The Student Room Group

Student finance help

Ive been asked to 'prove you'll be on a placement during the academic year' on my student finance so im a bit unsure on what to upload.
This is what they say i can upload as evidence - 'Confirmation of placement from university or college'
Original post by Lemon 24
Ive been asked to 'prove you'll be on a placement during the academic year' on my student finance so im a bit unsure on what to upload.
This is what they say i can upload as evidence - 'Confirmation of placement from university or college'

Hi there,

Can you confirm if the placement is an integral part of your course? Is the placement paid or unpaid?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,

Can you confirm if the placement is an integral part of your course? Is the placement paid or unpaid?

Thanks,
Claire

It's unpaid and I think there's 50 weeks of placement across the 3 years of uni
It's unpaid and I think there's 50 weeks of placement across the 3 years of uni

Hi there, We can accept a letter from your university confirming your unpaid placement. Thanks, Angela
Reply 4
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, We can accept a letter from your university confirming your unpaid placement. Thanks, Angela

I don't have a letter like that but I have a offer email letter. Would that be OK?
Reply 5
Hi im a bit stuck on my student finance as they asked to upload 'Confirmation of placement from university or college'. But i dont have this confirmation and i am appling for the 1st year of uni. Have I done something wrong with my application?
Hi im a bit stuck on my student finance as they asked to upload 'Confirmation of placement from university or college'. But i dont have this confirmation and i am appling for the 1st year of uni. Have I done something wrong with my application?

Placement years don't generally start until year 3 of the course. I would advise to speak with your university to clarify this with them. If you need to amend your application you can do so. You can find out how to change this here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/student-finance-england-how-to-guide

Thanks, Karen
Reply 7
Original post by SFE Karen
Placement years don't generally start until year 3 of the course. I would advise to speak with your university to clarify this with them. If you need to amend your application you can do so. You can find out how to change this here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/student-finance-england-how-to-guide

Thanks, Karen

For my course in the first yr theres 10 weeks of placement. 2nd year 15weeks and 3rd yr 25 weeks. So im a bit unsure of what i should do now or if i =did smth wrong
For my course in the first yr theres 10 weeks of placement. 2nd year 15weeks and 3rd yr 25 weeks. So im a bit unsure of what i should do now or if i =did smth wrong

What university and course have you applied for? Thanks, Karen
Reply 9
Original post by SFE Karen
What university and course have you applied for? Thanks, Karen

Cardiac physiology at university of Southampton
Cardiac physiology at university of Southampton

This course would generally be classed as being at university as the placement is an integral part of your course. I would advise to check this with your university. If you need to amend your application you can do this on your online account. You can find out how to change this here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/student-finance-england-how-to-guide

Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending