The Student Room Group

History VS Geography VS Triple Science

Poll

Which combination would you choose?

1. Which would you choose if you could only choose one out of those subjects? :smile:
2. Which would you choose if you could choose two out of those subjects? :smile:
...At GCSEs.

:smile: I'm just interested in your opinions :wink: I would choose Geography and Triple Science :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Since I want to do science a-levels, triple science would be the priority. Then history purely out of interest.
Well due to bias, deffo triple science ftw!
Reply 3
Geography and Triple Science because that's what I do :tongue:
Out of the four subjects I picked as options, these two are the only ones I don't regret :redface:
Geography and Triple Science. History bores me to death and I'm not so good with remembering dates.
Reply 5
I do all three of these, and chose History and Triple Science. Triple Science I didn't really have a choice after my exam results on Thursday but I'm glad I'm doing it. History is interesting in most cases - some things are dull, as with every subject, but overall I think it's great. Geography is good as well, and I like it more than Triple Science most of the time and it's (hopefully) an A* that's not that hard to get come the exams, but because it's straightforward I sometimes lose a little bit of interest.
Reply 6
I would do History and Geography. This would mean doing double science which still allows you to do science A levels. So, overall, you would have a wider range of options for A levels cos you'd be able to do sciences/history/geography.
Reply 7
Interesting reasons for your choices :smile:

Poll Update:
1. History and Triple Science with 11 votes!
2. Geography and Triple Science with 5 votes!
3. History and Geography with 3 votes!
Original post by bobbricks
1. Which would you choose if you could only choose one out of those subjects? :smile:
2. Which would you choose if you could choose two out of those subjects? :smile:
...At GCSEs.

:smile: I'm just interested in your opinions :wink: I would choose Geography and Triple Science :smile:

History and Geography FTW! They are some of the best subjects you can take (enjoyment wise IMO)!
Reply 9
I would chose Geography and Triple Science, I take them as well as History but I enjoy Geography lessons way more than my History lessons.
Reply 10
Poll Update:
1. History and Triple Science with 16 votes!
2. Geography and Triple Science with 7 votes!
3. History and Geography with 4 votes!

It's interesting that people chose the combination of history/triple science even though they don't have much in common unlike the other options :wink:
Reply 11
I did Geography and Triple science, you get some overlaps with the sciences and geography (that's bound to help) and you also get some overlaps in bio and chem a-level (currently doing AS) with geography, that's why it would be a better choice. History is a strong GCSE (if you like writing essays!) but there aren't many overlaps from what I've heard (dropped it before GCSEs) but you can choose whatever you feel is best for you.

Good Luck, God Bless.
Reply 12
For me it would have to be Triple Science and History. The sciences are so much more interesting and especially at A level. I always hated Geography, and currently take History.

If you want to take Geography, watch out for the coursework!
Triple science and history. Triple science as it's useful if you want to pursue a science and A Level and history as although it was boring at times, it was one of the most useful GCSEs in the sense I have used the skills learnt on a regular basis.
If I had to choose 1 then definitely Geography. Its so interesting and a really broad course =) Love it!
If 2 then Geography and History purely because Triple Science sounds like absolute hell to me =p Always hated Science! History is much more interesting for me =p
I would definatley choose history, I actually do all of them, we had to do triple scince, however my fave. is history and it is my best subject. :smile:
Reply 16
I'd pick history and triple science-that's what I'm currently doing and I enjoy both of them. Triple science provides a great basis for science A levels and history is generally a very interesting subject and improves your analytical skills. It's well respected by universities too. Geography does overlap with the sciences though so if you're looking for an easy option, then I'd choose geography and triple science.
Reply 17
pick history. better for you
I do all of them:smile:
Incidentally, my three strongest subjects are: biology, chemistry and history. I think that's because they're probably the only three subjects which I find most intriguing. Saying that, some elements of history are a bore, as with other elements of all subjects!

Geography at GCSE level doesn't challenge me at all but like someone said above, it should be a relatively easy A* to attain this summer...

So yeah- history and triple science for me :biggrin:
Reply 19
Original post by quintus
pick history. better for you

Why is it better for you? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest