for almost everything.
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London
Reply 2
I've heard that its a pretty decent university.
but gosh, if the league tables are like the bible of everything university, so it must be an awful, ghetto mess of non-educated white trash.

¬_¬

(I'm applying for Greenwich too!)
(edited 13 years ago)
Not too sure about the Uni itself, but I have applied and have friends in the first year, Ive been to stay with them and the area is perfect! Transport is everywhere! Central London is minutes away! And its not even as expensive as you might think!
Reply 4
I'm in my second year and love my uni! If you have any questions let me know, what are you applying for?
Lol at whoever neg repped me for telling the truth. It IS ranked near bottom for everything.

Must've been some peasant that actually attends this piece of **** "university"
LOL. So many peasants.
Reply 7
There is always one..
I wouldn't be so quick to judge. I'm in my first year studying Film & TV production at Greenwich, and the reason I picked it is because of the links they have with the BBC - it was recommended to me by a careers advisor, and I'm really enjoying it here! It's true that it's ranked quite low for most things, but it ranks higher in specific areas. You can't judge a university by a general league table, because it does depend on the subject you take.
Reply 9
Original post by Super_girl

I'm in my second year and love my uni! If you have any questions let me know, what are you applying for?

Hey im applying for business management whats the nightlife like?
Reply 10
Original post by nancyy
Hey im applying for business management whats the nightlife like?

I like the night life, greenwich is great for pubs chilling out etc then you are only 20mins from central and all the clubs there. The SU is ok, never actually been to a 'night' but its cheap and its alcohol!
Reply 11
I like the night life, greenwich is great for pubs chilling out etc then you are only 20mins from central and all the clubs there. The SU is ok, never actually been to a 'night' but its cheap and its alcohol!

From what I know, the SU nights have been getting quite popular lately. And well as just events at the Greenwich campus SU, the Union also runs a free shuttle bus service to our larger SU bar at the Avery Hill campus, with return trips included at the end of the night.
Reply 12
Original post by Tirant
From what I know, the SU nights have been getting quite popular lately. And well as just events at the Greenwich campus SU, the Union also runs a free shuttle bus service to our larger SU bar at the Avery Hill campus, with return trips included at the end of the night.

Maybe Avery has become more popular but I don't know anyone who goes to nights at the SU in Greenwich its much more of a first year thing I think. Because by second year you know places in London where you can get better drinks for similar prices (this may be a girl/cocktail thing).
Reply 13
Go and visit the uni. Find out more about your course. Ignore league tables and ignore the comments from those on TSR who are obsessed with them.
Reply 14
Original post by liamerrington
Any thoughts? Would be Much Appreciated!:smile:

I am finishing my 2nd year at Greenwich, the Greenwich Campus is beautiful in the Summer.

Greenwich Park is right next door, and the lecturers are really good. (Although there are a few boring ones, but you get those everywhere).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending