The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Actually starting to give up hope now =( .
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by Lestrange

Original post by Lestrange
Actually starting to give up hope now =( .

Me too. Had this hope they'd actually make their decisions by the end of March, but still nothing. They've had my application for 5 months now. How hard can it be?
Still waiting for Philosophy. :frown:
Original post by KayteeKaytee
Me too. Had this hope they'd actually make their decisions by the end of March, but still nothing. They've had my application for 5 months now. How hard can it be?

I sent them an e-mail the other week asking about when I might know and they said that to comply with UCAS deadlines, they would let me know by 31st March. Really not happy about this waiting...
Spoke too soon. Rejected. Not too upset. They weren't my first choice and I got seriously fed up with them after 5 months.
Original post by Vitamin Crack
Still waiting for Philosophy. :frown:

ME TOO!
So glad I'm not the only one!

FML, checked 30 seconds after I posted this...... rejection!
(edited 13 years ago)
Heh I spoke too soon, just got an unsuccessful a few minutes ago. Kinda gutting but oh well, they were only ever going to be my insurance anyway.
Heh I spoke too soon, just got an unsuccessful a few minutes ago. Kinda gutting but oh well, they were only ever going to be my insurance anyway.

HI5. except the insurance bit.
:redface:
If I've not heard by Tuesday, do you think it would be reasonable to phone? They said they'd get back to me by yesterday...
Reply 1829
Spoke too soon. Rejected. Not too upset. They weren't my first choice and I got seriously fed up with them after 5 months.

Original post by Forever a Gnome
ME TOO!
So glad I'm not the only one!

FML, checked 30 seconds after I posted this...... rejection!

It seems like they've been giving out a lot of rejections... Me included. :frown:
Reply 1830

Same, but I'm gutted, I wish they'd interviewed and got back quicker. Where do you want to go?? I can't believe they waited till the last possible day. I really don't know what I'm going to do.
Reply 1831
Original post by Phil1541
Friend of mine got rejected for geography today... pretty gutted for them as they were the best geography student I knew and really showed passion for the subject... pity they don't interview to be honest :/

Same, I know they have a lot of applicants but it would be much fairer. Did you apply for geography as well?
Reply 1832
I'm so sorry to everyone getting rejections :frown:
Reply 1833
anyone for maths?
I'm slightly confused over why they waited so long...only to reject a whole bunch of people. I know they did a batch of rejections for my course (Philosophy) back before December. I don't think it has to do with when we applied either, since I applied way back in October and some people I know who were rejected in Dec, applied only a few weeks before they were rejected. How strange.
Original post by Rapunzel

Same, but I'm gutted, I wish they'd interviewed and got back quicker. Where do you want to go?? I can't believe they waited till the last possible day. I really don't know what I'm going to do.

I'm more annoyed than anything. I just think they're incompetent.

My firm choice was always going to be Durham. They responded within 3 weeks last November. I stayed over in my college there for the open day and loved it. Just need to get those three A's now!

I can't help feeling that even some of the people Bristol offer places to at this late stage have already got fed up and have decided to go somewhere else. I don't know how it can work in their favour, treating people so badly. I'm sure they must lose some really good candidates but I get the impression they don't care.

What are your other options? x
Same, I know they have a lot of applicants but it would be much fairer. Did you apply for geography as well?

Nah I applied for Physics which seems ALOT less competitive compared to what you guys are applying for !

What did you apply for? I can't believe they waited this long just to reject a ton of people, I was annoyed with durham for waiting until the 7th march to reject me but waiting until April to be rejected from what could be you first choice must be soul destroying ....

So sorry to hear about everyones rejections, I will make sure I give the english/philosphy/geography departments evils when i turn up in october !

Nah I applied for Physics which seems ALOT less competitive compared to what you guys are applying for !

What did you apply for? I can't believe they waited this long just to reject a ton of people, I was annoyed with durham for waiting until the 7th march to reject me but waiting until April to be rejected from what could be you first choice must be soul destroying ....

So sorry to hear about everyones rejections, I will make sure I give the english/philosphy/geography departments evils when i turn up in october !

I don't even think that Geography is THAT over subscribed at Bristol I was told 17:1 which is a lot better than the 47:1 I heard for subjects like economics. They're rated 2nd for Geography, above Oxford, which makes them think they can treat people any way they like.

I am so sorry for everyone who really wanted to go there and got rejected. Probably doesn't seem like it now, but I'm sure you'll be happy wherever you go x
Reply 1838
I'm more annoyed than anything. I just think they're incompetent.

My firm choice was always going to be Durham. They responded within 3 weeks last November. I stayed over in my college there for the open day and loved it. Just need to get those three A's now!

I can't help feeling that even some of the people Bristol offer places to at this late stage have already got fed up and have decided to go somewhere else. I don't know how it can work in their favour, treating people so badly. I'm sure they must lose some really good candidates but I get the impression they don't care.

What are your other options? x

I think you may have a point there, what gets me is that they haven't even sent an email with it (or at least not to me), I don't know if it's a question of not caring but they should really think about what this waiting does to people...

Congratulations, Durham is lovely! What college? Good luck with your exams then, my friends who got in loved it too.:smile:

Well, I have two offers - Exeter and Birmingham - I appreciate they are both very good universities but I just don't know if I want to go there (that sounds bad:frown:). It's just that I loved Bristol's course and those of my other choices. Ah well:s-smilie:
Reply 1839

Wow, physics? That sounds interesting/intense :p:eek:frown:<--intense hehe).

I applied for geography too, same although I can understand why... up to a point - if they're so oversubscribed I guess they have to give out offers very carefully so that they get the right numbers. I'm sorry about Durham and yes it was :s-smilie: well, I had three first choices and this was the one I was relying on after the other two rejected me as well. I'm sorry to hear about your friend getting rejected by the way-I don't think I said this before.

Haha, yay - they should feel the burn of your glare :tongue: and well done for getting in :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending