The Student Room Group

New Vision University 2022

Hello :smile: I am planning on applying to nvu anyone studying at the university might want to let me know how are things there? also, is anyone else considering applying there wanna be friends? also, I want to go for rotations in the UK if I can afford it when the time comes I'm not from the UK but wanna work there as a doctor after my medicine course Plab is difficult but I'm stubborn

Scroll to see replies

also, can I skip sme and apply on my own or should I use their services how was your experience or other medical schools I can consider?
Original post by Rayyan Saboor
also, can I skip sme and apply on my own or should I use their services how was your experience or other medical schools I can consider?

i would recommend using sme as they will help secure a place for you
Original post by Rayyan Saboor
Hello :smile: I am planning on applying to nvu anyone studying at the university might want to let me know how are things there? also, is anyone else considering applying there wanna be friends? also, I want to go for rotations in the UK if I can afford it when the time comes I'm not from the UK but wanna work there as a doctor after my medicine course Plab is difficult but I'm stubborn

im not studying there but i have heard some good things about it
graduate entry students has to do 6years six years programme to take plab.Can they take plab once they finish 5years. That is before the start of internship. Has anyone from newvision has started working in NHS
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
graduate entry students has to do 6years six years programme to take plab.Can they take plab once they finish 5years. That is before the start of internship. Has anyone from newvision has started working in NHS

All rotations are intergrated in the 6 years degree, so must be completed in order to be awarded the degree. It was possible before to complete the degree in 5 years but the Georgian government stopped it in 2020. I am not aware of any graduate from NVU working in the NHS. I will be relief if there are any but I haven't asked around.
I just saw new vision university in GMC not acceptable list. It also says gmc may aaccept after 6years of study
I just saw new vision university in GMC not acceptable list. It also says gmc may aaccept after 6years of study

https://www.gmc-uk.org/registration-...-do-not-accept
Reply 9

True, but GMC, is not the end of the world for me. I am aiming for the USMLE, the degree is 100% ECFMG Certified. Some students are from Australia, Canada and even Republic of Ireland. So it is up to each individual.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Teedy
True, but GMC, is not the end of the world for me. I am aiming for the USMLE, the degree is 100% ECFMG Certified. Some students are from Australia, Canada and even Republic of Ireland. So it is up to each individual.
. I would like to know whether there is any official link to valarify

So new vision univetsity students are able to take USMLE Australia Canada Ireland qualifiing exams That is really nice to hear. Thank you
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 11
Original post by Lexy jay
. I would like to know whether there is any official link to valarify

So new vision univetsity students are able to take USMLE Australia Canada Ireland qualifiing exams That is really nice to hear. Thank you

https://wfme.org/recognition/accrediting-agencies-status/
Reply 13
A graduate from nvu has recently been granted registration with gmc.
Original post by Kschu
A graduate from nvu has recently been granted registration with is

Is the registration after getting through Plab..
Reply 15
Is the registration after getting through Plab..

yh, IMGs need to sit plab to be granted registration.
Original post by Kschu
yh, IMGs need to sit plab to be granted registration.

Thank you
Hi, do you have evidence of this by any chance? Or know of the person who managed to have their degree accepted by the GMC? Thank you
Is anyone from 2021 or 2022 got registration with gmc. I check with gmc they said they may accept it only after 6years of study
Reply 19
The person who was recently granted registration with gmc graduated in 2020. Gmc doesn’t accept degree that are completed in less than 6 years.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending