The Student Room Group

OCR AS - Chemistry Unit F322 - Chains, energy and resource - REVISION!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Original post by Bright
Electrophillic addition - HBr/HCl/HI
-electrophile attracted to the electron rich region/centre/atom where it accepts a pair of electron to form a covalent bond.

for reaction
C4H9OH + HCl = C4H9Cl + H2O why is it nucleophillic substitution?
Reply 441
Original post by hash007
for reaction

The Cl of HCL is slightly electronegative so acts as a nucleophile

ignore all that I dont know what Im talking about :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
There are not enough questions on greeen chemistry..!!
Need 20 more marks in this crappy exam
Reply 443
1. if u hve nucleophilic substituition and use NH3 would you draw NH2- with a lone pair?

2.can someobe give me an easy full scoring definition of BOND ENTHALPY and AVG. BOND ENTHALPY.

3.xplain the importance of controlling global warming caused by atmospheric increase in greenhouse gases (???)

4. outline role played by chemists ???

5. PRINCIPLES?!?!?!

boooorrriiiinggggggggggggg

lol
Reply 444
i love this exam <3

minus the green chemistry *pukes*
Reply 445
Original post by hash007
for reaction

i swear thats electrophillic addition?
Reply 446
there is soo much technicality in this exam...small minor errors will cost you marks. i thought i was confident but now im just plain scared. :frown:
Reply 447
as far as i'm aware electrophillic addition - arrow will go from double c=c bond to the other reactant whereas nucelophilic substitition is where theres a negative ion which attack the back of a halogenoalkane?

i reckon following the trends of past papers, there'll be loads on the environmental effects of like CFCs PVC etc
Reply 448
Original post by timkench

That's what I thought :s-smilie:
Reply 449
Quick question guys.

In the revision notes, why did the person do q = - mx c x delta t is it not m x c x delta t?

:s
Reply 450
Original post by Bright
Quick question guys.

In the revision notes, why did the person do q = - mx c x delta t is it not m x c x delta t?

you always change it minus at the end of the question anyway so maybe thats why?
Reply 451
There are not enough questions on greeen chemistry..!!
Need 20 more marks in this crappy exam

You and me both!

Hmm questions.

Why do bond enthalpies have positive values?

"The rate of a chemical reaction increases as temperature is increased because there are more collisions".

Discuss tot what extent this statement is true and describe any other factors that should be considered when looking at the effect of temperature on rate of reaction.

Explain why C02 contributes more to global warming than CH4 even though it has a lower greenhouse factor?
Reply 452

I thought it was electrophillic substitution as the OH was being substituted for a Cl, but mark scheme says Nucleophillic substitution.
Reply 453
Can someone quickly run through Greenhouse gas effect :colondollar:

How to answer it if it was a 6 marker!
Reply 454
Original post by Bright
Quick question guys.

its M x C x DeltaT

nah its nucleophilic sub becuase H-CL is non polar and CL has a lone pair of e- it can donate!
Reply 455
you always change it minus at the end of the question anyway so maybe thats why?

Why do you always change it to minus at the end of the question? :colondollar:

(is it always exothermic?)
Reply 456
Outline early developments in mass spec... -_-
Reply 457
Original post by touran22
its M x C x DeltaT

nah its nucleophilic sub becuase H-CL is non polar and CL has a lone pair of e- it can donate!

pretty sure H-Cl has dipols due to large difference in electronegativities, and hetrolytic fission takes place, check the textbook
Reply 458
Also what are the conditions for all the reactions? Does anyone have like a summary sheet of them all, would be very helpful? :smile:
Reply 459
Original post by Bright
Why do you always change it to minus at the end of the question? :colondollar:

(is it always exothermic?)

rise in temp of surroundings = fall in temp of the system

if there is a fall in temperature the sign will come out as a minus which would be changed to a positive if you do start temp. minus finish temp. so yeah always swap the sign because you are measuring the surroundingss
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending