The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool Accommodation Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Civil Engineering student here with a foundation year. My foundation year's going to be taught in St.Helens so being near the city centre for trains/buses is a must. So Prospect Point it is! I'm not disappointed.

Really odd thing about going to Prospect Point is I've worked as a Civil Engineering Technician for the last 3 years doing highways designs and the first ever job I did was to redesign the access road (Shepherd Street) to the Halls!

EDIT:

My choices are :
1: Prospect Point, Liberty Living
2: Philharmonic Court - S/C
3: Mulberry Court - S/C

Fingers crossed on the Prospect point as it will be perfect. Hopefully I'll get it quickly as I have an unconditional offer.
(edited 13 years ago)
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 141
I chose
1) Prospect point
2) Mulberry court
3) Philharmonic court

Was feeling pretty confident until I saw everyone (well at least a large majority) has already applied there. Ohwell, fingers crossed! :biggrin:
Reply 142
Original post by darranthemac

Original post by darranthemac
Yay! Have you gone for catered or self catered?

s/c ensuite is my first choice
Reply 143
So far i´m thinking of applying to Mulberry Court, Philharmonic and i´m stuck for a 3rd choice maybe Melville Grove.
Original post by TheWire
So far i´m thinking of applying to Mulberry Court, Philharmonic and i´m stuck for a 3rd choice maybe Melville Grove.

After visiting I would strongly not advise it.
Reply 145
Original post by Jack McGill
After visiting I would strongly not advise it.

How come?
Original post by TheWire
How come?

It didn't seem very friendly at all, it seemed very cold with no atmosphere of any kind.
Reply 147
Regretting placing Melville Grove as #2 now :/
Original post by RickyC
Regretting placing Melville Grove as #2 now :/

Well in fairness that was only my interpretation after one visit?

Where have you put first?
Reply 149
Original post by Jack McGill
Well in fairness that was only my interpretation after one visit?

Where have you put first?

Prospect point. I'm an access student though so I'll get my grades before most people, hoping that will give me an advantage. Wanted somewhere close to city, with little less craziness of the halls but with some atmosphere haha
Hi guys, ive firmed liverpool. It seems like the UoL are less informative on the city/accomadation compared to other Russell Group institutions, maybe they'll send us more information closer to results day?

Im deffo picking Carnatic and was just wandering can anyone give me any information about each specific hall in Carnatic? thanks
I've gone with

Prospect Point
Mulberry Court
Melville Grove

I know there is a slim chance for Prospect Point but I like the look of Mulberry Court.
I want to be on campus and self catered which only leaves 4 and my ex is currently in Philharmonic Court and I stayed there a few times and didn't like it at all. Also I know with my luck I would end up in his room and that would be annoying, depressing and stupid.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Lydia John
Hi guys, ive firmed liverpool. It seems like the UoL are less informative on the city/accomadation compared to other Russell Group institutions, maybe they'll send us more information closer to results day?

Im deffo picking Carnatic and was just wandering can anyone give me any information about each specific hall in Carnatic? thanks

It depends what you're going for, some are shared between 4 people, some are 5 with a personal wash basin, and Dale is two per bathroom, but only baths.
they sent me a booklet before i went to the accommodation open day, which i'm sure there'll be another. there wasnt a great deal of info, and i actually thought the website was a little better! i combined that with a bit of google maps and made my decision :smile: its all about what you want really!
Original post by Rebecca001
It depends what you're going for, some are shared between 4 people, some are 5 with a personal wash basin, and Dale is two per bathroom, but only baths.
they sent me a booklet before i went to the accommodation open day, which i'm sure there'll be another. there wasnt a great deal of info, and i actually thought the website was a little better! i combined that with a bit of google maps and made my decision :smile: its all about what you want really!

Thank you :smile: Im a bit indecisive because i didnt get a chance to go to the accom open day, i hadnt thought of maps but ill look at it now!
Hey iv put;

1) D&R self catered
2) R&G catered
3) D&R catered

as you can see all greebank :smile: iv been looking though different forums like this and i havent seen many saying thay they have chosen greenbank :/ eventhough this may be good as there will be less compatition but im worried that maybe greenbank wasnt the right choice. What do people think?
Original post by lauren6210
Hey iv put;

1) D&R self catered
2) R&G catered
3) D&R catered

as you can see all greebank :smile: iv been looking though different forums like this and i havent seen many saying thay they have chosen greenbank :/ eventhough this may be good as there will be less compatition but im worried that maybe greenbank wasnt the right choice. What do people think?

Nah man, Greenbank ftw! It doesn't matter too much imo, the halls will always be packed with people and you'll make friends wherever you go :smile:

Might change my my 2nd choice greenbank to something else though, maybe Salisbury...
Original post by TheKnowledge
Nah man, Greenbank ftw! It doesn't matter too much imo, the halls will always be packed with people and you'll make friends wherever you go :smile:

Might change my my 2nd choice greenbank to something else though, maybe Salisbury...

Ok thank you :smile:
Original post by lauren6210
Ok thank you :smile:

off-topic, but your sig made me lol :biggrin:
Original post by Lydia John
Thank you :smile: Im a bit indecisive because i didnt get a chance to go to the accom open day, i hadnt thought of maps but ill look at it now!

for the off campus stuff i just did satellite view just to get an idea of where the halls where in comparison to each other (i could roughly remember where the bus stop there was). not ideal, but it gives you an idea :smile:
Original post by TheKnowledge
off-topic, but your sig made me lol :biggrin:

hehe .... it's funny :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending