The Student Room Group
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website

Applying late at Christ Church

Has anyone here applied for Christ Church recently and got offers? hoping to apply this week for Digital Media and praying that I get a place!
Reply 1
hey i applied there late on 8th march and got an offer a week later. Just depends if theres stil places on the course. Good luck, u heard anything yet? Usually they will send you something in the post to say they've received your application
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by EmilyJane
hey i applied there late on 8th march and got an offer a week later. Just depends if theres stil places on the course. Good luck, u heard anything yet? Usually they will send you something in the post to say they've received your application

Hey Emily :smile:

I received Unconditional offers for all my choices on Monday so looks like I'm going to Christ Church! :biggrin: congrats on getting in too, what you going to study?
Reply 3
oh thats awesome! Well done :smile: im doing english and american studies. Have you been to the uni before, im going to the visit day on 4th may. Hopefully i'll like it :smile: i dont know anyone whos going there tho!
Reply 4
oh thats awesome! Well done :smile: im doing english and american studies. Have you been to the uni before, im going to the visit day on 4th may. Hopefully i'll like it :smile: i dont know anyone whos going there tho!

Thank you and well done to you :biggrin: and yeah I visit it quite often as I have friends at University of Kent and Christ Church. The area itself is very nice, it's a very sociable place with lots of pubs and a great atmosphere. There aren't many clubs there but Chemistry is quite fun and big I thought. I reckon you will like it there if you like a chilled-out and fun experience :tongue:

Can you just turn up to the open day? I know there's one in June which we were planning on going to.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 5
that sounds great, yea i'm more into pubs than clubs anyway! Yea think it'll be quite sociable with kent uni there aswell :smile: i'm pretty sure you have to book the open day but you can do it online! where you guna be staying accommodation wise?
Reply 6
Ah awesome, I think you'll love it there! it's a brilliant City, Uni of Kent is literally up the road so you get to mix with them as well and I'm pretty sure you can use their clubs on campus too :biggrin:

And I'm not too sure where to stay, I'm going with four mates so we ideally want to get a place together, we were thinking about renting a house as it's cheaper but then again, first year is always best spent on campus as you can meet everyone. Going to see if we can stay on campus and choose who we stay with.

Where you going to be staying? and wicked I might have to book that opening day, I know what it's like there but it's a good chance to meet more people and take a proper look at the accomodation :smile:
Reply 7
That's good that it's really close! I applied to kent but got rejected, haha. Yea social life should be good then, i heard that its 70% girls at Christ Church so i think you'll like it there! Yea definately stay on campus if you can for your first year, i haven't applied for accommodation yet cos i'm still waiting to hear from other unis! Yea go to the open day if you can! I saw you posted something else about being 21, well im guna be 20 when i start uni but hopefully it wont matter too much! :smile:
Reply 8
That's good that it's really close! I applied to kent but got rejected, haha. Yea social life should be good then, i heard that its 70% girls at Christ Church so i think you'll like it there! Yea definately stay on campus if you can for your first year, i haven't applied for accommodation yet cos i'm still waiting to hear from other unis! Yea go to the open day if you can! I saw you posted something else about being 21, well im guna be 20 when i start uni but hopefully it wont matter too much! :smile:

Haha 70% sounds good to me :biggrin: there are a lot of girls there, the shops are very 'girl' orientated as well so you should be fine :wink:

And fair enough, is Christ Church definitely your first-choice? I'm going to have a word with everyone and see what they think, but I've been left in charge by the looks of it so I'd rather be on campus. Haha yeah nothing wrong with being 'mature', I don't really feel 21 so I think we'll settle in well :smile:

Do you know anyone that's going as well?
Reply 9
oh good! Means i can go shopping then =) well im waiting to hear from winchester so i havent decided yet but everyone seems to say canterbury is nice! Its just a bit further from where i live! Is it your first choice? Yea it will be more sociable on campus but if not get a house near by:smile: yea i still feel young so its all good. nope i dont know anyone going! =(

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending