The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Glee Society... No Future Spoilers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rickkkkk
There's so much to comment on here, but I think I'll just go simple.
Haha, theres noone thats actually that amazing. When I first heard about Darren, I actually got a little depressed that I will probably never find anyone like him :frown: First celebrity i've felt like that about.
I'll try and be here, cause i'll be covering A2 after exams, which i'll probably forget during the summer holidays. And I dont think i'll be doing too much in the summer either :smile:
Did you get bullied? I feel for you :frown: What was it about?
I think I regret never fully being myself when I was younger, cause it really feels good these past few years :smile:
If I had the money, and the confidence to wear certain things, I could probably have a fashion sense, i think it's just the gay guy stuff kicking in :biggrin:

I've probably already said this, but Naya and Taylor Swift are the girls i'd go straight for without a second thought.

Ah, A2 exams. How I miss those days :p: /bragging

I did, mainly because I lived in the library and actually went to school to work. The thing is, people bullied me because I seemed like such a goody two shoes in class, doing all my work and getting it finished but what they didn't realise was while they were messing around in class and having to catch up at home I could go home free of everything :woo: there also seemed to be a few girls in every school I went to who seemed to hate me for some reason, which was nice. Girls can be so bitchy it's unreal. I should just hang out with guys. I regret not fully being myself too, I suppose I was myself to an extent, that's why they called me out on it but I could've gone further with it.

I always think the same thing about fashion...if I could afford to buy well tailored things or layers I could probably figure out what goes together well (every time I watch Gok Wan I think 'I could do that if I had that money' because even their budget things are way out of any budget I have).

Taylor Swift used to be my wallpaper background. She's awesome. It's now Winnie the Pooh who, I can assure people, I do not have a crush on.
Original post by neillya1
Well I left Lancaster so they don't really like me there :tongue:
I'm sure Manchester will have some spare members though :h: I'll pop them over your way :tongue: Trust me, there will be someone interested in Glee, probably quite a few :h:. Or just join a musical theatre group, you'll find them there :yes:.... Then again those same guys are usually in the LGBT society :colondollar: :tongue:

:yes: You had it coming :h:

That jumper didn't do it for me either :no:

Neither did prom queen - I mean I'm Scottish so a kilt is great, but I didn't like his outfit :no:

He looks hottest in the Cheerios outfit though :teehee:

Haha, yeah you can it's only a short train ride, they might enjoy the scenery. :rofl: I never actually realised half the guys I hung around at school were gay (I was in orchestra, there were a lot of them). Most people did. At least I didn't judge based on stereotypes I suppose. That, or I was just very naive.

I liked the kilt but I think the jacket was a bit much...it looked kind of bulky up the top and they made his hair have too much volume. I think it would have looked less overwhelming with it a bit flatter.
I know you guys have probably seen this interview but I seriously fall in love with Chris more and more with every interview! http://kurt-blaine.livejournal.com/1785493.html?#cutid1

Highlights for me....

What is the biggest thing that keeps you grounded?
The biggest thing that keeps me grounded? I think unfortunately for me, I am very, very well aware that I'm human, and I'm reminded every single day because I'm just an awkward, clumsy person. I think when I was growing up, every time I'd see someone in a TV show or a movie, I'd think oh, they must be perfect, they must be flawless. And I'm very, very flawed. So that definitely keeps me grounded, my flaws.

Also, I have a younger sister who is never impressed at anything I do. Anything I accomplish, she's never impressed at. So that helps.

What does she say to you?
Well, it's so funny, because she's a special needs [kid], so she doesn't really understand anything that I'm doing, or achieving, or anything like that. And I'll tell her, "Hannah, guess what, your brother got a Golden Globe!" And she's like, "That's nice, how are the dogs?" (laughs) She's just uninterested. And I remember one time, I was being a good big brother and I took her to Jamba Juice, just her and I, and these people asked for my photo and I took a photo with them. When they asked "Oh, can we get a photo with you," my sister goes, "Why?" (chuckles) Like she just doesn't get it.

