The Student Room Group

What REALLY happened in Trafalgar square

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mangoh

Original post by mangoh
-rep don't insult our country like that pls.

WTF are you talking about?

Well the answer to that is they wanted to terrorise the peaceful UK uncut organisation because they had a novel and effective way of protest capable of receiving widespread public support. They let the thugs go because they are useful to the government because every time they smash stuff up they know the media, and therefore the public, will tar them all with the same brush.
Reply 123

Because the Police are trying to identify those who had face's covered and such. The worst offenders the people attacking buildings will be harder to track down. Hours of film need to be looked through to try and Id people.

The arrest count will rise over the coming months.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zii2qzGbaM

I struggle to understand the logic of someone who does not believe that some wrongs have occured in respect of certain protesters, so long as they are fully aware of the facts of the whole situation. Irrespective of the reasons and merits of the protests, to me it is clear that authorities have abused their position with regard to its regulation.

But then some people who do not agree with the protests will be blind to the truths. Many wrongs and inconsistencies occured at previous protests too. The police tried to do better this time round, but I am afraid they must try harder.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by garethDT
Cos we all know that hen parties are completely responsible social gatherings which never lead to any violence or disorder of any kind.

Yeah I've heard Fortnum & Mason's hen parties really get out of hand... :rolleyes:

Not everyone is a chav you know.
Original post by simon12345

I struggle to understand the logic of someone who does not believe that some wrongs have occured in respect of certain protesters, so long as they are fully aware of the facts of the whole situation. Irrespective of the reasons and merits of the protests, to me it is clear that authorities have abused their position with regard to its regulation.

But then some people who do not agree with the protests will be blind to the truths. Many wrongs and inconsistencies occured at previous protests too. The police tried to do better this time round, but I am afraid they must try harder.

I can't watch youtube at work, what "wrongs" are you talking about?
Original post by Hanvyj
I agree. How on earth is this a police state? Its a simple thing, if you break the law in public in front of police you are going to get arrested. That is just the damn police doing their job!

I agree that some tactics are a little unorthodox, and may not help the situation. But they are trying to stop the kind of yobs that go to any political rally just to be violent with the relative saftey of numbers.

Alot of people have a very distorted view of the police. Yes, some people join for the wrong reasons and do stupid things every now and again but the majority are good honest people. If they wern't there things would be a lot worse. Plus their job is pretty tough, chances are you will get sued by someone who tried to kill you.

To be fair, I have since heard from people at the rallies that some of the police tactics were pretty bad. But even saying that, I would prefer receive a cheeky jab from some cocky and prickish policeman then being water cannoned or shot at with tear gas, rubber bullets or even the real thing!

But yeah, talk of a police state is ridiculous and yeah I totally agree. People just try and big up the situation that they are in with all this talk of oppression and **** and it is kind of cringey, especially with what is happening around the world at the moment.
Reply 128
Well the answer to that is they wanted to terrorise the peaceful UK uncut organisation because they had a novel and effective way of protest capable of receiving widespread public support. They let the thugs go because they are useful to the government because every time they smash stuff up they know the media, and therefore the public, will tar them all with the same brush.

You sir, are stupid!

Sorry, I know I should say that what with your right to belive whatever the f you want, but in all honesty I have to draw the conclusion that you are very stupid. Or possibly severly delusional.
Original post by Hanvyj
You sir, are stupid!

Sorry, I know I should say that what with your right to belive whatever the f you want, but in all honesty I have to draw the conclusion that you are very stupid. Or possibly severly delusional.

I spend a lot of time researching these things, I can assure that I am more know what I'm talking about.
Reply 130
I am more know what I'm talking about.

You spend a lot of time researching these things from people who are also stupid.
Reply 131
Original post by simon12345

Problem is is that is such a difficult balance to get right. If you have a large group and a few in that group are attacking you its hard to distinguish who is actually violent and who is not.

TThen on top of that its hardly easy being a cop. My mum was in London that day doing something else and saw people spitting swearing in some cases trying to provoke Police.The you get the odd dickhead in the Police who goes way to far.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending