The Student Room Group

I want to support a football team :(

My mum&Dads divorced so i didnt have the chance of supporting what my dad supports but yh anyway what makes you support a football team?
why do you support the team you support?
recently it's become important for me,and i feel like something's missing in my life..
so yh..
people around me generally support either
Tottenham,arsenal,man u,chelsea:s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If you don't have interest in football, don't bother. Don't be a half-arsed fan of team you've picked at random.
Reply 2
.Support your LOCAL team
Support your local team. Quite apart from being an awful lot cheaper if this is a lower league side, it can have a strange snob value. I was out with a group of people from S.W. London who were banging on about premiership clubs and then one of the group started talking about having seen a good game at Brentford, which for most of those there would be the local team. Everyone else was left faintly chastened.
Local team.
If you are intent on picking a team, go for your local team. Don't follow the crowd and just pick a popular Premiership club for the sake of it. You don't seem that bothered so you'll never end up going to any matches and even if you decide to, you'll end up paying £50 to go and see a team you don't really care about because you picked them out of thin air.

If you pick your local team, at least you might actually end up going one day, and chances are it'll be £5 a ticket, perfect for the casual supporter such as yourself.

Obviously by local I don't mean 'Oooh I live near Manchester so I'll support Man City!'
I mean the likes of FC United, Accrington Stanley, Droylsden and Hyde who need all the support they can get.
Reply 6
You clearly don't care about football, so what is ze point?!
Reply 7
Dont sup[port one of the big preimer league teams if you dont live near them you'll just be dubbed as a 'glory hunter' with the other 5 million or so. Just suport your local team where you can actually go see them play and become part of the club. But if your not really into football dont support a team because it'll make you look dumb and part of 'the crowd' just do what my mate does watch the matches and pick a side before each match :biggrin:
Depends what kit you look best in. Upload some pics and I'll provide feedback after I've fapped to them :tongue:
Reply 9
Original post by should be revising
If you are intent on picking a team, go for your local team. Don't follow the crowd and just pick a popular Premiership club for the sake of it. You don't seem that bothered so you'll never end up going to any matches and even if you decide to, you'll end up paying £50 to go and see a team you don't really care about because you picked them out of thin air.

If you pick your local team, at least you might actually end up going one day, and chances are it'll be £5 a ticket, perfect for the casual supporter such as yourself.

Obviously by local I don't mean 'Oooh I live near Manchester so I'll support Man City!'
I mean the likes of FC United, Accrington Stanley, Droylsden and Hyde who need all the support they can get.

Unless you actually live in Manchester like me then support City :biggrin:
Or if you live in Trafford you can support United!
A lot of peoples local teams are are actually 'big' teams.
Don't bother. Support a Quidditch team, they're much cooler :awesome:.
A team near you is always good to choose. But if not just watch many different teams and choose one which you actually enjoy watching. No point bothering with a team you can't stand watching. For example if I lived outside St Andrews in Birmingham I wouldn't support them because whenever I have the misfortune of watching them on TV I almost fall asleep.
your local team would be the bst idea. Mines QPR but i was influenced by my dad to support Chelsea from the age of 7/8.

if you dont like football, then dont bother
TANGERINE ARMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:party::party:
i live in trafford so i support manchester united but still get called a glory hunter
You don't pick the team, the team picks you.

Lol just joking just pick any team you want, it doesn't have to be local if you don't like the local team btw. It can be history, type of play, players etc...

And it doesn't matter if you get called a glory hunter, chances are they support a premiership team as well. I get called a glory hunter by my brother for supporting arsenal when he supports Man u lol
(edited 13 years ago)
If you like football either support your local team OR start watching lots of teams on the television or go to some local matches and pick the ones who you think play the kind of football you like. Eventually that will cease to matter and they will be a part of you and you'll support them through thick and thin.

**** football snobbery if you want to support a team then just go ahead and support them, unless you just don't care about them doing well, then it's just pointless. But don't pick either Everton or Manchester United ok? :smile:
If you wish to suffer from severe episodes of stress for 90 minutes every week, reduced or complete lack of fingernails and premature greying of your hair, then Wolverhampton Wanderers FC could be the team for you!
I've got into Football more seriously since high school days and I love it! :biggrin:

I used to watch every single Match of the Day in Year 7, 8, 9, 10 but then I stopped for a while.

Now though i'm back and missed it so much!

Arsenal :arsenal: all the way :woo:
Reply 19
Original post by miranda13
i live in trafford so i support manchester united but still get called a glory hunter

That's fair enough, you're supporting your local team.
It's the ones living in Manchester supporting a team from Trafford that wind me up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending