The Student Room Group

Accredited Medical Schools for Australia and America ***

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by ryan118244
Ive recieved offers from Manchester and Peninsula, I know that Manchester is accredited worldwide for its medical programme but is Peninsula Medical School????

Ive tried finding it but I cant find anywhere that lists the accredited UK med schools for working abroud in America or Australia .......

IMED
Reply 2
Thank you! I was just on that site as well haha

So because peninsula is on this site does that mean it's accredited by America??

What do you mean? :s-smilie:
Reply 3
Original post by digitalis

Thanks for the link
Reply 4
No British medical degree allows you to work in the US, all of them allow you to work in Aus.
Reply 5
You could call the university? I'm sure they'd know where their degree is valid.
Reply 6
If it's on IMEDs list then it is accredited.
no UK degree will allow you to simply waltz into the US to practise medicine....

you still have to do the USMLE....which is bloody hard....and even if you own it (which you have to), chances aren't great
I went to the open day yesterday and asked and they didn't really know, they just went on about the USMLE.

Kk thanks.

Amazingly I actually knew that :wink:
I've done a fair bit of research into the USMLE, I know it's not easy but I want the opportunity to be able to apply to America if I still want to and if I feel capable to. Which is why I wanted to know whether PCMD is accredited, which it is :smile:

Thanks everyone for your help.

i'd be more concerned that even if you absolutely destroy the USMLE (which is unlikely as US schools are used to preparing their students for it and the syllabus has different focuses to most uk schools) you still end up getting last pick of the worst jobs as a reward for being an IMG

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending