The Student Room Group

2011 Graduate Entry Medicine Applicants - Interviews, Offers etc.

Scroll to see replies

If I don't hear something new in the next 24-48 hours
I'm going jump up and down and scream, reliving my early years, having a kiddie tantrum
Reply 301
Original post by KatieWarwick
Hi everyone!

Just had a quick read through the above and wanted to say good luck to everyone! I heard back from Kings yesterday and got an offer for the 4 year course, still in a massive state of shock!!

Katie :smile:

Congratulations Katie!

I assume you are also a postgrad? Looks like those who have actually qualified are getting their responses first... Thinking harder about us in our final year!
Original post by Oli3000
Congratulations Katie!

I assume you are also a postgrad? Looks like those who have actually qualified are getting their responses first... Thinking harder about us in our final year!

Hi Oli!

I'm actually still in my third year, the offer is conditional though. I got the offer late Friday night so hopefully they'll still be sending offers out next week, good luck :smile:
Original post by KatieWarwick
Hi Oli!

I'm actually still in my third year, the offer is conditional though. I got the offer late Friday night so hopefully they'll still be sending offers out next week, good luck :smile:

Hi!

I'm interested in Graduate Medicine, was surprised to see you had an offer whilst still in your third year.

If you don't me asking, what degree are you doing currently? and grade are you predicted/likely to achieve?

What is your past academic record? and did you do any volunteering/shadowing?

Anything would help thanks!:smile:
Believe me I was pretty surprised too! And of course:
I'm studying Psychology (BSc) at Warwick University at the moment and am predicted a first, the offer is conditional on a 2.1.
I got AAAa in Biology, Psychology, Philosophy and English Literature at A-level, so really not the most hardcore science background!
Umm, i got 768 in UKCAT
In terms of extra curricular, since uni I've been in a few societies, including mixed netball, and have a radio show.
Then, I tried to get experience in as many areas as possible; I volunteered on a paediatric ward once a week for a year or so, then also at a centre for adults with Downs Syndrome once a week. Umm I spent a week on a gerontology ward, and a week in surgery. I also got some experience in a mortuary (!!) and in a cancer research lab.
And i guess one more thing that might have helped was that for the last year I've also worked as a research assisstant for warwick med school, for a project about learning disabilities, and for some reason they've let me write the research paper to be published!

I hope thats helpful? To be honest it feels so weird to be giving advice! I really didn't feel confident about the interviews, but I guess the main thing was that I was really enthusiastic and just tried to show them that medicine is all I want to do, so as long as you get that across hopefully it'll all work out :smile:
Hi, I'll be starting my biomed degree soon and wanted to ask a few questions.

Firstly, what does acknowledgement mean?

Also, what sort of question do they ask you an your interview. Do they ask you about your GCSE grades ect?

Thanks
Original post by mrdoovde1
Hi, I'll be starting my biomed degree soon and wanted to ask a few questions.

Firstly, what does acknowledgement mean?

Also, what sort of question do they ask you an your interview. Do they ask you about your GCSE grades ect?

Thanks

Acknowledgement means exactly what is says. They've recieved your application and are considering it. Some unis don't give acknowledgement.

They won't ask you about your grades. It's basically a job interview They'll ask you about how you work, ask for examples of lleadership, teamwork and self-motivation. Ask you to talk about your work experience, you strengths and your weaknesses. Ask you why you want to study there, why you want to study medicine and perhaps why you don't want to be a nurse.

These are just examples, but that's a basic jist of what most med schools ask.
Reply 307
Original post by gradapp2010
Hi all,
Congrats to all offers!
Anybody still waiting to hear from KCL GPEP (who had an interview)?
Seems like offers came out Wednesday and rejections Friday...?
I haven't heard either way - doesn't seem promising :-(

Hi,

I'm still waiting tp hear from KCL regarding the GPEP programme. Dont know if its a good thing or a bad thing that I still haven't heard but I'm a nervous wreck at the moment!! I think those rejections were for people who were still waiting to hear regarding an interview becasue a guy in my class heard from them on Friday to say he had been unsuccessfull in getting an interview. Are you still waiting??
Reply 308
Hi, I'm still waiting to hear back from Kings GEP following my interview on the 11th Jan - there are lots of people on New Media Medicine who have not heard anything yet either. Fingers crossed we hear something tonight (apparently they tend to email around 7.30pm).
Original post by itzme
i think the big problem is the ukcat! when i did it a few years ago, i only managed a 550 or 570.

I don't think 700 is a possibility for me.

Have you done tons of practice? I know they say you can't prepare for it, but you can prepare for anything!! Especially the timing!!! The UKCAT 600 questions book is really good (some of it is even tougher than the actual exam). Also just spending a lot of time remember how to do simple math quickly and practicing brain teasers online is really helpful.

Good luck!!
Reply 310
anyone heard today from KCL GPEP???
Soton BM4 rejection today! :frown:
Reply 312
3 rejections so far for me :frown: waiting on Leicester 5yr...
Original post by obries11
anyone heard today from KCL GPEP???

Do you mean this week or in general? New Media Medicine has a really active thread on KCL. Some offers were given last week and offers for the 4 year are still being given out; offers for the 5 year for people who interviewed for the 4 year haven't been given out yet. Good luck!
Reply 314
Original post by Sparko13
Soton BM4 rejection today! :frown:

Soton rejection today too :frown:
I'm out completely :frown:
Reply 316
So sorry to hear that apotoftea :frown:
You're my favourite poster on here, really think you deserved it.
Original post by lexie_89
Soton rejection today too :frown:

Sorry to hear this. It sucks big time doesn't it! Oh well their loss :wink:

Original post by apotoftea

Dammit i am so annoyed on your behalf. As the poster above me said, you are my favourite poster on this site. Really sorry to hear this :frown:
Reply 318

Noooooooooooo no no no no no :frown:

I'm so sorry. I know you're just a person on an internet forum but mate I seriously wanted you to get in. You will be a bloody good doctor.

Are you doing "the horror" again in March? If so, see you there.
Reply 319

Sorry apotoftea :frown: I'm sure you will have a sterling chance next year if you reapply? Have some Earl Grey on me :smile: x
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending