The Student Room Group

Allen & Overy Vacation Scheme

Hey - Has everyone recived an offer/rejection already?

Thanks in advance.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
interview on weds - will tell you friday! :P
TKR
interview on weds - will tell you friday! :P

A&O took a week to get back to me after interview- both for vac scheme and TC, pretty standard i think.
Reply 3
Yikes! I have another firm waiting so I was hoping I might be able to jolly them a long a bit somehow. Well only time will tell!
Reply 4
Does anyone know the actual dates of the scheme? Can't seem to find them anywhere...
10th to 19th of December according to Lex
Reply 6
thanks Z
Reply 7
Most people on my vac scheme knew the next (working) day, although it can vary if the Graduate Recruitment Partner is on holiday (she signs off all the offers).

Good luck
goodgirl23
Hey - Has everyone recived an offer/rejection already?

Thanks in advance.

Have you heard back from them yet?
Reply 9
I am aware that Allen and Overy does pay vacation scheme students, am I also correct in assuming that they arrange accomodation for you aswell? This may be a stupid question I understand

because a week in london would cost much more than the payment...

Further, do most top 100 law firms also arrange a place for you to live for the duration of placements?

thank you (I got rejected by A & O by the way) :mad: :frown:
Reply 10
I don't think any of them arrange accommodation. I would think the ~£300 they pay a week is just enough to cover renting out a room in halls or something...
I think renting out a room in City university's halls is about £140 a week.
Reply 12
ah well it would more than cover it then :smile: I'll be staying with friends though so I get to spend the money on a new suit :biggrin:
Reply 13
The only one that arranges accomodation as far as I know is the CC winter workshop (which is unpaid)
Reply 14
Is it possible to arrange accom. in university halls in london even though I am not a student there? what are the cheapest alternatives

Im from the deep north and would be new to the city, so have literally no idea!!!
Reply 15
University of London Colleges tend to rent out their halls during the holidays to tourists. It's generally cheaper than a hotel. I don't have a link for you, but I'm sure google will offer up the online booking site for UoL accomodation.
Reply 16
Is anyone still waiting for a response from Allen & Overy? I ahve been waiting for about 4 days since my interview, can I draw any sensible conclusions. Thanks
Reply 17
I waited 6 days (wednesday to tuesday) before I heard. They rang me.
Reply 18
Thanks for that.
Vis-a-vis accommodation; steer well clear of CASS halls (the ones in Bethnal Green). A couple of uni friends who were banking interns stayed there last yr and it was an utter hole. You can get better for the money.

And, whilst on that topic, 300 GBP a week seems pretty meagre for a firm of A&O's calibre; banking interns earn three times that amount per week and I always considered the undergrads on vac schemes to be of a similar standard to those of us in banking. 300 GBP is not sufficient for comfortable living in London!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending