The Student Room Group

failed AS exams. URGENT

I've received bad results for my exams having had a C in Biology, an E in Maths and Chemistry and a U in Physics. I plan on dropping Physics but I'm not sure what to do with the rest. I want to retake all three as I would like to go into Biomedical Science for uni, but I fear it may be too much. What should I do? PS, I didn't do well in any of the modules.
Original post by faye.111
I've received bad results for my exams having had a C in Biology, an E in Maths and Chemistry and a U in Physics. I plan on dropping Physics but I'm not sure what to do with the rest. I want to retake all three as I would like to go into Biomedical Science for uni, but I fear it may be too much. What should I do? PS, I didn't do well in any of the modules.

Hi there :hugs:
Might be good to chat to your school/teacher about dropping Physics and retake possibilities.
For biomed, most unis are cool with retake candidates, you just need to think about whether a-levels and biomedicine is definitely something you want to do and will enjoy :smile:

Hi @faye.111

I would recommend you speak to your school/college to see if you can re sit the year? How do you feel about that?

Sera :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Bangor Uni
Hi @faye.111

I would recommend you speak to your school/college to see if you can re sit the year? How do you feel about that?

Sera :smile:

I'm not sure as I have extreme anxiety, so I don't know if I could.
Reply 4
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Hi there :hugs:
Might be good to chat to your school/teacher about dropping Physics and retake possibilities.
For biomed, most unis are cool with retake candidates, you just need to think about whether a-levels and biomedicine is definitely something you want to do and will enjoy :smile:

I enjoy the subjects I took, I just had an awful year due to spiralling mental health, although I'm now not sure what to do.
(edited 8 months ago)
I enjoy the subjects I took, I just had an awful year due to spiralling mental health, although I'm now not sure what to do.

hey there :hugs:
I totally understand, sending you lots of love from TSR HQ :heart:
I would definitely talk it through with them, they will know your circumstances and understand :yy:
Hey friend :hugs:
It sounds like you had a rough year so make sure you are taking care of yourself. Chatting through your options is always a great idea, especially because it reinforces to you that you truly do have options. Take some time to think about what you want, keep your chin up and do what is best for you :heart: -Abi
(edited 8 months ago)
If you take the three exams as A Level instead of AS, you could get into Lancaster uni, as its grade requirements are AAB. Biology, Maths, and Chemistry are a good combination of A Levels so it is fine to drop Physics.

-Kao (Lancaster Maths & Stats Student Ambassador)
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
If you take the three exams as A Level instead of AS, you could get into Lancaster uni, as its grade requirements are AAB. Biology, Maths, and Chemistry are a good combination of A Levels so it is fine to drop Physics.

-Kao (Lancaster Maths & Stats Student Ambassador)

What does this mean?

Quick Reply

Latest