The Student Room Group

What is wrong with students?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1370053/Anti-cuts-demo-Protesters-occupy-Fortnum--Mason-half-million-march-London.html

If they spent half as much time working as they did bloody protesting, maybe they'd have enough money to pay for their crappy media studies degrees from Thames Valley.

It repulses me the level of self-entitlement these inbreds feel they have. The police should be given shot guns and let lose on these peasants.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Good to see the anarchist movement is building momentum. The government in this country to me seems disgracefully interfering and totalitarian, and they have a strong anti-white agenda.
Reply 2
And you're on a student forum because?
Reply 3
Original post by Lord_Farquad
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1370053/Anti-cuts-demo-Protesters-occupy-Fortnum--Mason-half-million-march-London.html

If they spent half as much time working as they did bloody protesting, maybe they'd have enough money to pay for their crappy media studies degrees from Thames Valley.

It repulses me the level of self-entitlement these inbreds feel they have. The police should be given shot guns and let lose on these peasants

Woah, that was close. You almost over-reacted there for a second.
ultimate troll. 0.5/10
Reply 5
Anarchists =/= protests
This has got to be a troll. Why the heck would you have a rant about this on a student forum unless you were just looking to get a reaction? :rolleyes:
Reply 7
Original post by Selkarn

Original post by Selkarn
Good to see the anarchist movement is building momentum. The government in this country to me seems disgracefully interfering and totalitarian, and they have a strong anti-white agenda.

Lol. 1000 or so people is representative of 60 million is it?

Righto.
Reply 8
why the **** don't they leave their backpacks at home
Reply 9
This is disgraceful!

Original post by SteveCrain
why the **** don't they leave their backpacks at home

lol'd
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 10
What kind of repulses me most is the way students get into a huge debt in order to study at uni, and then pay higher taxes when they get better jobs.
We took on the financial risk of huge debt, we worked harder and we have to give back most of our reward to those who didn't go into further education.
What right do you have to complain?

To people complaining about ungrateful students: You don't deserve the pension which my higher taxes will have paid for.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 11
These made me laugh so much.

Reply 12
Original post by Ocassus
Lol. 1000 or so people is representative of 60 million is it?

Righto.

What you say doesn't make sense. Get some intelligence :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by fibrebiz
What kind of repulses me most is the way students get into a huge debt in order to study at uni, and then pay higher taxes when they get better jobs.
We took on the financial risk of huge debt, we worked harder and we have to give back most of our reward to those who didn't go into further education.
What right do you have to complain?

To people complaining about ungrateful students: You don't deserve the pension which my higher taxes will have paid for.

but, they do get to study at uni right?
Reply 14
Original post by Selkarn

Original post by Selkarn
What you say doesn't make sense. Get some intelligence :smile:

O.o

You what?

The Anarchist movement hasn't gained momentum, contrary to your statement. They are a minority, which links with my statement.

:???:
Reply 15
If Miliband were in power he'd be doing the same thing as the coalition. Albeit to a lesser extent (he claims), but still he'd be doing the same and those very same people would be pissed off at him. How can he take a stage and preach to them? And why do they listen?
Reply 16
Original post by Ocassus
O.o

You what?

The Anarchist movement hasn't gained momentum, contrary to your statement. They are a minority, which links with my statement.

:???:

In a country of 12128949121233459324 people, If a movement has 10 people, and then it has 20 people, then it has gained momentum. Gaining momentum has nothing to do with being in a minority, just an increase in numbers, however small they may be..
Reply 17
Original post by Selkarn

Original post by Selkarn
In a country of 12128949121233459324 people, If a movement has 10 people, and then it has 20 people, then it has gained momentum. Gaining momentum has nothing to do with being in a minority, just an increase in numbers, however small they may be..

But there is no discernable evidence that the anarchist movement has grown since the last protest? For all we know it could have shrunk?

There are tonnes of fallacious implications from your claim that the movement has grown....
Reply 18
Original post by Ocassus
But there is no discernable evidence that the anarchist movement has grown since the last protest? For all we know it could have shrunk?

There are tonnes of fallacious implications from your claim that the movement has grown....

True, I can't back up the fact that I believe the anarchist movement has grown with any hard numbers. After all, there isn't exactly an "anarchist register" or anything. However, in my personal experience, and I believe many others would say the same thing - the anarchist movement is gaining momentum as people tire of this government and the problems with state societies.
Reply 19
Original post by Selkarn

Original post by Selkarn
True, I can't back up the fact that I believe the anarchist movement has grown with any hard numbers. After all, there isn't exactly an "anarchist register" or anything. However, in my personal experience, and I believe many others would say the same thing - the anarchist movement is gaining momentum as people tire of this government and the problems with state societies.

That does not make them Anarchists though? People being tired of this government and being tired of societies with a state in general are two vastly different things.
The former being a group much larger than the latter, as most people would agree that a state is needed to maintain the monopoly on coercion and to act as an arbiter for 'justice'.
Anarchism has never been acknowledged in British politics [partially because of the nature of their own Ideology], and not many people are educated enough on the structure of an Anarchist society to know how it would work.

[Not to mention there is the obvious stereotype that most Anarchists are just rebelling for the sake of rebelling].

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending