The Student Room Group

2023 SQA Grade Prediction

Hi

Everyone are welcomed to post their predicted grades there. I am a nat 5 student and I take six subjects:

Nat 5 Admin
Nat 5 Art and Design
Nat 5 Chemistry
Nat 5 English
Nat 5 Maths
Nat 5 Physics

I also go to Saturday school every week. All my subjects went fine except English, ever since I got a D on my practice prelim I felt so concerned about it that I started putting English on my first priority because I want an A. In my prelim I got AAAABB (B for Art and B for English). I then started to try some past paper for english and tried every way to improve my RUAE. Surprisingly, when it came to my second prelim, I got 73%. I was quite surprised but worried that my grade might fall back from an A to a B. So I did what I can to get an A in my exam because my teacher prediction me an A. After my English exam, I feel like I’m in a borderline between an A and a B so I predicted my grades as AAAAAB but I expect to get AAAAAA hopefully (I feel like if I get a B in English although I worked hard on it, I’d probably lose hope for higher english and feel devastated when my teacher thinks I deserve an A for my huge improvement over the year) . Hope your exams goes well for those who are still preparing for their SQA exams.
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by Axiom123
Hi

Everyone are welcomed to post their predicted grades there. I am a nat 5 student and I take six subjects:

Nat 5 Admin
Nat 5 Art and Design
Nat 5 Chemistry
Nat 5 English
Nat 5 Maths
Nat 5 Physics

I also go to Saturday school every week. All my subjects went fine except English, ever since I got a D on my practice prelim I felt so concerned about it that I started putting English on my first priority because I want an A. In my prelim I got AAAABB (B for Art and B for English). I then started to try some past paper for english and tried every way to improve my RUAE. Surprisingly, when it came to my second prelim, I got 73%. I was quite surprised but worried that my grade might fall back from an A to a B. So I did what I can to get an A in my exam because my teacher prediction me an A. After my English exam, I feel like I’m in a borderline between an A and a B so I predicted my grades as AAAAAB but I expect to get AAAAAA hopefully (I feel like if I get a B in English although I worked hard on it, I’d probably lose hope for higher english and feel devastated when my teacher thinks I deserve an A for my huge improvement over the year) . Hope your exams goes well for those who are still preparing for their SQA exams.

Higher Maths
Higher Physics
Higher Chemistry
Higher Computer Science
Higher Modern Studies

So far my predicted is all A, however, I believe that the physics exam went pretty bad as I ran out of time. My handwriting is also awful so If I get a grumpy marker there goes my Modern Grade.

Good luck and I hope you do well in your exams!
Reply 2
Hi

Nat 5 Admin
Nat 5 Art and Design
Nat 5 Chemistry
Nat 5 English
Nat 5 Maths
Nat 5 Physics

Nat 5 Biology: A
Nat 5 Chemistry: B
Nat 5 English: A
Nat 5 Maths: C
Nat 5 RMPS: A
NPA Psychology: Pass

I was predicted an A for chemistry but I'm not very confident as I didn't do much revision. I was also predicted a D for maths but I have definitely improved since my prelim which I failed. Good luck everyone!
Reply 3
Original post by FrogTesseract
Higher Maths
Higher Physics
Higher Chemistry
Higher Computer Science
Higher Modern Studies

So far my predicted is all A, however, I believe that the physics exam went pretty bad as I ran out of time. My handwriting is also awful so If I get a grumpy marker there goes my Modern Grade.

Good luck and I hope you do well in your exams!

Original post by bunnyhoney
Nat 5 Biology: A
Nat 5 Chemistry: B
Nat 5 English: A
Nat 5 Maths: C
Nat 5 RMPS: A
NPA Psychology: Pass

I was predicted an A for chemistry but I'm not very confident as I didn't do much revision. I was also predicted a D for maths but I have definitely improved since my prelim which I failed. Good luck everyone!

Thanks, good luck to you too and I hope you get the grade you deserve!
Reply 4
Higher Maths A
Higher Physics A
Higher Chem A
Higher Bio A
Higher English A
Higher Geography A
Higher Human Biology A
Higher Maths A/B ??
Higher English A
Higher Chemistry A

I was predicted AAABB but I am pretty sure I got possibly 5 A's or 4 A's and a B. English and geography were literal god sends lol.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 6
Higher Biology B
Higher Chemistry C
Higher Maths A
Higher Modern Studies A

The Chemistry exam went quite bad as I missed out quite a few Questions and I hardly revised.
Good luck everyone!
(edited 10 months ago)
Well I’d love to get AAA, (AH chemistry, physics and maths) but I’ll probably get at least one B or three. But yeah, I’d be so so happy with AAA
Reply 8
Original post by dorkpop2000
Well I’d love to get AAA, (AH chemistry, physics and maths) but I’ll probably get at least one B or three. But yeah, I’d be so so happy with AAA

Bit off topic, but how did much harder did you find your AHs compared with Highers? (I'm taking the same subjects next year).
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 9
Original post by dorkpop2000

How hard and exhausting is advanced highers based on your experience?
Original post by Femaiden
Bit off topic, but how did much harder did you find your AHs compared with Highers? (I'm taking the same subjects next year).

How hard and exhausting is advanced highers based on your experience?

Personally, I found advanced highers very challenging and demanding. The concepts covered in these courses are more difficult to grasp compared to highers, requiring a lot of self-study during free periods and at home. This applies to all the subjects I took. I needed extra support from my teachers because it took me a long time to understand the concepts. However, as the year went on, I became more accustomed to facing challenging topics and was able to understand and conceptualise them faster. This was because I tried different learning methods at the beginning of the year and eventually discovered what worked best for me.

AH are very difficult. Even getting a C in a class test isn't considered bad because the effort required and the marks allocated are different. Sometimes, a whole page of calculations may only be worth 2-3 marks. Advanced highers are no joke. Some people may say that the jump from highers isn't that big, but in reality, the concepts are more challenging and require a very deep understanding to score well, especially for an A grade. However, all universities in Scotland don't require more than a B grade for AH when giving out conditional offers. (not surprised) and most people who do AH in S6 get unconditionals for university anyway because they met the uni’s conditions for highers. Most of these people just give up trying. Some do try because they seek academic validation or just really enjoy their subjects.
Hi

Nat 5 Admin
Nat 5 Art and Design
Nat 5 Chemistry
Nat 5 English
Nat 5 Maths
Nat 5 Physics

AH maths mechanics and physics
and (both crash so hopefully As for them too) H chem and human bio
AAA AA

GL all
Reply 12
nat5 mods: A
nat5 biology: B
nat5 english: B
nat5 history: B
nat5 graphics: C
nat5 maths: big fat ******* fail lol

we didn’t get teacher predictions but these are what i think i got 🥺
Reply 13
This is a cute thread idea. Predicted all As but I don't think I'm going to get them... (Would be ecstatic if I did tho)

Higher Biology - A
Higher Chemistry - A
Higher English - A
Higher Maths - A/B (Ran out of time for Paper 2. Hoping Paper 1 will carry my grade T-T)
Higher Music - A/B (Struggled with the listening paper... hoping my performance boosts the scores)

Good luck everyone!!
(edited 10 months ago)
I done Higher Business, Chemistry, Human Biology and Modern Studies and my honest predictions to not get my hopes up are:
Business H B/C
Chemistry H B
Human Biology H B
Modern Studies H C

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending