The Student Room Group

The world - right now (variety of factors, deaths, births, etc)

http://www.worldometers.info/

Just found this cos I was searching for a world population count - interested to see if it was at 7 billion yet (probably in a few months) but yeah, came across this and the counters on there are just pretty incredible, weird to think that everything is happening right now in so many places all over the world simultaneously

weird... but cool
Reply 1
Original post by lukejoshjedi
http://www.worldometers.info/

Just found this cos I was searching for a world population count - interested to see if it was at 7 billion yet (probably in a few months) but yeah, came across this and the counters on there are just pretty incredible, weird to think that everything is happening right now in so many places all over the world simultaneously

weird... but cool

weird like but the sun is better.
I doubt the accuracy tbh.
Reply 3
Original post by Loz17

its legit since algorithms were created so u can press one button on one end and it changes one on the other computer
Reply 4
Original post by Loz17

yeah you could be a bit skeptical about that but world population is what I doubt, you can get different numbers from sites on the same page on a google search :|
Original post by Cringe
its legit since algorithms were created so u can press one button on one end and it changes one on the other computer

If thats the case, then it could be human error still, and on this scale could be pretty high.

I'm not knowledgeable on algorithms though. I don't see people pressing buttons for each birth, death or car made.

Is it births registered? Deaths registered or what? How can you know how many are dead? Especially with the disaster in Japan at the moment.
Reply 6
Original post by Loz17
If thats the case, then it could be human error still, and on this scale could be pretty high.

I'm not knowledgeable on algorithms though. I don't see people pressing buttons for each birth, death or car made.

Is it births registered? Deaths registered or what? How can you know how many are dead? Especially with the disaster in Japan at the moment.

Surely it's just going by statistics such as birth/death rates.

Or is that too simples 4 u bb
Well obviously they're not going to be accurate, they are just javascript counters that go up by the same amount every second/millisecond/etc... It's impossible to be accurate with that kind of thing. They will just be displaying a common average.
Reply 8
Oh the clock isn't, disease, weather, freak accidents and people are doing that. Also over-exposure to Rebecca Blacks' song is, too
Original post by concubine
Surely it's just going by statistics such as birth/death rates.

Or is that too simples 4 u bb

Maybe. You just never know. There is always going to be an error somewhere.
God I hate being a scientist sometimes :sigh:
any other thoughts peopleee

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending