The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Student2806
Just watched Scott Pilgrim again. If anything, it gets better the more times you watch it. It's almost faultless.
I wish Kieran Culkin did more films.

I really liked him in Scott Pilgrim too :biggrin: Hope he does plenty more films.

I also watched 'You Can Count on Me' the other day which has the other Culkin brother in, Rory... Instantly recognisable as they all look pretty much the same :tongue: He was also really good.
I can't believe Macaulay Culkin is 30 :|
I can't believe that he was with Mila Kunis for a while.
Original post by cambo211
I can't believe that he was with Mila Kunis for a while.

Who wouldn't want to be able to watch Home Alone and say "I tapped that"?!
Original post by Phalanges
Smirnoff?

Am currently trying to think of a suitably witty response to both.

Yeah, that's one of the names he goes by (has so many accounts). And by some disturbing coincidence (he's spying on us), a little while after you said his name, he sent me a PM demanding reminding me to +7 rep him because I had 'assured' him I would...

Stolen from another thread. But i think it's nostalgia.

Original post by kingrudding
You can keep all your new features, pokemon and battles styles, just give me a magikarp, pikachu, diglet, pidgy, caterpie and a Ghastly and I will prevail.

Nostalgia indeed. What Gameboys did you guys have? Remember carrying around the B/W Gameboy...all the other kids had their Colours, GBAs and SPs :cry:
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Yeah, that's one of the names he goes by (has so many accounts). And by some disturbing coincidence (he's spying on us), a little while after you said his name, he sent me a PM demanding reminding me to +7 rep him because I had 'assured' him I would...

He is banned from The Shoutbox though :rofl:
+7 rep

Speaking of which cheers :biggrin:
Would've PMed but not possible to you :p:
(edited 13 years ago)
Nostalgia indeed. What Gameboys did you guys have? Remember carrying around the B/W Gameboy...all the other kids had their Colours, GBAs and SPs :cry:

I had:

then

then

I had:

Spoiler

Tribal SP FTW!

That's just cos the other kids didn't understand "retro" :p:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9429
I'm back :yeah:

Movie time now :beard:
Better not happen again, yo. I'm warning you. We will find you. Our fury knows no bounds. :colonhash:

There's a couple of others which I've left unfinished... :ninja: However in summer they shall all be completed :teehee:

-----

Just saw this while flicking through the paper on the train: www.metro.co.uk/balloonhouse :awesome:
Original post by cadaeibfeceh
Tribal SP FTW!

SP kids sucked. :pierre:

At least me and Cambo (from the looks of it) stopped at GBA. None of that SP and Micro shizzle. :hand:

Original post by Guvnor
I'm back :yeah:

Movie time now :beard:

Welcome back, Guv. :hat2:
(edited 13 years ago)
Has anybody here came across any films which have had a good concept, but which has been badly executed? Jumper and Invention of Lying spring to mind for me. On the opposing end, The Butterfly Effect had a good concept which was well executed.
(edited 13 years ago)
SP kids sucked. :pierre:

At least me and Cambo (from the looks of it) stopped at GBA. None of that SP and Micro shizzle. :hand:

Well pre-SP I only had GBC (which I bought after winning bingo on holiday :biggrin:) and I thought the SP was pretty!
Has anybody here came across any films which have had a good concept, but which has been badly executed? Jumper and Invention of Lying spring to mind for me. On the opposing end, The Butterfly Effect had a good concept which was well executed.

I agree with The Invention of Lying.

Duplex? Phonebooth? 4.3.2.1? The Da Vinci Code? :holmes:
(edited 13 years ago)

Alien: Resurrection I think. I agree with Jumper and The Invention Of Lying and I'd like to add Ronin to them.

Conversely I think True Grit (the recent one) was the opposite - a bad story (or, at least, too 2D for me) that was very well executed!

It did seem a little odd that I've never spoken to him and was just met with such a rude "are you a medical student or what?". Oh well, it seems there are some very peculiar people on TSR...

Paycheck is my fallback example for this. Fantastic story, and a good crew (directed by John Woo, starring Affleck, Thurman, Eckhart) but it just doesn't quite come together. I really loved it when I was younger though. I am always willing to try and overlook a film's flaws if you can see that it's attempted to do something original, daring or ambitious.

Daybreakers, that's like the definitive great concept poorly executed, also agree on Jumper
My brother had a GBC, which I frequently stole borrowed. I bought a retro GB from a neighbour when he got his GBC, which I used until the GBA came out right next to my birthday. I scorned the SP, and eventually got a DS. Which I sold after a few months.

Original post by cadaeibfeceh
Alien: Resurrection I think. I agree with Jumper and The Invention Of Lying and I'd like to add Ronin to them.

Conversely I think True Grit (the recent one) was the opposite - a bad story (or, at least, too 2D for me) that was very well executed!

I liked Alien: Resurrection.

Who is it? :ninja: ... rather odd to create multiple accounts and sub on them too. Someone's committed.

Latest