The Student Room Group

UCAT preparation

I wanted to take my exam end of august
When should I start preparing
How do I prepare
Do I buy Medify?
Reply 1
You need to start prepping now buy the 3 month Medify package then do most of the question bank then 4 weeks before test complete 2-3 mocks a week and also do the mocks on official ucat site. I started mine last year in May and was doing 30-40 mins a day then moved to an hour day then just did mocks in last 4 weeks before test. But I know people who started in April and were doing 2-3 hours a day prep.
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by 121dxb
You need to start prepping now buy the 3 month Medify package then do most of the question bank then 4 weeks before test complete 2-3 mocks a week and also do the mocks on official ucat site. I started mine last year in May and was doing 30-40 mins a day then moved to an hour day then just did mocks in last 4 weeks before test. But I know people who started in April and were doing 2-3 hours a day prep.

Hi
thank you
I was looking on medify but thr subscription would end way before I would do my exam in agust
it would expire the 10 th August
Reply 3
Original post by iamastudent1234
Hi
thank you
I was looking on medify but thr subscription would end way before I would do my exam in agust
it would expire the 10 th August

You can extend it an extra week
Original post by 121dxb
You can extend it an extra week

Okay thank you
How did you revise you just did medify
Also did you buy any books
Thanks so much
Reply 5
I wanted to take my exam end of august
When should I start preparing
How do I prepare
Do I buy Medify?

Depending on how busy your summer is, I personally would start preparing after end of year mocks at your sixth form - ie about end of June start of july-ish. Starting too early can and will result in burnout. Prepare using Medify (as your primary source), once you run out of questions start doing Medentry if you wish. When starting off, use keyword scanner trainers to help with identifying key words in VR, and buy yourself a large keyboard (with a numpad) to get yourself familiarized with the layout. Preferably try and amp up your mental maths. Books, try out the 1000Qs for UCAT textbook, do a little bit of annotating and see which methods work out for you the best, there's also a decent book by Kaplan on UCAT prep that's near impossible (but still possible) to find.
Reply 6
Okay thank you
How did you revise you just did medify
Also did you buy any books
Thanks so much

I bought the book was a waste of money as never used it. Just used Medify and ucat mocks. Read gmc guidelines for sjt part. There’s loads of YouTube videos on tips too they helped. Medic mind tips were good.
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending