The Student Room Group

Cant ****ing revise!!!!!! ****ing scared?

I have been trying for a few days and as i have not done well through out the year i am currently learning the info for the first time. I am studying biology, psychology, and english lit. I am finding concnetration hard and most of all i am not covering the material fast enough. I am going through like half a subsection a day (i am doing aqa for all three) and this is not fast enough. I failed in jan due to bad exam technique and i need to learn the stuff now so i have as much time to spend on questions and papers as possible. I NEED HELP :frown:

EDIT; apologies for the swearing in my thread title. I am just scared and in a bit of a panic, looked at it after and realised lol
calm down log off and get a cup of coffee
plan your work for every hour :smile: trust me it will work
I'm doing the same 3 subjects, and feel exactly the same right now!
Once my english coursework is handed in I plan to start revising, make some sort of timetable (Y)
Reply 4
Original post by Stargazer23
I'm doing the same 3 subjects, and feel exactly the same right now!
Once my english coursework is handed in I plan to start revising, make some sort of timetable (Y)

Yeh, i need AAA :frown:
You carry on procrastinating, you'll regret it on Results Day and know it was your own fault. I'd rather have a good summer knowing I did everything I could to get the grades I needed and enjoy the well-deserved break. If you don't revise, you don't deserve to pass to be honest. Everyone has to do it, you're not anyone special so just pick yourself up and stop being lazy.

/Thread
Reply 6
Make a schedule.
Make time to revise from, say, 10am-1pm, then break until 4pm during which you can go out and chill, then revise for the rest of the evening..or something like that :p:
You'll feel more motivated in no time :smile:
Reply 7
Put some nice, calming music on and go lie on your bed and close your eyes.

You should relax and calm your mind before embarking on revision.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by LifeIsGood
You carry on procrastinating, you'll regret it on Results Day and know it was your own fault. I'd rather have a good summer knowing I did everything I could to get the grades I needed and enjoy the well-deserved break. If you don't revise, you don't deserve to pass to be honest. Everyone has to do it, you're not anyone special so just pick yourself up and stop being lazy.

/Thread

My ultimate fear, hence why I revise!
But it is difficult getting started so I can sympathise.
Original post by diamonddust
My ultimate fear, hence why I revise!
But it is difficult getting started so I can sympathise.

Definitely, but everyone has to do it so you might as well try your best to achieve your goals :smile: It's really worth in the end, you'll be so glad you revised that much to get where you want to be. I think I was a little harsh in my post cuz the guy posts the same problems everyday, if you want something that much, you'd work for it. Three As don't sail your way for a reason [unless you're naturally good at your subject or incredibly lucky]. That's not directed to you DiamondDust btw :smile:
The more you learn now, the more marks you'll get in the exam. You're not going to get those marks if you don't learn the stuff now. It doesn't matter if you don't cover everything, by revising you're still massively improving your chances of getting better grades.
Reply 11
Start now. I have 9exams and I have already made notes for all of them except one. I need to get into my firm Uni that is why I have started studying. If you do not study you will not pass, simple. Wake up early like say 6am, take your shower, eat your breakfast etc. Then start studying at 7 or 8am until 1pm, then use 2hours to watch a movie or something. Spend the rest of the day studying and remember to take 10-15minutes break every 1hour and practise past question papers. They are the key to passing. Trust me, print out all the past papers you can find both old and new, they tend to recycle the same questions every year but with different wording!! I have a pile of past papers but will still print out more!!! Start now, so that you will have a happy and peaceful summer!! Goodluck. :smile:

The person that gave me a negative rating is a flipping tool.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest