Reply 9560

Don't know if this has been posted before. :facepalm2:
Original post by cadaeibfeceh
Yeah I'd be up for that.

Original post by lukejoshjedi
Inception review... why not :cool:

Original post by Student2806
:borat:

Cool stuff. :biggrin: I'll try and set it up over the weekend then if I have time.

Original post by The Cornerstone
I'm not sure if I should do it, it would mean I'll have to watch it quite a few times to actually understand it at "review level" especially with a film like inception (only watched it once). But my review will probably be crap anyway :tongue:

Original post by mimimimi
Ooh! What's the review competition? I think I may have missed that first time around. I think I'd be up for writing a review on Inception, though it'd probably be rubbish :rolleyes:

Nah, don't think like that. None of us are reviewers in any kind of professional capacity, so it won't seem crap no matter what level you write at. It's more about having fun discussing films and becoming better via feedback, so don't be put off from writing because you worry it won't be any good. So long as it's your own thoughts, I always find them interesting. :smile:

Links to some previous competitions for your reference:

There Will Be Blood

Cloverfield
Reply 9562
Original post by xCBRx

Don't know if this has been posted before. :facepalm2:

I posted it ages ago but no one commented.

CGI bikini bottoms! The original scene. :coma:

Reply 9563
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
:teeth:

As soon as the guy started talking in the Super 8 trailer I knew who it was. Kyle Chandler is AMAZING as Eric Taylor in Friday Night Lights.

Does anyone feel like there's a bit of Stand By Me influence in there? I can't quite explain it but the kids remind me of the ones in SBM.
Original post by Phalanges
Nah, don't think like that. None of us are reviewers in any kind of professional capacity, so it won't seem crap no matter what level you write at. It's more about having fun discussing films and becoming better via feedback, so don't be put off from writing because you worry it won't be any good. So long as it's your own thoughts, I always find them interesting. :smile:

Links to some previous competitions for your reference:

There Will Be Blood

Cloverfield

Alright I'm up for it then :biggrin:
Just saw Adjustment Bureau guys. First cinema film for a couple of months. Very enjoyable film, whimsical, fun, particularly engaging. The foundation concept was standard however the bigger picture was quite unique and in that sense it was captivating to see the film unfold. Matt Damon is performs as well as his high standards would expect, and Emily Blunt was also very good. I think the plaudits will go to writer and directer George Nolfi.

8/10 film
Reply 9566
Troy is a great film.

It's spelt Tron. :colonhash:
:holmes:

Achilles' Kill death ratio was pretty impressive, couple dozen Trojans kill to his untimely 1
I watched two films today, 500 days of Summer and Up In The Air. Of all the subgenres in existence, I have very little time for romcoms. I remember films usually starring Richard Gere or Julia Roberts (or both), made without any creativity or talent simply as a way to generate money. Films where you knew everything that would happen by the end of the title sequence. These films today reminded me of the immense potential the genre has.
Feel like watching a foreign horror film. Go go go.
I watched two films today, 500 days of Summer and Up In The Air. Of all the subgenres in existence, I have very little time for romcoms. I remember films usually starring Richard Gere or Julia Roberts (or both), made without any creativity or talent simply as a way to generate money. Films where you knew everything that would happen by the end of the title sequence. These films today reminded me of the immense potential the genre has.

Yay you liked them! I haven't heard anything against Up In The Air but I know some people who think (500) Days of Summer is too artsy or something but I love it!

I've been taking a day of romcoms too but slightly more... well let's say the day started with About A Boy, went onto Four Weddings And A Funeral and I'm now topping it off with The Boat That Rocked...so not quite the great potential of what you're talking about but still a good day!
Original post by Seanisonfire
Feel like watching a foreign horror film. Go go go.

The Host
Gentlemen (and I assume we get some ladies in here?) I come bearing bad news.

As some of you may know Megan Fox, the girl some men adore and others think is ridiculously overrated (ie me), has been replaced in Transformers: Dark Of The Moon by an English girl who goes by the name of Rosie Huntington-Whiteley...and I'm afraid the casting director has screwed us again with a girl who looks like she's spent her entire life trying to be the British answer to Miss Fox...

For those of you who love Megan I'm sure you'll enjoy. For the rest of us our country has been put to shame...

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley

P.S. I thought I'd present this in a typically British way given the subject matter (lol)
(edited 13 years ago)

Yay you liked them! I haven't heard anything against Up In The Air but I know some people who think (500) Days of Summer is too artsy or something but I love it!

I've been taking a day of romcoms too but slightly more... well let's say the day started with About A Boy, went onto Four Weddings And A Funeral and I'm now topping it off with The Boat That Rocked...so not quite the great potential of what you're talking about but still a good day!

I think it's fair to say that some of the things that 500 days tries to do definitely do not work, but the mere fact it tries to be so creative is reason for commendation. And the scene with the split-screen of expectation vs reality is just beautiful. I might write a review on it in a bit, got a fair few thoughts...

With regards to Up In The Air:

Spoiler

Glad to hear you had a good film day as well. :biggrin:
It's ok Ape, Jesse Eisenberg, Kristen Stewart and Michael Cera have made social awkwardness kinda Ok in mainstream eyes

The Host

Ooo good call!
I am such a fail. I meant to delete my reply to Seanisonfire because of another fail in misreading his post, but I deleted my reply to Phalanges by accident...and then had to delete my reply to Sean and can't be arsed writing what I wrote to Phalanges again. :facepalm2:

I'll just go sit in a corner.

Now I want to know what you wrote. Write it again please. :sad:
About her...why does she always look like she is suffering from a bad drug habit, suffering withdrawal symptoms to some drug habit or extreme sleep deprivation? She always has that look about her.

lol! know what you mean... like she just woke up from a manic sleep or something. It comes across in some of her performances too esp the Twilight films, all nervous and jittery
I think it's fair to say that some of the things that 500 days tries to do definitely do not work, but the mere fact it tries to be so creative is reason for commendation. And the scene with the split-screen of expectation vs reality is just beautiful. I might write a review on it in a bit, got a fair few thoughts...

With regards to Up In The Air:

Spoiler

Glad to hear you had a good film day as well. :biggrin:

I agree with your spoiler :wink:
I can't be the only one who finds Citizen Kane dull and dry. Influential yes, entertaining no. Same for a lot of these Received Wisdom Classics.

Latest