The Student Room Group

Do you have to memories all of the qualitative analysis

Hey I have been doing some past papers and i was caught off gaurd by a few questions, so i decided to memorise some general equations, solubilities ect, i wanted to know if i will need to memorise all of the qualitative analysis, fortunately for me I have them condensed into about 7 pages worth of detail, so do i need to memorise these also?
Have a look at your syllabus, it tells you in there what you need to know.....for OCR, if I remember correctly it told us what we needed to know etc!
Reply 2
Original post by Core
Hey I have been doing some past papers and i was caught off gaurd by a few questions, so i decided to memorise some general equations, solubilities ect, i wanted to know if i will need to memorise all of the qualitative analysis, fortunately for me I have them condensed into about 7 pages worth of detail, so do i need to memorise these also?

knowing what sort of compounds are soluble(ie solubility rules) help when you need to construct ionic equations or even having to write state symbols for normal chemical equations of a reaction.

as for qualitative analysis, if you have done this hands-on in labs, you should be aware of all the observations and colour changes easily. experiments always stay in mind better than having to memorise details after another.
Reply 3
Unit 2 ?????
Reply 4
Original post by canI?
Unit 2 ?????

Everything. No i haven't had hands on.

Quick Reply

Latest