Cutest.Thing.Ever.
You and Darren Criss have very good chemistry on the show. Did the producers get you and Darren together before The Warblers started and gauge what kind of chemistry you had? How did you sense that you and Darren would do pretty well right away?

I don't think they did. I think they just kind of gambled it. I had never met Darren until the first day that he started working on the set. But I don't know, I think we have great chemistry because we're both huge nerds, and we'll both tell you for hours like all the nerdy things that we'll do, and we'll do together, and the same Harry Potter this, Star Wars that, stuff that we're into. So then we kind of bonded over just both being huge geeks.

But I don't know. I think the connection between the two characters was something that both the characters just needed. So I think we just both took it from the characters' place.
Original post by diamonddust

I know you guys have probably seen this interview but I seriously fall in love with Chris more and more with every interview! http://kurt-blaine.livejournal.com/1785493.html?#cutid1

Highlights for me....

The biggest thing that keeps me grounded? I think unfortunately for me, I am very, very well aware that I'm human, and I'm reminded every single day because I'm just an awkward, clumsy person. I think when I was growing up, every time I'd see someone in a TV show or a movie, I'd think oh, they must be perfect, they must be flawless. And I'm very, very flawed. So that definitely keeps me grounded, my flaws.

Also, I have a younger sister who is never impressed at anything I do. Anything I accomplish, she's never impressed at. So that helps.

Well, it's so funny, because she's a special needs [kid], so she doesn't really understand anything that I'm doing, or achieving, or anything like that. And I'll tell her, "Hannah, guess what, your brother got a Golden Globe!" And she's like, "That's nice, how are the dogs?" (laughs) She's just uninterested. And I remember one time, I was being a good big brother and I took her to Jamba Juice, just her and I, and these people asked for my photo and I took a photo with them. When they asked "Oh, can we get a photo with you," my sister goes, "Why?" (chuckles) Like she just doesn't get it.

Cutest.Thing.Ever.
You and Darren Criss have very good chemistry on the show. Did the producers get you and Darren together before The Warblers started and gauge what kind of chemistry you had? How did you sense that you and Darren would do pretty well right away?

I don't think they did. I think they just kind of gambled it. I had never met Darren until the first day that he started working on the set. But I don't know, I think we have great chemistry because we're both huge nerds, and we'll both tell you for hours like all the nerdy things that we'll do, and we'll do together, and the same Harry Potter this, Star Wars that, stuff that we're into. So then we kind of bonded over just both being huge geeks.

But I don't know. I think the connection between the two characters was something that both the characters just needed. So I think we just both took it from the characters' place.

Your version of it is better than the one I posted, mine was just on a series of posts on tumblr. I love it though, he just seems more amazing with every interview :love:
There's so much to comment on here, but I think I'll just go simple.
Haha, theres noone thats actually that amazing. When I first heard about Darren, I actually got a little depressed that I will probably never find anyone like him :frown: First celebrity i've felt like that about.
I'll try and be here, cause i'll be covering A2 after exams, which i'll probably forget during the summer holidays. And I dont think i'll be doing too much in the summer either :smile:
Did you get bullied? I feel for you :frown: What was it about?
I think I regret never fully being myself when I was younger, cause it really feels good these past few years :smile:
If I had the money, and the confidence to wear certain things, I could probably have a fashion sense, i think it's just the gay guy stuff kicking in :biggrin:

I've probably already said this, but Naya and Taylor Swift are the girls i'd go straight for without a second thought.

LMAO. This! :rolleyes: I think scientists should get their **** together and invent a machine that can clone people! :tongue:
You will! :smile: Trust me, there's someone for everyone and you will find that perfect person for you, it just takes patience!

Ditto :sad: I wasn't out in highschool, but everyone knew I was gay. I denied it, which got me even more stick......

Not keen on either of them I have to say :tongue: Although Taylor Swift has a voice to die from :h:

Fixed your post for you! :biggrin:
Original post by e hine e
Your version of it is better than the one I posted, mine was just on a series of posts on tumblr. I love it though, he just seems more amazing with every interview :love:

I seriously want him to be my best friend! We could talk theatre and writing and Harry Potter! Admittedly, I get Star Wars and Star Trek mixed up... but he could teach me! :awesome:

It's now Winnie the Pooh who, I can assure people, I do not have a crush on.

:rofl:

Haha, yeah you can it's only a short train ride, they might enjoy the scenery. :rofl: I never actually realised half the guys I hung around at school were gay (I was in orchestra, there were a lot of them). Most people did. At least I didn't judge based on stereotypes I suppose. That, or I was just very naive.

I liked the kilt but I think the jacket was a bit much...it looked kind of bulky up the top and they made his hair have too much volume. I think it would have looked less overwhelming with it a bit flatter.

It's good that you didn't stereotype :smile: Best that people come out when they're ready, not forced out :tongue:

I didn't do any typically "gay" activities at school, so didn't have that support network when people start harassing me :shifty: I swear I also had the lowest self confidence of anyone ever to go to school, I always just went to shy away in a corner :tongue:

The jacket was nice I thought, it'd identical to what I wear to weddings from the kilt hire shop :colondollar: Hair was a no no though :no: They should keep Born This Way hair! :awesome:

Also the kilt was too long! It was as long as a skirt, below the knee if I remember rightly, and the wrong colour for sure! :tongue:

Highlights for me....

Cutest.Thing.Ever.

I love the way he talks about his sister, it's so sweet :h:
From interviews I've read I get a sense that he really doesn't like the intrusion in to his private life from being famous, which I totally understand. Imagine as soon as he starts dating someone (and lets be honest, there won't be a shortage of guys for him!!), it'll be EVERYWHERE within hours. It's a shame :sad:

:tongue: Actually, I like that. It's true :tongue:

I seriously want him to be my best friend! We could talk theatre and writing and Harry Potter! Admittedly, I get Star Wars and Star Trek mixed up... but he could teach me! :awesome:

:no: Never ever do that around a Star Wars geek, or he will not be a happy bunny! :yes:
Reply 5749
Ah, A2 exams. How I miss those days :p: /bragging

I did, mainly because I lived in the library and actually went to school to work. The thing is, people bullied me because I seemed like such a goody two shoes in class, doing all my work and getting it finished but what they didn't realise was while they were messing around in class and having to catch up at home I could go home free of everything :woo: there also seemed to be a few girls in every school I went to who seemed to hate me for some reason, which was nice. Girls can be so bitchy it's unreal. I should just hang out with guys. I regret not fully being myself too, I suppose I was myself to an extent, that's why they called me out on it but I could've gone further with it.

I always think the same thing about fashion...if I could afford to buy well tailored things or layers I could probably figure out what goes together well (every time I watch Gok Wan I think 'I could do that if I had that money' because even their budget things are way out of any budget I have).

Taylor Swift used to be my wallpaper background. She's awesome. It's now Winnie the Pooh who, I can assure people, I do not have a crush on.

Haha, everything seems so sexually obsessed now. "You like Disney? You only watch it because the princesses are sexy!" Urm, no.
Just hang out with us guys, we'll be happy to defend you :smile: I'm sad that that happened to you, but I think you're better because of it :smile:
The only things I can afford to buy are clothes that i'm happy with though. They're comfy and I feel good about them :smile:
You will! :smile: Trust me, there's someone for everyone and you will find that perfect person for you, it just takes patience!

Ditto :sad: I wasn't out in highschool, but everyone knew I was gay. I denied it, which got me even more stick......

Not keen on either of them I have to say :tongue: Although Taylor Swift has a voice to die for :h:

Naya is Santana btw :biggrin: And Taylor Swift is amazing. Love her. She was my favorite before Darren took over.
Urm, I hope you dont mind me asking, but what's your personality like? Like, how did people know you were gay?

I dont know if people have mentioned this, but I was just thinking about Mean Girls (like we all do), and i was thinking about the plastics.
Karen=Brittany (Love Amanda Seyfreid btw) because of the blonde bimboness and just general hilariousness.
Gretchen=Santana cause of the bitchiness and all the rumours and secrets
Regina=Quinn. Just queen bitch and all.
This is more season 1 though, when their storylines weren't really developed much.
:rofl:

It's good that you didn't stereotype :smile: Best that people come out when they're ready, not forced out :tongue:

I didn't do any typically "gay" activities at school, so didn't have that support network when people start harassing me :shifty: I swear I also had the lowest self confidence of anyone ever to go to school, I always just went to shy away in a corner :tongue:

The jacket was nice I thought, it'd identical to what I wear to weddings from the kilt hire shop :colondollar: Hair was a no no though :no: They should keep Born This Way hair! :awesome:

Also the kilt was too long! It was as long as a skirt, below the knee if I remember rightly, and the wrong colour for sure! :tongue:

I love the way he talks about his sister, it's so sweet :h:
From interviews I've read I get a sense that he really doesn't like the intrusion in to his private life from being famous, which I totally understand. Imagine as soon as he starts dating someone (and lets be honest, there won't be a shortage of guys for him!!), it'll be EVERYWHERE within hours. It's a shame :sad:

I liked the jacket in theory, it was how I imagined him to look in the kilt complete with the amazing short jacket with all the buttons, but the shoulders seemed too big in it for me. Coupled with the hair volume up there it seemed too much. I can't remember how long the kilt was, I liked the idea of green but the green wasn't showing up that much :s-smilie:

I can't believe I'm talking in detail about an outfit. This is so not like me.

I just felt so small at school so I know how you felt, that's the best way I can describe it...just feeling so small. I think that's a confidence thing.
Reply 5751

GRRRRRR. Not happy. xD

Naya is Santana btw :biggrin:

:colondollar: I didn't know her real name, feel a bit silly now :tongue:

Urm, I hope you dont mind me asking, but what's your personality like? Like, how did people know you were gay?

Well I'm actually pretty straight acting, bar the odd queen bitch scenario :tongue:
But I went to one of the most promiscuous schools around, and I refused to sleep with girls or even acknowledge that I found any attractive. Of course not finding any girls attractive, along with liking to sing, liking "gay music", having a dance mat and talking to girls gets you labelled as gay :tongue:

Of course they never pick up on the things like I love rugby, football and F1. I love my cars. I played guitar and drums. Basically I was the Sam of the school, except they were right in thinking I was gay :tongue:

I even pretended to fancy a girl to put them off... I feel so bad about that :sad:. Thankfully she didn't like me :h:

Now that I'm actually "out" though I can be myself. If you saw me in the street you would never think I'm gay, but get to know me and you'd probably guess. The usual things like thinking musicals are great, loving to sing and dance etc etc, but at first glance I'm a football loving "lad" :tongue:

I was also one of the bright kids at school (Don't mean it in a big headed way, I mean I actually tried) so people hated me for that too.... why the hell would I stay behind after school do to work etc.... fact is, it got me good GCSEs which led to good A Levels :h: So I win :h: :tongue:
I've got my livestream up already.

Dedicated or paranoid. You decide.
Reply 5754
:colondollar: I didn't know her real name, feel a bit silly now :tongue:

Well I'm actually pretty straight acting, bar the odd queen bitch scenario :tongue:
But I went to one of the most promiscuous schools around, and I refused to sleep with girls or even acknowledge that I found any attractive. Of course not finding any girls attractive, along with liking to sing, liking "gay music", having a dance mat and talking to girls gets you labelled as gay :tongue:

Of course they never pick up on the things like I love rugby, football and F1. I love my cars. I played guitar and drums. Basically I was the Sam of the school, except they were right in thinking I was gay :tongue:

I even pretended to fancy a girl to put them off... I feel so bad about that :sad:. Thankfully she didn't like me :h:

Now that I'm actually "out" though I can be myself. If you saw me in the street you would never think I'm gay, but get to know me and you'd probably guess. The usual things like thinking musicals are great, loving to sing and dance etc etc, but at first glance I'm a football loving "lad" :tongue:

I was also one of the bright kids at school (Don't mean it in a big headed way, I mean I actually tried) so people hated me for that too.... why the hell would I stay behind after school do to work etc.... fact is, it got me good GCSEs which led to good A Levels :h: So I win :h: :tongue:

Thanks, its just nice to talk to another gay guy and just know their experiences :smile:
My school is so absent with homosexuals its strange. I mean I dont doubt that there are all these gays flying around, but noones out. Except for this guy in the year below who looks a lot like a girl. So much in fact that I thought he was.
So that sort of put me off coming out, as I didnt know how people would react.

Im going to say paranoid. Haha, you've got more than an hour left!
I liked the jacket in theory, it was how I imagined him to look in the kilt complete with the amazing short jacket with all the buttons, but the shoulders seemed too big in it for me. Coupled with the hair volume up there it seemed too much. I can't remember how long the kilt was, I liked the idea of green but the green wasn't showing up that much :s-smilie:

I can't believe I'm talking in detail about an outfit. This is so not like me.

I just felt so small at school so I know how you felt, that's the best way I can describe it...just feeling so small. I think that's a confidence thing.

I liked the shoulders :colondollar: Hair volume though like I said was a no no :no:
Didn't like the green either, far too dark! :yes: Should've been lighter :h:

I think the best word I can use to sum up high-school for me is "insignificant". No one cared about who I was, even in year 11 half my class didn't know my name. Sure, I had 4/5 friends - but they knew the "fake" me, the "straight" me. I was too afraid of what they'd think of me to do anything.

Despite getting near top marks every time, there were so many nutjobs at my school that all the teachers attention went on them, and the well behaved students got nothing.

Just made me feel like I didn't matter for 5 years... kinda sucked. Big time. Very big time.

On the good side, when I came out (after college, mistake as it should have been in college) I only lost 1 friend as a result, and it turns out he was a a collosal **** if he can't accept it, so his loss :h: Now feel much more comfortable around friends which is great and finally happy! :h:

Dedinoid. A mixture of both :h:

Thanks, its just nice to talk to another gay guy and just know their experiences :smile:
My school is so absent with homosexuals its strange. I mean I dont doubt that there are all these gays flying around, but noones out. Except for this guy in the year below who looks a lot like a girl. So much in fact that I thought he was.

Not a single person was out at my school of 1800 people :sad:. Makes you feel so alone. I reckon if I'd come out others would have, because that first barrier has been broken. But I'll never know I guess.

Anyway my experiences with high-school were awful, as I mentioned above :tongue: I honestly reckon if I'd come out it would have been better.

I'd have had the confidence to join groups I liked too. Things like dance, music, singing etc..... Sure I wouldn't be welcome on the football team but I was crap anyway, never good enough to get on :tongue:

Kurt sums it all up for me though:

One day, you'll all work for me! :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)

Im going to say paranoid. Haha, you've got more than an hour left!

BiB: made me laugh.

My sixth form was the same. There should have been loads of out gay people really because they were all 16-19 and there were over 1000 students. All I saw was two gay girls who used to drag each other into the toilets (thankfully when I wasn't in there) and one gay guy in my economics class. Unless I just didn't spend enough time in the theatre department. Who knows?

Well, a few weeks ago Ambs had the livestream working when she checked it during the day then when she tried to get it on at night it wouldn't let her on. I know it sometimes gets like that as more people log on so I'm taking no chances. When I'm watching live and no one else is don't expect me not to laugh :cool:
I want my own auditorium :sad:
Hello Glee fans, anyone know what time it broadcasts tonight? (GMT)
Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher

Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
Hello Glee fans, anyone know what time it broadcasts tonight? (GMT)

1am :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest