The Student Room Group

[BUSS3] AQA Business Unit 3 anyone? [Friday 10th of June 2011]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Nayberay
At my college they bought these epic Tutor2U powerpoint presentations.

They were really informative and I just annotated them and highlighted key stuff and it got me my A's at AS and my B (few marks from an A) at A2.
:h:

Thanks for the positive review - i wrote those!

Jim
Reply 21
Original post by Jim Riley
Thanks for the positive review - i wrote those!

Jim

No problem. The notes are epic and are really detailed. :smile:
Reply 22
Is there any chance i could get this powerpoint?
I feel like giving up! I hate Buss3! I cant do critical path analysis, discounted cash flow, balance sheets and income statements. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME! I got a D in Jan even though Im on a high A at AS!
Reply 24
Original post by slacker07906
I feel like giving up! I hate Buss3! I cant do critical path analysis, discounted cash flow, balance sheets and income statements. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME! I got a D in Jan even though Im on a high A at AS!

I'm in the same boat, I got 79 UMS in Buss1, 96 in Buss2 then 52 in Buss3, hopefully this resit will come back in line with my AS results.
As far as discounted cash flow goes, I don't even know if i've covered it lol.
Reply 25
Original post by Pwiii
Itz gonna be my first time doin BUSS3, not sure what to expect :-S
Can anyone remember any questions from BUSS3 Jan 2011 exam or have the document they can post?

i have the paper
Reply 26
Original post by gchaggar75
i have the paper

Any chance you could post it up please? been searching everywhere for it and can't find it!
Reply 27
my teacher didnt do critical path analysis and we have a teacher now that only knows about finance. I'm relying on books, wiki.
Reply 28
Im resitting this one but shouldnt be too hard. Ive had A A C so far, really messed up the last paper, I think I read the question wrong and got dead on a bottom C! Gunna try blag this paper as per usual for business.

I have some notes of some of those things, hopefully they help :smile:
Reply 30
Ok so I need to get revising for BUSS3, June 10th is looming.

Although I feel to an extent confident about Business in general, I do know BUSS3 screwed me over haha so will be revising it from Monday onwards, I need to revise for Philosophy and Maths.

Hows everyone else doing?
I'm not retaking unit 3 but I wanted to share a resource with you guys :smile:

Good luck on the revision ^^

http://getrevising.co.uk/resources/aqa_buss3_exam_preparation_pack
Reply 32
For those who've sat BUSS3 already: What would be your advice to someone sitting it the first time?
Thanks guys!
Reply 33
Original post by bloody-YES
For those who've sat BUSS3 already: What would be your advice to someone sitting it the first time?
Thanks guys!

Do not underestimate it!
Original post by bloody-YES
Thanks guys!

Original post by Ree-Shay
Do not underestimate it!

This! BUSS3 is not like BUSS2 or 1!! There's quite a bit to remember... and my advice is to read the question carefully!!! In my experience in January there was a weird question 2 when lead to people in my class writing about the wrong thing!! and time management is key (as in previous units)
Reply 35
Does anyone have the Jan 11 paper? For both this unit & unit 4.
I really need an A in this! Got an D last time!!! But got A's at AS!!! Done a bit of revision but going to start properly tomorrow!
I really need an A in this! Got an D last time!!! But got A's at AS!!! Done a bit of revision but going to start properly tomorrow!

Same! I hope the paper is better than Jan. Bloody chinese pottery or w/e.
Reply 38
I feel pretty prepared for this, first time round taking, so hoping it goes smoothly!
All Investment appraisal stuff is eassssssy!
Reply 39
hey everyone, i just wanted to know the do's and dont's for this exam and also how much calculations are you meant to incorporate in the questions. can you help me on how to evaluate and the points to use, and also application and analysis.
thanks in advance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending