The Student Room Group

Wrong income given

I’ve given wrong income information after year ended. Now I realised and want to amend it. I cannot do it on my account as it’s received. If I upload the correct income how is this going to affect me?, apart from that I ‘ll loose childcare and other grants?
Reply 1
I’ve given wrong income information after year ended. Now I realised and want to amend it. I cannot do it on my account as it’s received. If I upload the correct income how is this going to affect me?, apart from that I ‘ll loose childcare and other grants?
Original post by TaniB

Hi there, What information has been provided incorrectly? Thanks, Angela
Reply 3
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, What information has been provided incorrectly? Thanks, Angela

I’ve missed one P60, my income is higher , than provided
Original post by TaniB
I’ve missed one P60, my income is higher , than provided

Hi there, Are you the student pr a sponsor? Thanks, Angela
Reply 5
Hi there, Are you the student pr a sponsor? Thanks, Angela

I am the student . My sponsor’s income was submitted incorrectly, missing one P60
Original post by TaniB
I am the student . My sponsor’s income was submitted incorrectly, missing one P60

Hi there, In order to correct the income details the sponsor would need to complete the form again and provide the evidence of the P60. Thanks, Angela
Reply 7
Is student fnance going to chase the sponsor , asking why he submitted wrong( just an error) ? Obviously I would need to give money back.
Original post by TaniB
Is student fnance going to chase the sponsor , asking why he submitted wrong( just an error) ? Obviously I would need to give money back.

Hi there, We verify income with HMRC, if the notified us of the income being incorrect this can affect your funding. Thanks, Angela
Reply 9
Hi there, We verify income with HMRC, if the notified us of the income being incorrect this can affect your funding. Thanks, Angela

How can affect? Give money back? Or there’s something more?
Original post by TaniB
How can affect? Give money back? Or there’s something more?

Hi there, this may generate an overpayment of funding where the funding would need to be repaid straight away. Thanks, Angela
Reply 11
I submitted the incorrect form 2 months ago and not received anything from student finance to repay. yesterday I submitted the correct one.Will they pick it up and process?I am sure I would need to repay as the income is around £27000.00. It’s my last year , already finished and I received all my finance and grants .
Original post by TaniB
I submitted the incorrect form 2 months ago and not received anything from student finance to repay. yesterday I submitted the correct one.Will they pick it up and process?I am sure I would need to repay as the income is around £27000.00. It’s my last year , already finished and I received all my finance and grants .

Hi there, The correct income form will be processed in around 6 weeks, if we have overpaid you the collections team will contact you direct to discuss repayment of any overpayment. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending