The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool Accommodation Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
I hope its soon but I'm doubtful. I was searching room offers threads to try work out when people received them but I could only find threads/posts from May onwards for actual room offers, so I'm guessing we don't find out until then? :s
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Ahh ok, thanks :smile: I dot know really :s I just liked the room better :smile: was convinced I wanted an en-suite but I didn't really like the rooms with them so.... I also liked the fact it had a balcony and a little kitchen and stuff :smile:
Reply 122
Original post by TheKnowledge
Haha, exact same here!! See you at Prospect Point hopefully!!:biggrin:

yes hopefully! :biggrin: en suite that swayed you aswell? :P
Original post by EMC06
yes hopefully! :biggrin: en suite that swayed you aswell? :P

Haha yeah, ensuite ftw! Also, its nice and close to the med school :P and the rooms just look great!
Reply 124
Original post by TheKnowledge
Haha yeah, ensuite ftw! Also, its nice and close to the med school :P and the rooms just look great!

ooer, med student! i'm maths :wink: but yes, definitely the best option i think!
Reply 125
hey everyone, I've just received an offer from liverpool for dentistry. all the off campus accommodation is like an hour walk from the dental school which is too far away, and getting a bus everyday would be a faff. Prospect point is very close but it also seems popular and i think the chances of me getting a place there would be slim. Any ideas where I could apply?
There is other on campus accommodation, but Prospect is definitely closest to the Dentistry school.

As a general point to everyone, if you are looking for a good time, it's best to go off campus to Greenbank or Carnatic, well that's the feeling I got yesterday.
I think off campus would DEFIANTLY give you that student feel and they will be the main halls of residence however I'm lazy and will probably miss the bus all the time. How long does the bus take to get to uni and does it drop you off outside? I've yet to see them!
Reply 128
Original post by sophiekatina
I think off campus would DEFIANTLY give you that student feel and they will be the main halls of residence however I'm lazy and will probably miss the bus all the time. How long does the bus take to get to uni and does it drop you off outside? I've yet to see them!

The bus takes about 20 mins to get from Greenbank to the University, and it drops you off at Abercromby Square (which is at the Southern end of the Central (Science) campus).

They run term time only, from about 0730 to just after midnight (running into town evenings and weekends).

To be honest, even if it seems a bit of a faff, the Uni halls have a much nicer atmosphere, and are very green (even if they look a bit old fashioned). My biggest regret was not living in the main halls during first year.
Original post by DMed
The bus takes about 20 mins to get from Greenbank to the University, and it drops you off at Abercromby Square (which is at the Southern end of the Central (Science) campus).

They run term time only, from about 0730 to just after midnight (running into town evenings and weekends).

To be honest, even if it seems a bit of a faff, the Uni halls have a much nicer atmosphere, and are very green (even if they look a bit old fashioned). My biggest regret was not living in the main halls during first year.

Thank you, I have just done a bit of research and I think I'm just going to go with these main halls and off-campus means that I can get a break from the hustle and bustle of the city :smile: I don't want to miss out on anything lol. It just means I'll have to wake up earlier for 9am lectures, grrr haha!
Reply 130
Original post by Jack McGill
There is other on campus accommodation, but Prospect is definitely closest to the Dentistry school.

As a general point to everyone, if you are looking for a good time, it's best to go off campus to Greenbank or Carnatic, well that's the feeling I got yesterday.

I thought you were all set for Prospect Point, Did the accommodation open day make you change your mind?
Original post by cjcw20
I thought you were all set for Prospect Point, Did the accommodation open day make you change your mind?

Yeah I was, it did tbh I mean I can see the obvious advantages, location, niceness etc but all the students heavily recommended off campus accommodation. If you are doing Medicine Dentistry etc then Prospect point is probably best but if you are doing a course that doesn't require high amounts of contact time and study then being off Campus is far more social and would be better for nights out.
Reply 132
Anyone know about buses from Marybone to the uni. In particularly the politics bit if it makes any difference
Reply 133
Yeah I was, it did tbh I mean I can see the obvious advantages, location, niceness etc but all the students heavily recommended off campus accommodation. If you are doing Medicine Dentistry etc then Prospect point is probably best but if you are doing a course that doesn't require high amounts of contact time and study then being off Campus is far more social and would be better for nights out.

Im really happy you said this actually cause I was beginning to regret going to Marybone when I saw everyone was going to Prospect Point
Hey guys.

I'm a Gap year student and have Liv as my Unconditional Firm- just applied for accomm a couple days ago.
I opted for: 1. D&R en-suite s/c
2. D&R s/c
3. Roscoe & Gladstone (even though I'd MUCH prefer s/c)

I know I definately want off campus and self-catered and have decided I'm not too bothered about the en-suite. Out of my choices, anyone have any idea what's the best for the social/meeting people aspect?

I was away at the time so couldn't make the accomm open day so basically I'm picking based on only my mum's opinion (she went to the open day in my place- good ol' mum) and having looked at the website! :smile:
Original post by ItsRach
is anybody here on a gap year?

YAH!
Now I'm really confused. Accepted liverpool as my first choice (conditional) to study adult nursing in september. Like the idea of being on campus but i really want the full uni experience, meet lots of people and have a good time too. Want self catered en suite which restricts my choice a bit but wouldn't mind not having en suite i guess... It just seems like everyone is applying for prospect point, there's not that many rooms there lol.

Anyone else studying nursing?
Reply 137
I am also doing Adult Nursing. I have applied for two at Greenbank and Prospect Point.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by jlet
I am also doing Adult Nursing. I have applied for two at Greenbank and Prospect Point.

Yay! Have you gone for catered or self catered?
Reply 139

I suppose both have their advantages, its just whatever is more important for you. Having already spent a year at uni before, and being 25 mins away on a bus (I lived at home), I dont think I ever made it to a 9am lecture lol So living out at off campus accommodation would just never work for me... proximity is the main priority for me.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending