The Student Room Group

OCR AS - Chemistry Unit F322 - Chains, energy and resource - REVISION!

Scroll to see replies

Btw, in case i made a mistake due to working through the paper too fast, there was a question on tertiary alcohol of butanol right? it was 2-methyl-butan-2-ol?
Reply 721

^Sitting here reading all the answers I wish I'd put.

(These face memes doing anything for you? ;D)
Original post by TitchTheAntiHero
I feel some parts went DEAD well and others went badly,
for the use of methonal I put to make methylated spirits, how likely is that to be correct?
and I said atom economy was more important, what did everyone elose put for that?

I wrote both of those, LOL.

I couldn't really think of another use :/ I hope it gets a mark since it is a use after all.
Original post by EternalDoom
Btw, in case i made a mistake due to working through the paper too fast, there was a question on tertiary alcohol of butanol right? it was 2-methyl-butan-2-ol?

Do you mean methylpropan-2-ol?

That worked when I drew it out :smile:
Original post by ChessMister
If you lose a mark send OCR this

lol:biggrin:
Do you think I will get a mark for putting poison as a use for methanol ?:s-smilie:!?
Original post by SpringNicht

No, he means 2 methylpropan-2-ol

Yea sorry 2-methylpropan-2-ol

wrote it wrong in my last post, but yes im 100% sure thats what i put on the paper
Reply 728

*2-Methylpropan-2-ol (yer, that's it, i think. and then the next question you just had to draw butan-2-ol)
Reply 729
When they said shape I thought they meant E/Z isomerism. -facepalm-
I wrote both of those, LOL.

I couldn't really think of another use :/ I hope it gets a mark since it is a use after all.

heres hoping!
I'm wondering if the atom economy/percentage yeild was a question where either was right as long as you explained yourself well? idk >.<
Reply 731
Original post by anil10100
Anyone else put tetrahedral for the shape around the first carbon because of the four bonded regions, and then trigonal planar for the shape around the second carbon?
Though that question was a bit ridiculous considering it's Unit 2 but yeah..

i got exactly that :smile:
Original post by |Alex
Also what did people get for the last question?

People at my school either got

- Methyl propanoate
- Ethyl propanoate
- Ethyl methanoate

I got Methyl propanoate
Reply 733
Original post by Yarpie
When they said shape I thought they meant E/Z isomerism. -facepalm-

So did I...... then I noticed they asked that in the next question xD
Hmmmmmmmmmmms, what did people put for why enthalpy change of formation was hard to calculate exactly? I said it was hard to perform under standard conditions

Only questions that were hard were the little 2-markers that havent come up in past papers
Reply 735
Original post by Joseppea
Hated that question :frown: I put percentage yield, don't ask why xD

that was a wierd question, i put atom economy though, because that way less carbon dioxide is produced; whereas a high percentage yield would mean more carbon dioxide is produced.. not really sure what they were expecting as an answer.. :/
Hmmmmmmmmmmms, what did people put for why enthalpy change of formation was hard to calculate exactly? I said it was hard to perform under standard conditions

Only questions that were hard were the little 2-markers that havent come up in past papers

I wrote a mixture of products could be produced if all the reactans aren't reacted fully
what did people get for the question about the enthalpy change of amonia? N2 + H2 ----> NH3
with Delta H = - or +66
and what was the answer?
Reply 738

propan-2-ol, the longest chain was three
Reply 739
Original post by lovekickstarts
I got Methyl propanoate

ethyl propanoate

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending