The Student Room Group

Are all female biology teachers awful

At Alevel are all female biology teachers awful

Scroll to see replies

Err no?
Original post by im so academic
Err no?

Lies
All 5 of the biology teachers at my school are female, I've only been taught by 3 of them but they are pretty good, so no - they are not all awful.
Depends. I have two. Ones amazing, the other teaches straight from the textbook.
Reply 5
at my school we have 4 teachers, 2 female, 2 male. both males and one female are RUBBISH! one's amazing but pregnant so yaa gonna fail a2 bio :/ generally in my school the female teachers are better than males!
Reply 6
I have 2 teachers - one is fantastic, and female.

I somehow doubt there's a correlation between gender and quality of teaching Biology A-level...
Reply 7
What a stupid question. My biology teacher for AS/A2 was probably the best teacher I had all way through college. So no.
My biology teacher is a woman and she's amazing. The male biology teacher we had before was terrible. He got everything wrong and when people in the class used to comment on it, he used to rant about how the textbooks were wrong.

However, there are only two female biology teachers at my school and I've only been taught by one. The rest are men. So really I'm not a very good judge.
Original post by canthardlywait

no my one female one is excellent!
Original post by .snowflake.
Depends. I have two. Ones amazing, the other teaches straight from the textbook.

I hate teachers who just read the textbook out or read presentations out. It ridiculous because as soon as you complain aswel, who ever you've complained to begins to get so defensive of the teacher. And thats just so immature, why not just consider the student may be right, and look into it.
Reply 11
Mine had spots, picked them and ate them.... well according to one of the scrawlings on the desks anway!!

You obviously haven't seen mine. Double D's baby!
Reply 13
what a ridiculous stereotype...
Reply 14
well mine was
I hate teachers who just read the textbook out or read presentations out. It ridiculous because as soon as you complain aswel, who ever you've complained to begins to get so defensive of the teacher. And thats just so immature, why not just consider the student may be right, and look into it.

Theres literally about 3/4 of a page in the snab textbook about this experiment by some blokes that shows undifferentiated and differentiated cells express different proteins. Took my biology teacher who teaches straight out of the textbook a fortnight to understand it. I got it after about 20mins. Made MUCH more sense after looking up transcription.
all the female ones I've had were hopeless....

that said....some of the male ones were even worse....

maybe its a biology teacher thing?????
Original post by infernalcradle
all the female ones I've had were hopeless....

that said....some of the male ones were even worse....

maybe its a biology teacher thing?????

You might be onto something!!!

Kidding
Reply 18
In hindsight, my (female) biology teacher was pretty good. She took it in good humour that I normally turned up to her lesson anything upto an hour late - apparently she used to have a bet with the rest of the class what time I would turn up! She also forced me to have some extra tuition at lunchtimes and I think she was pleased when I got an A in the GCSE.
haha, i have 2 biology teachers
one is a female who is quite good, has taught me since yr 7-12 but she was off her pace when i was doing triple science biology
she also told us a couple of weeks ago that she was a graduate from cambridge university

my other biology teacher is a male, and he kinda sucks, i have to self-teache the stuff we did in class coz im just like :wtf:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending