The Student Room Group

Can I do 2 a-levels in year 12 in college

Currently I'm in year 12 and studying bio, psych and sociology at college. I really enjoy psych and sociology, however as the year progresses i'm struggling more and more with biology. its obviously do-able, but I honestly don't see the point in investing so much of my time in it, when I don't want to pursue anything requiring it (I just picked it up as it was one of my best grades at GCSE).
For context, I'm a native speaker in Spanish, and I originally was doing 4 levels however I dropped Spanish in October as the support for languages in my college was AWFUL and the classes were not engaging at all. Recently, i've been really interested in a degree that requires Spanish, and as my mums a Spanish teacher as well, she's preparing me to sit it next summer, (I've already enrolled).
So my question basically is if I'll be allowed to drop biology completely and just do psych and sociology at college, and study Spanish at home. I've already arranged a meeting to discuss this w/college but I just wanted to hear opinions.!
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by casoo
Currently I'm in year 12 and studying bio, psych and sociology at college. I really enjoy psych and sociology, however as the year progresses i'm struggling more and more with biology. its obviously do-able, but I honestly don't see the point in investing so much of my time in it, when I don't want to pursue anything requiring it (I just picked it up as it was one of my best grades at GCSE).
For context, I'm a native speaker in Spanish, and I originally was doing 4 levels however I dropped Spanish as the support for languages in my college was AWFUL and the classes were not engaging at all. Recently, i've been really interested in a degree that requires Spanish, and as my mums a Spanish teacher as well, she's preparing me to sit it next summer, (I've already enrolled).
So my question basically is if I'll be allowed to drop biology completely and just do psych and sociology at college, and study Spanish at home. I've already arranged a meeting to discuss this w/college but I just wanted to hear opinions.!
ooo well I do psychology, sociology and spanish a level (all aqa) so if you have any questions - feel free to ask!!
Original post by casoo
For context, I'm a native speaker in Spanish, and I originally was doing 4 levels however I dropped Spanish in October as the support for languages in my college was AWFUL and the classes were not engaging at all. Recently, i've been really interested in a degree that requires Spanish, and as my mums a Spanish teacher as well, she's preparing me to sit it next summer, (I've already enrolled).
If you end up sitting your Spanish A level then you will have 3 A levels which is all you need so if you can't stand biology then you could theoretically drop it. However I would say that biology is a pretty useful subject to study so I'd keep going simply for the enrichment.

Quick Reply

Latest