The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by Addzter
Proles? I'm sorry, do only the bourgoise have summer exams? :pierre:

:pierre: Idk, but you owe me a subway m8
Original post by Nayberay
I'm in. :five:

I have to go to university this September. I'm determined to go to my firm choice!

Why do you have to? Or do you mean that you really, really want to go this year (like me).
not revision as such, but organising yes. Last year my biggest problem at revision time was how many notes I had lost, so this time Im trying to get them in order and filed as soon as possible as it saves me a few weeks on catching up notes I'm missing.
Original post by Converse
Why do you have to? Or do you mean that you really, really want to go this year (like me).

Lol no I don't have to go, but because i'm on a gap year, as I changed what course I wanted to do and it was too late to change last year, I can't have another year off - not because i'm being pushed but its more of a personal thing.

In other words.. Yes I really really really x 100 do want to go to my firm choice, plus I want results day this year to be epic. :smile: xD
Original post by Ebuwa
I'm with you -I have already done my revision timetable(getrevising.co.uk). I want my A*/As and with good preparation and practise (daily)I will get it!

Ha I never follow the timetable that that website sets for me! It's ridiculous, I was forced to do it last year for my GCSEs and it made me want to kill myself. Good luck anyway!:biggrin:
Original post by Nayberay
Lol no I don't have to go, but because i'm on a gap year, as I changed what course I wanted to do and it was too late to change last year, I can't have another year off - not because i'm being pushed but its more of a personal thing.

In other words.. Yes I really really really x 100 do want to go to my firm choice, plus I want results day this year to be epic. :smile: xD

Fair enough, I'm the same, idk I'll just feel pathetic if I had to take a gap year.. Mehh

Good luck:smile:
Reply 146
I am not; i am going to start once i find out what i got in my January modules, and plus i cant start now i have to english and history coursework to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLUS- I still want to party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 147
I am :smile:
I have :biggrin:
Reply 149
Amen to that, I have done NOTHING since I finished Jan modules and my uni offer is A*A*A, hopefully tomorrow does in fact turn out to be the 'tomorrow when i start' I have been mentioning for a while now!
Original post by Converse
Fair enough, I'm the same, idk I'll just feel pathetic if I had to take a gap year.. Mehh

Good luck:smile:

Naaah well the gap year was out of choice to be fair, I had the offers, I met the grade critera but decided to go and study something that I actually want to.

The gap years doing me good, had a few personal issues to deal with that are sorted.

I already had a job, but got a better job with a chance of relocation to my potential firm choice uni. Its all good.

For me, the gap year so far has been awesome but fair enough and thanks. :h:
Reply 151
Original post by Pensivedore
Ha I never follow the timetable that that website sets for me! It's ridiculous, I was forced to do it last year for my GCSEs and it made me want to kill myself. Good luck anyway!:biggrin:

Lol why is it ridiculous?
Reply 152
Because it assumes if you are not sleeping you are revising. Even god needed a break.
I nominate this thread to be the place where we all come back and say how we're all doing?
Reply 154
Original post by gdsffdes
lol, pfft, thats part of school

We don't all have amazing/dedicated/present teachers i'm afraid m'dear.
Reply 155
Original post by damidude
I nominate this thread to be the place where we all come back and say how we're all doing?

Yeah, we can check in now and again. :smile:

Nayberay: 5 exams! :eek3:
Reply 156
I'm assuming other people have said so already, but there's really no need to start this early! It's only February! You probably still have coursework to do, so focus on that if you do. If you don't, then just focus on keeping up with the work you've got at the moment, rather than actively revising. If I remember right, A2 exams are after May half term, which gives you a whole term between now and then. Starting revision over Easter is probably about right. Unless you've done literally no work since September, then you really don't need to start now. It won't help. Of course it depends on the subjects you're doing, and on the individual as everyone has different techniques for learning, but I don't think I started any revision before the easter holidays, unless I had mocks beforehand.
sounds like one hell of a plan, might have to try some proper revision lol count me in :smile:
Reply 158
I'd prefer to very stressed for a month and a half compared to pretty stressed for 3-4 months.
I tried slow gradual revision one year - by the time I'd finished revising after about 2 months, I'd forgotten most of the stuff at the start already.

Latest