The Student Room Group

If you don't get the grades for an offer, will they offer u a place the following yr?

I know it's not great to think about, but if you don't get the grades you need for your firm uni choice, and then decide not to go to you insurance... can you then decide to take a gap year and retake the modules to get the grades you need and then how likely is it that the uni you wanted will remake you an offer?
I would hope that they wouldn't.
Reply 2
It's possible, but I wouldn't suggest it with the fees going up.
They may give you an offer, but it would probably be a higher offer.. and you would have to apply through ucas all over again
Reply 4
Original post by blisssy
I know it's not great to think about, but if you don't get the grades you need for your firm uni choice, and then decide not to go to you insurance... can you then decide to take a gap year and retake the modules to get the grades you need and then how likely is it that the uni you wanted will remake you an offer?

It depends on your university. Some top universities don't like students retaking exams. For all other unis its just like applying for them for the first time, so same chance as applying for the first time.
You can choose to do that, but your University won't hold the offer for you. You will have to apply again through UCAS while doing your resits, and might end up with an even higher offer than the original.

Also, its not advisable because of the fees going up, as Kat just pointed out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending