The Student Room Group

Greenwich or City for accounting

Would it be better to study finance and accounting at Greenwich uni or study econ and accounting at City uni if I want to pursuit pursuit career in either finance or accounting. I was wondering which uni will be better for getting a job straight after uni.
Reply 1
Are you a U.K. or international student? Standard 18 year old on entry?
Reply 2
Original post by ajj2000
Are you a U.K. or international student? Standard 18 year old on entry?

UK and yes 18
Reply 3
Original post by Seodhrod
UK and yes 18

City by a long way in that case.
City is a fair bit better than Greenwich but Econ and Accounting at City isn’t a Cass/Bayes degree so not exactly a brilliant degree. Would maybe look at other unis if I were you.
Reply 5
Original post by AprilJune63
City is a fair bit better than Greenwich but Econ and Accounting at City isn’t a Cass/Bayes degree so not exactly a brilliant degree. Would maybe look at other unis if I were you.

Such as what uni
Because I'm not doing alevel maths and I got 6 in gcse maths
Reply 6
Such as what uni

And I want to stay in london
Reply 7
Original post by ajj2000
City by a long way in that case.

Would econ still help me to get a job in accounting?
Reply 8
Would econ still help me to get a job in accounting?

yes - you don't particularly need a related degree.
Such as what uni

I have no idea what A Levels you’re doing or what you’re predicted. Need that info to give you any serious advice although if you plan on staying in London then your options are likely limited. All I’m gonna say is you will struggle to get into any high finance jobs with a degree from City, although accounting may be a more realistic career path.
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 10
I have no idea what A Levels you’re doing or what you’re predicted. Need that info to give you any serious advice although if you plan on staying in London then your options are likely limited. All I’m gonna say is you will struggle to get into any high finance jobs with a degree from City, although accounting may be a more realistic career path.

Alevel history economic and psychology, predicted all As. What about if I go greenwich for accounting
Reply 11
Alevel history economic and psychology, predicted all As. What about if I go greenwich for accounting

Can you not leave London? You would have much broader choices.
Reply 12
Original post by ajj2000
Can you not leave London? You would have much broader choices.

No I don't want to get accommodation

You’re predicted 3 A’s so I’m guessing you’re bright. You have the grades to go to far better unis than Greenwich or City. I can’t give you much advice apart from expand your horizons past London and be more aspirational if you’re serious about a well paying career in accounting or finance.
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 14
You’re predicted 3 A’s so I’m guessing you’re bright. You have the grades to go to far better unis than Greenwich or City. I can’t give you much advice apart from expand your horizons past London and be more aspirational if you’re serious about a well paying career in accounting or finance.

Could you recommend some unis
Reply 15

What are the chances of getting an average paying career if I study at Greenwich
Reply 16
What do you mean by an average paying career? Is that something you aspire to or are trying to avoid?

Do you live close to Greenwich? Is that the reason for your interest? Is the wish to live at home financial or are there some health type issues?
Reply 17
Original post by ajj2000
What do you mean by an average paying career? Is that something you aspire to or are trying to avoid?

Do you live close to Greenwich? Is that the reason for your interest? Is the wish to live at home financial or are there some health type issues?

Financial
I want to be able to get a job right after uni and i don'tmind if it's not in the top top companies

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending