The Student Room Group

will unis know if i am resitting my a levels?

soo im not happy w my grades and i want to resit to win back my place at uni. im scared it will put me at a disadvantage, will they know? thinking of applying to KCL, QMUL, UCL (idk if they allow resits) and others.
Reply 1
Original post by treematrie
soo im not happy w my grades and i want to resit to win back my place at uni. im scared it will put me at a disadvantage, will they know? thinking of applying to KCL, QMUL, UCL (idk if they allow resits) and others.

Yes you have to declare the grades you have got. Then you enter the resits as 'pending'
Reply 2
Original post by Muttley79
Yes you have to declare the grades you have got. Then you enter the resits as 'pending'

hi, thanks for the fast response. cant i just ask my sixth form to re-enter my predicted grades from last year? i feel as though they wont accept me if they see my results, im just a bit confused.
Reply 3
hi, thanks for the fast response. cant i just ask my sixth form to re-enter my predicted grades from last year? i feel as though they wont accept me if they see my results, im just a bit confused.

No, You MUST declare all achieved grades or your application will be considered fraudulent.
Reply 4
Original post by Muttley79
No, You MUST declare all achieved grades or your application will be considered fraudulent.

what is the process of resitting? do i have to attend another year of school or is it self studying?
Reply 5
Original post by lean1bean
what is the process of resitting? do i have to attend another year of school or is it self studying?

you can either sit as a private candidate, revise at home and sit the exams at a local center or you can return to year 13 and resit the year (your new school will help with the exams and UCAS)
Reply 6
you can either sit as a private candidate, revise at home and sit the exams at a local center or you can return to year 13 and resit the year (your new school will help with the exams and UCAS)

do you need to pay to return to year 13? i saw a few resit students when i went to sit my a levels but i never saw them attend lessons or around school
Reply 7
Original post by lean1bean
do you need to pay to return to year 13? i saw a few resit students when i went to sit my a levels but i never saw them attend lessons or around school

i believe if you are returning to sixth form you only pay a small fee (£100 ish) to sit the real exams, check with your school though it shouldn't be crazy expensive.

Quick Reply

Latest