The Student Room Group

Vac Schemes 2011: Because when you're a lawyer it's never too early!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3220
Original post by bigman
exactly the same with me. i had my interview last tuesday (15th) and still haven't heard :s-smilie: when was your interview?

I know someone who got a VS with SJ Berwin offer today.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3221
VS interview at Mishcon wooooohooooooo! First bit of luck in a long time. Please please anyone who has had one pass on any tips. They say it is competency based but does that mean there isn't anything else to it - Do they ask commercial awareness questions? Is is very structured or more like a conversation? Any info at all would be great. I'm extremely nervous already.
Reply 3222
Original post by ehc2406
I know someone who got a VS with SJ Berwin offer today.

Do you know when their interview was? Mine was yesterdy - sadly no 9pm offer though...
Original post by bigman
exactly the same with me. i had my interview last tuesday (15th) and still haven't heard :s-smilie: when was your interview?

I too am still waiting and had my interview on the 17th. May have jeopardized it by saying that I don't really want the VS but the 2nd stage (i.e. TC) interview instead. :colondollar:
(edited 13 years ago)
Has anybody had an sj berwin rejection, pre-interview yet? or has it only been interview invites which have been sent out?
Reply 3225
Norton Rose PFO :frown:
Reply 3226
Original post by Carlaaaa
I got an offer for the Baker & McKenzie International Placement Scheme. Soooooo incredibly happy, I cannot believe it.

wooow! jeez i went there for an open day and they told us they organise it for only like 4 people CONGRATS
Reply 3227
Original post by Who'd_Have_Known
Has anybody had an sj berwin rejection, pre-interview yet? or has it only been interview invites which have been sent out?

I was wondering the same thing...! I haven't heard anything from them yet. Although...I did submit my application about 5 minutes before the deadline so I doubt that went down well!
Reply 3228

I'm sure there has been people on this thread who have been rejected from the application form, not just interview invites.

I'm still waiting to hear from them regarding my application form! Have you heard anything at all from them?
Reply 3229
Original post by Rob_Law
I'm sure there has been people on this thread who have been rejected from the application form, not just interview invites.

I'm still waiting to hear from them regarding my application form! Have you heard anything at all from them?

I'm still waiting as well...:s-smilie:
Original post by Rob_Law

No, I haven't- and since I'd only noticed people talking about interviews I thought perhaps they were saving up all the rejections until the end (just to be cruel!)
Got an interview at Cobbetts on the 24th. Shocked.
Reply 3232
No, I haven't- and since I'd only noticed people talking about interviews I thought perhaps they were saving up all the rejections until the end (just to be cruel!)

I got rejected from SJ Berwin pre-interview weeks ago, and so did someone else I know. So there's still hope :smile:
Reply 3233
Original post by colly6191
Got an interview at Cobbetts on the 24th. Shocked.

Me too :smile:
Original post by Kali_89
Me too :smile:

Congrats! At Leeds? Do you know what to expect at all?
Hi all. Has anyone heard from Osborne Clarke (London office) post interview? Had my AC on Friday morning and keeping my fingers crossed!!
Reply 3236
Just got this from Charles Russell...

Thank you for your application for a place on our Summer Placement Scheme.

Further to our confirmation of receipt of your application form, we would like to take the opportunity now to advise you of the timeframe for being able to communicate to you the outcome of your application.

We have received a large number of applications and these are currently being reviewed. All of our applications are read in person by a trained reviewer and not automatically sifted by a software programme as we believe that all skills/experience should be taken into consideration. In most instances applications are actually read several times by a number of reviewers. We hope therefore to be in a position to revert to you by the end of March regarding the status of your application.

Whilst writing, we would like to confirm that our Placement Scheme will be taking place between 20 June and 8 July. There are three programmes, each lasting one week with 8 individuals on each scheme.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Charles Russell to date.

Regards

The Trainee Recruitment Team
for on behalf of Charles Russell LLP

So looks like it's going to be a bit of a wait till we hear from them!
Yaaay - Osborne Clarke offer :biggrin:
Reply 3238
i STILL havent heard from withers or manches about my vacation schemes. its starting to depress the hell out of me because some ppl have already had offers and i havent even heard back from my app! :frown:
Reply 3239
Original post by Daisy13
Cobbetts assessment centre :biggrin:
Just when I was giving up hope, so happy!

Now also a little bit terrified!
There's a written exercise. As a non-law, any way of preparing?

Well done to everyone's offers the last few days. And for those with rejections, don't give up!

Cobbetts AC too, mines in Manchester

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending