The Student Room Group

Uni Student Storage (USS) scammed

Hi, has anyone used USS to store their things over the summer? What have your experiences been like?

ALL my belongings are currently stuck with them, and I have no means of contacting them seeing as no one has replied to any of my emails or picked up my calls; and the website itself has been hacked and I can't log into my account to check on the status of things. I'm worried they might have gone bankrupt and I will not get my things back forever.

I'm not quite sure what to do anymore as I've tried everything to get in touch with them.

If anyone has had a similar experience/ have any advice, please do share!! thank you

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by pernsum
Hi, has anyone used USS to store their things over the summer? What have your experiences been like?

ALL my belongings are currently stuck with them, and I have no means of contacting them seeing as no one has replied to any of my emails or picked up my calls; and the website itself has been hacked and I can't log into my account to check on the status of things. I'm worried they might have gone bankrupt and I will not get my things back forever.

I'm not quite sure what to do anymore as I've tried everything to get in touch with them.

If anyone has had a similar experience/ have any advice, please do share!! thank you

Can’t you go to the on site office of the storage unit?
Reply 2
Original post by Euapp
Can’t you go to the on site office of the storage unit?

not at the moment. I'm currently not in the UK; and the storage company I paid for does the collect-store-deliver service so I wouldn't need to visit the storage site. Plus, I'm not entirely sure where USS stores the boxes as they did not specify.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 3
Hey, im dealing with the same issue. Im an international student and my things are stuck with them. Have you been able to resolve anything?
Hi I'm having the same problem, if anyone had it resolved please reply. Thanks!
Reply 5
Yes mine are stuck as well. They emailed me in February but haven't since then. I have an unconditional offer right now but I am emailing them to tell them the dates and address. Hope they reply soon. Hong long have your emails been? Im kinda worried ngl
Original post by Anonymous
Yes mine are stuck as well. They emailed me in February but haven't since then. I have an unconditional offer right now but I am emailing them to tell them the dates and address. Hope they reply soon. Hong long have your emails been? Im kinda worried ngl

They emailed me a bill from Tidea storage in February but idk if it's legit or not, so I didn't pay. Can't find out anything about the company at all.
Reply 7
Check the image. I found this online and i also found that thespareroom (which is tidea storage i think) has dissolved. I dont even know where my stuff is or probably all thrown away already. Has anyone got email from after February? Or have they received their stuff after? Thank you. Should have instantly asked them to ship my stuff in february to somewhere else at least.
Reply 8
Attachment not found
Reply 9
The owner is Ed Woodley.
Reply 11
Anyone near exeter?
Original post by Anonymous
Check the image. I found this online and i also found that thespareroom (which is tidea storage i think) has dissolved. I dont even know where my stuff is or probably all thrown away already. Has anyone got email from after February? Or have they received their stuff after? Thank you. Should have instantly asked them to ship my stuff in february to somewhere else at least.

They asked me to pay and I didn't, so they don't send me my stuff. The billing service still ping me every now and then. I looked on LinkedIn and found the owner contact so maybe I'll send him a message, but idk if he is still on LinkedIn.
Original post by danaiw
Anyone near exeter?

Unfortunately no.
Reply 14
Yea could you please still message him anyway cuz i cant. I did pay them in Feb cuz i need to store them for longer. Now i regret it might just have been a further scam and stuff probably arent even with them.

Original post by Arctic Kitten
They asked me to pay and I didn't, so they don't send me my stuff. The billing service still ping me every now and then. I looked on LinkedIn and found the owner contact so maybe I'll send him a message, but idk if he is still on LinkedIn.
Reply 15
When was the last time you guys email them?
Reply 16
By 'stuck, seeing you posted this in december, so you mean you stored in 2022 summer and asked for it in September 2022 but rn still hvnt got them back??

Original post by pernsum

Reply 17
Guys i found their instagram and i already got blocked by Ed after dm-ing them for enquiries so it does seem like a scam letz see what you guys wanna do with it Marca was the one that was signing off those emails that i have been receiving for the past year
@danaiw @pernsum hey I just received an email, how about you guys?
Original post by Arctic Kitten
@danaiw @pernsum hey I just received an email, how about you guys?
Hey what did the email say? I’ve just emailed them as well as I already paid them the invoice Tidea Storage sent to me?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending