The Student Room Group

OCR AS - Chemistry Unit F322 - Chains, energy and resource - REVISION!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by king1234
how many questions where they after that electrophillic question guy next to me missed out all questions ater that thought the exam paper was finished,

there were 7 questions in total i think.
Reply 1161
Original post by darkxangel
Work out enthalpy change of formation -1279

Why can enthalpy change of formation not be measured directly?
high activation, more than one product...

In terms of rate of reverse reaction and rate of forward reaction, explain how the mixture reaches dynamic equilibrium: rate of forward reaction is the same as the rate of backward reaction.

same temperature but a higher pressure: same amount of moles in each side, collision theory,

Why cannot it reach equilibrium in a car engine?
not a closed system, temp. not high enough,

What is enthalpy change of formation /2 = +33

NO has is a radical, what does it tell you about the molecule?:
has a free electron to give away or something

Draw a tertiary alcohol of C4H10O
Name it:

CH3
CH3-C-OH
CH3

Draw the alcohol that can be oxidized to make butanone
2-methyl ethanol i think.

How does it break down ozone?
NO+O3-->NO2 + O2
NO2+O3-->NO+202
203+O2-->4O2

NO acts as a catalyst

Which one is cracking
5 i think

Which does not have 100% atom economy:
1 think,

Which forms structural isomers

Fermentation & atom economy & percentage yield
could say either one if you explained why

For the nuclear substitution i got: something OH+KBr
-The substitution of Br would be faster, because the C-Br bond strength/enthalpy is weaker than the C-Cl bond.
-it was heterolytic fission

Shape question:
tetrahedral, because electron pairs repel each other and go as far apart as possible.
next one was trigonal planar,

complete combustion:
CH3OH+1.5O2-->CO2+2H20

Incomplete combustion:
CH3OH+O2-->CO+2H2O

Question 5:
add H2 to the double bond
2 isomers of adding HBr across methyl-cyclohexene double bond

another use for Methanol question:
feedstock for chemical processes

Name alkene used to make polymer: but-1-ene

What do CO and HCl do to environment, what are chemists doing to minimize damage?

CO:'greenhouse-effect/global warming', adding to carbon footprint, toxic, reduces the ability of blood carrying oxygen
HCl:acid rain, irritant-harms environment,
finding a use for CO-
HCl can be used as a catalyst-which i'm not so sure about, to neutralise over-alkaline soil for agriculture,

Importance of international protocol agreements?
Put down something about communicating and educating other countries who are not aware of impacts of high carbon emission to reduce global-warming. Since i didn't revise this bit i made up a lot rubbish. :/

alcohols liquid question:
alcohols have hydrogen-bonding because of OH groups which is stronger than van der waals forces.

A Functional group: is a group attached to and organic compound and determines its chemical properties.

dissolve water question:The reason why poly methanol dissolves in water is because it hydrogen bonds with it.

For the last question I wrote down the formula not the names-can't quite remember the answer, but you had to work out the empirical formula and then times it by two o find a carboxylic acid for X-C3H8O2>>it was something like this i think.
For Y the peak was at 46. You had to find the formula of an alcohol i think.
For Z you would just write an equation and the right formula for the ester.

some of this might be wrong and it's not in order either. :colondollar::tongue:

c-cl bonds stronger than c-br not weaker
Reply 1162
there were 7 questions in total i think.

how many marks do you think

why would he do that? did he not turn the page?
Reply 1164
Original post by ChessMister
why would he do that? did he not turn the page?

well i asked him he said normally the last question is a 10 marker how mnay marks do you think he has lost

That's what i said :confused:.

15-20 marks, if he missed the last two questions.
well i asked him he said normally the last question is a 10 marker how mnay marks do you think he has lost

The last question was worth 9 or 10- can't remember the others

That is correct. The rate of hydrolysis increases down the group so C-Cl is stronger than C-Br. You have said the same thing just in a reverse basically, it is correct.

the last question was a 10 marker.
Reply 1170
Original post by nereik6794
That is correct. The rate of hydrolysis increases down the group so C-Cl is stronger than C-Br. You have said the same thing just in a reverse basically, it is correct.

do you think grade boundaries will be higher or lower than jan paper , i think jan paper was a lot easier lol for some reason
do you think grade boundaries will be higher or lower than jan paper , i think jan paper was a lot easier lol for some reason

Well, for revision I only took notes really and followed the spec. I did the Jan 2010 past paper and I did part of the Jan 2011 paper but never finished. This is because I hadn't really started revising yet :tongue:

So, I'm not too sure I'm afraid. I think alot of people were saying it was harder than past papers they had done though.
Reply 1172
the last question was a 10 marker.

well all he told me was he did that nucluophillic one then missed the rest of pages
Reply 1173
Well, for revision I only took notes really and followed the spec. I did the Jan 2010 past paper and I did part of the Jan 2011 paper but never finished. This is because I hadn't really started revising yet :tongue:

So, I'm not too sure I'm afraid. I think alot of people were saying it was harder than past papers they had done though.

well in jan 11 we did it is a mock i got 76, im doubting i have done so good thsi time around how did you draw that monomer out lol question about but1ene
well in jan 11 we did it is a mock i got 76, im doubting i have done so good thsi time around how did you draw that monomer out lol question about but1ene

Drew a C=C double bond. 2 H's coming of the right side. One H coming off the left hand side and C2H5 coming off the other bit of the left hand side. I didn't draw n next to it but I don't that will matter
well all he told me was he did that nucluophillic one then missed the rest of pages

around 25 i'd say. :/
Reply 1176
Drew a C=C double bond. 2 H's coming of the right side. One H coming off the left hand side and C2H5 coming off the other bit of the left hand side. I didn't draw n next to it but I don't that will matter

lol thats what i did erm how about that ez isomers how come people syaing there was two i only mentioned one cant rember the letter
Reply 1177
around 25 i'd say. :/

allright quiet a lot
lol thats what i did erm how about that ez isomers how come people syaing there was two i only mentioned one cant rember the letter

There were 2 but I can't remember what I put either haha. I think it was correct though
Reply 1179
for the one where u had to draw 2-methyl-propan-2-ol would u get the marks if u drew a DISPLAYED formula ? cus on most mark schemes they seem to have skeletal ????? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending