The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Glee Society... No Future Spoilers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by diamonddust
Uh... guys? You know how I said I really disliked Lea's voice in Spring Awakening? I just had another listen after about a year or so and I have to say, I might take that back! I much prefer her voice in SA to Glee... it's more classical sounding and less forced and annoying. :blush: Well, at least it's more classical sounding and less forced and annoying in Mamma Who Bore Me... haven't got to the rest yet! :tongue:

Edit: Just realised Jonathan Groff (Jesse) was in SA with Lea! Playing opposite her as romantic lead...
Why didn't I realise?? That's really cool!

Edit edit: Ohmigosh, is it really 9 days until New!Glee! :woo:

Edit edit edit: Darren Criss would be an amazing Melchior in Spring Awakening. That show seriously has the worst lyrics ever... I'm listening to Totally f*cked right now and... *shakes head* wow.

I know this is getting annoying but I can't get Glee doing Into the Woods out of my head! I have an actual mental castlist and everything!Please don't judge me.... :tongue: This will only make sense if you're familiar with the musical but:

Spoiler

Yeah... not that anyone cares but I thought I'd share. And watch Into the Woods! One of the best musicals I know of!

You didn't know they were in Spring Awakening together? :facepalm: When I first found out I immediately went to youtube to find their performances, the first one I hit on was a sex scene. I seem to have a talent for finding them :s-smilie: I flaming love Jonathan Groff, they have amazing chemistry (have you seen the video of them singing Lucky (I'm in love with my best friend) together? Plus the Tony awards where Lea is singing and goes and sits on his knee.

Here it is for people who haven't seen it

I think we deserve a reward for making it to this point in the hiatus still intact

More over the top, self affirming congratulations songs to come on the actual day of NON. I'm the kind of person who enjoys singing dramatic songs when I manage to do something (again, more and more like Rachel every day :s-smilie:)

I'm going to watch all the videos you've posted (great way to pass more hiatus time :woo:) but I like you put Kurt as the narrator. I always got the part of narrator, it was fun (I'm aware I probably only got that part because a) I couldn't act well enough to play a character or b) I was the only kid boring enough to stand still during a whole play and read).

You really were on a posting spree last night lol. I thought I was bad on twitter. I thought I'd got over my obsession with Darren Criss songs as I hadn't listened to/watched videos of them for a good few days then last night Part of Your World popped up on tumblr and I listened to it 3 times then went to youtube to watch the video :facepalm: then I had to watch Dress and Tie because it's the perfect sunny weather video.

They just posted this on the glee forum, which I haven't seen (Chris, 1st season, video diary, looking stupidly young http://salazax.tumblr.com/post/1069044396/glee-season-1-video-diary-chris-colfer )
(edited 13 years ago)
Nothing to do with Glee but I have a musical recommendation! Next to Normal= amazing. I'm in awe of Alice Ripley- the mother and the girl who plays the teenage daughter Natalie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r10uWdAIAX0&feature=related

I'm going to have to add Natalie to the list of parts I need to play in my lifetime, though tbh, I'm a little bit like her with the crazy neurotic...ness and overworking. Think e hine e will find some similarities... *cough* instruments *cough* :tongue:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSwIBSJsTMs&feature=related

/shamefully OT

I think Kurt should sing Superboy and the Invisible Girl... he'd be amazing!

I have no idea what the date is but I need it to be Night of Neglect day now!

Any musical with a character called Natalie in is bound to be amazing :biggrin:
For Lea fans...

http://www.broadwayabridged.com/scripts/springawakening.html

*dies with LOL*

This is a parody of the show.

I particularly liked:

Enter Lea Michele, to find out whether this was worth her giving up Eponine in Les Miserables.

LEA MICHELE
(after singing a lullaby about nothing in particular)
Oh mother... where do babies come from?

The Les Mis one made me laugh because it reminded me of Glee diva offs..

They sing at the same time a lot.

THIS is how MEN fight in a MUSICAL! :rofl:

*goes to sleep*

OMG (I swear I didn't use to say that before this thread) that was hilarious :rofl: 'actor who plays every adult male' and the bit about Harry Potter getting naked freaking everyone out :rofl: I think we're allowed to go slightly off topic during such a long hiatus-this thread should be renamed 'the world from a mainly Glee perspective with a few other things shoved in when Ryan Murphy's too busy to write us new episodes'.
Shall I bring the topic back to Glee for a moment?

On that facebook roleplay that was posted on here probably quite a few pages ago...

Spoiler

Oh dear, I've just become a "Junior Member" on TSR (mainly thanks to posting on here) and all I could think of was "Junior Member Blaine Anderson" :rolleyes:
Original post by shinobi93
Shall I bring the topic back to Glee for a moment?

On that facebook roleplay that was posted on here probably quite a few pages ago...

Spoiler

I was following that last night-when Kurt was having problems with his nerves. It's too funny :biggrin: Don't feel guilty, it's the main thing on my news feed lol

Oh dear, I've just become a "Junior Member" on TSR (mainly thanks to posting on here) and all I could think of was "Junior Member Blaine Anderson" :rolleyes:

:rofl: the first step is admitting it :console: you have an addiction.
Original post by e hine e
I was following that last night-when Kurt was having problems with his nerves. It's too funny :biggrin: Don't feel guilty, it's the main thing on my news feed lol

:rofl: the first step is admitting it :console: you have an addiction.

It works quite well in filling the hiatus, albeit slowly. Oh, I didn't want to add them as friends, for fear of what my friends would say! I'm an undercover geek for many things :cool:

Okay, I admit it, I have an addiction...now I'll probably be around here a lot. Although I know nothing about musicals, except Sweeney Todd, so the references go right over my head!

It works quite well in filling the hiatus, albeit slowly. Oh, I didn't want to add them as friends, for fear of what my friends would say! I'm an undercover geek for many things :cool:

Okay, I admit it, I have an addiction...now I'll probably be around here a lot. Although I know nothing about musicals, except Sweeney Todd, so the references go right over my head!

I don't know much about Sweeney Todd :rofl: so this should be good. Most of the time I just learn as I go along (I'm on wikipedia and youtube all the time now). Glee did make me watch Rent which was so worthwhile.

I've given up thinking what my friends will say, they probably think I'm past all hope now anyway :s-smilie:
I don't know much about Sweeney Todd :rofl: so this should be good. Most of the time I just learn as I go along (I'm on wikipedia and youtube all the time now). Glee did make me watch Rent which was so worthwhile.

I've given up thinking what my friends will say, they probably think I'm past all hope now anyway :s-smilie:

Glee not only teaches me songs from musicals, but also contemporary songs, as I have a pretty backward musical taste really. And I did read Love Story yesterday, then realise it was the film from BIOTA.

My friends get annoyed enough at how obsessed I am with things like Mad Men, so I have to keep some of my obsessions less obvious. Luckily most of my friends do actually watch Glee (and love Darren Criss) so I can still discuss it with them, just not too obsessively!

Have they done a RENT song? :eek::eek::eek:

Sorry if that was totally unrelated lol
Original post by wtfCharlie

Original post by wtfCharlie
Have they done a RENT song? :eek::eek::eek:

Sorry if that was totally unrelated lol

Yes! Take me or leave me, not unrelated at all. I loved it!!

It was out of context but still pretty good.

not amazing video quality but saves you going through 4od if you don't fancy it :smile:

I fully appreciate the Emma Watson in your sig :biggrin:

Glee not only teaches me songs from musicals, but also contemporary songs, as I have a pretty backward musical taste really. And I did read Love Story yesterday, then realise it was the film from BIOTA.

My friends get annoyed enough at how obsessed I am with things like Mad Men, so I have to keep some of my obsessions less obvious. Luckily most of my friends do actually watch Glee (and love Darren Criss) so I can still discuss it with them, just not too obsessively!

I can sympathise, a lot of songs they've done that people seemed to know I was clueless on.

Spoiler

I only have 1 'real life' friend who is really into Glee, some others like the music but not the show then others are against it for moral reason (don't even ask). Clearly I need to make new friends.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2152
I hope there's a glee club at uni!!! :d

Original post by csea
I hope there's a glee club at uni!!! :d

If there isn't one at mine I think I'll start one. I'll just stand somewhere public on my first day and start singing 'Just a small town girl...' and see who comes running.
Reply 2154
If there isn't one at mine I think I'll start one. I'll just stand somewhere public on my first day and start singing 'Just a small town girl...' and see who comes running.

yesyesyes! Whereabouts are you going? I think imma follow in your footsteps :smile:

Original post by csea
yesyesyes! Whereabouts are you going? I think imma follow in your footsteps :smile:

I'm off to Sheffield, they'd better have some musical theatre societies at least :biggrin:
Reply 2156
I'm off to Sheffield, they'd better have some musical theatre societies at least :biggrin:

ah cool :smile: I'm going to Birmingham (hopefully) so we can start trends! :biggrin:
Reply 2157
Ive been waiting for it to come on the sites to DL, last one I saw was EP 16 I think. Only reason I started watching it was cause a few of my mates watched it, so they kiind of forced me but I quite like it now lol

Anyone meet any of the cast members by any chance lol?
Original post by iRush

Original post by iRush
Ive been waiting for it to come on the sites to DL, last one I saw was EP 16 I think. Only reason I started watching it was cause a few of my mates watched it, so they kiind of forced me but I quite like it now lol

Anyone meet any of the cast members by any chance lol?

Episode 16 was the last available, 17 isn't broadcast until the 19th so you're on track.

I've not but I would love, love, love to meet Chris Colfer (or any of the others but especially him).

Original post by csea
ah cool :smile: I'm going to Birmingham (hopefully) so we can start trends! :biggrin:

We should! I'm always jealous of things like show choir and the performing arts camps they have in the US.

Quick Reply

Latest