The Student Room Group

Know any plus size modelling agencies?

Hey guys..

Just wanted to know if you know of any agencies..
I'm a size 12-14 and 5'6 =| LOL! So yeah I'm short :'(
Also I'm under 18..

So does anyone know of any agencies!
If so please leave the names or website.
Thank you x
Reply 1
I haz contacts but I need pics first. Post them here and we will judge.
Original post by missjasmine
Hey guys..

Just wanted to know if you know of any agencies..
I'm a size 12-14 and 5'6 =| LOL! So yeah I'm short :'(
Also I'm under 18..

So does anyone know of any agencies!
If so please leave the names or website.
Thank you x

2bh most modelling agencies that deal with children would take you on regardless of your size because they would use you as a "real life model" or as part of a family. if anything just google agencies that deal with real life models. (the one i was with when i was younger isnt around anyore :frown:) If you have a flat tummy and your in good shape it wouldn’t be a problem. your height isn’t a problem because of your age but when your 18 your need to be a bit taller (hopefully your grow)
when you turn 18 (depending on your body shape) you could try 12 plus model management
http://12plusuk.co.uk/
they deal with bigger framed models and there amazing I’m with them :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
Ooooh Thank you so much! I was just looking at them as well cos I wasn't looking to do it just yet cos of college and that.

Ah you've been very helpful xx
Original post by Khaysha-Saine
2bh most modelling agencies that deal with children would take you on regardless of your size because they would use you as a "real life model" or as part of a family. if anything just google agencies that deal with real life models. (the one i was with when i was younger isnt around anyore :frown:) If you have a flat tummy and your in good shape it wouldn’t be a problem. your height isn’t a problem because of your age but when your 18 your need to be a bit taller (hopefully your grow)
when you turn 18 (depending on your body shape) you could try 12 plus model management
http://12plusuk.co.uk/
they deal with bigger framed models and there amazing I’m with them :biggrin:

Do you get much work with this agency?
Original post by DancinBallerina
Do you get much work with this agency?

im only do underwear modeling with them for companies such as bravisimo because of my bra size its hard to do "normal" plus size mideling with them LOL i get abit nothing major but alot of there models are in magazines such as cosmo etc..

i got alot as a teenager. i have never been skinny but i did alot of urban clothing i did the missy elliot addidas range for little woods when i was 14.
Reply 6
is a 12/14 really big enough to be a plus size model? :s-smilie:
im only do underwear modeling with them for companies such as bravisimo because of my bra size its hard to do "normal" plus size mideling with them LOL i get abit nothing major but alot of there models are in magazines such as cosmo etc..

i got alot as a teenager. i have never been skinny but i did alot of urban clothing i did the missy elliot addidas range for little woods when i was 14.

Ahhh thanks for explaining.

See people have always told me to do modelling because im tall (5ft 9), I applied to a few agencies, but got no where :/. Could do with abit of extra £££ as well.
Ahhh thanks for explaining.

See people have always told me to do modelling because im tall (5ft 9), I applied to a few agencies, but got no where :/. Could do with abit of extra £££ as well.

How did you apply? its hard to get into modeling i know ALL the websites say just send your pictures in but its not that simple you need to follow it up what excally did you do?
How did you apply? its hard to get into modeling i know ALL the websites say just send your pictures in but its not that simple you need to follow it up what excally did you do?

I just sent snaps, and measurements, like they ask. But never hear anything. So I just presume ''I haven't got that look'' they are looking for. lol

I'm not too fussed, as it's not a career I desperately want to follow, I was just interested in perhaps making a bob or 2, seeing as I have the height. But hey ho not to worry if I don't get anywhere with it.
Hi I'm looking into plus size modeling at the minute and seriously considering signing up to it.
I was wondering if anyone could tell me the names of any trusted agencies?
Google never seems to be a reliable source, thanks in advance.
I just sent snaps, and measurements, like they ask. But never hear anything. So I just presume ''I haven't got that look'' they are looking for. lol

I'm not too fussed, as it's not a career I desperately want to follow, I was just interested in perhaps making a bob or 2, seeing as I have the height. But hey ho not to worry if I don't get anywhere with it.

Exactly the same as me. I'm 5'6/5'7, so I'm not 'model tall', but people had said I should try commercial modelling. I never heard anything back though, despite the fact I am very petite measurement wise. Never mind, if you ever try you never know I guess.

Quick Reply

Latest