The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1900
Original post by Indigo Hart
Still not decided on Bristol, but I'm doing History too.
Wondered what decided you on Bristol?
Might see you there!

It was lots of things really including the city and the 'general atmosphere' (whatever that is!) but mainly the stress they put on research during the post offer day. I definitely want a more independent research led degree. Made a mistake last time I applied to uni so definitely know what I want this time round. You decided yet?
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by sammi...
Which accomodation is anyone staying in? also is anyone else doing dentistry?!

Also doing dentistry. Haven't decided on accommodation though.
Reply 1902
Original post by BackDoorEntry

Original post by BackDoorEntry
Woo yeah dentistry :biggrin:

Not many of us on TSR i must say, we are a rare breed :P I'm thinking of Manor house, University house, or woodside.

Wbu?

I reserved a flat in the IQ building, its very near to the dental hospital, theres loads of student accomodation round there, also couldnt be bothered walking from the uni owned ones :smile:
Reply 1903
Original post by Hunter_S_Thompson
anyone for Russian had an offer yet?
I looked on the website and saw

Entry requirements for Russian
A Levels ABB - BCC. B in Russian or another language

now I'm predicted straight As and school say I have a brilliant personal statement.. I also got an oxford interview (it got me that far.. but I failed). So I dunno, seems like enough? I like to think so, but I'm getting kind of worried, as I've heard nothing. Not only that, my mate is in a better position than me (oxford interview and predicted 4 A*s) but he got rejected by Bristol. Having said that, he applied for PPE.
All very confusing and intriguing.

anyone heard?

Hi, what was their response? I got an offer for BBC but looking at this board BBB is the norm, I'm expected BBB so not sure why it was lowered, but not complaining! ^^
Reply 1904
Does anyone know how the accommodation is allocated after you put down your first and second choice? Is it random?
Finally firmed Bristol :gasp:
Original post by Potiron
Finally firmed Bristol :gasp:

Yay :smile: welcome to the club :wink:
Original post by Pheebs1201
Yay :smile: welcome to the club :wink:

I've just quoted you on the other thread :gasp:

Great minds and all that.
Think i'll be coming to bristol in sept :smile:

Not sure about accommodation though..
Reply 1909
anyone else going in september to do drama?
so excited about going to bristol :smile: who else has got unconditional / firmed?
Unconditional for Maths & Computer Science. Getting excited....
Original post by paper-wings

:awesome:
Original post by alexsheppard11
:awesome:

Yes, someone actually doing computer science (wrong year but never mind)! What kind of socials can I expect to look forward to in the CS Dept?
Yes, someone actually doing computer science (wrong year but never mind)! What kind of socials can I expect to look forward to in the CS Dept?

there's always something at the end of each term, and a couple more scattered here and there (e.g. shortly after freshers IIRC)
Firmed Bristol today :smile:

What grades did you get? Isn't it pretty hard to get an unconditional in maths (or combined with maths)?
Original post by MathematicsKiller
What grades did you get? Isn't it pretty hard to get an unconditional in maths (or combined with maths)?

When I meant unconditional, I meant I had an deferred offer from last year, so its unconditional this year. I got 3 A*s. What are you going to study?
When I meant unconditional, I meant I had an deferred offer from last year, so its unconditional this year. I got 3 A*s. What are you going to study?

I want to study Mathematics. I'll be applying for next year's entry but I have my mind set on Bristol. :P

Also: Congratulations on the 3 A*s! :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by MackaBizzle
so excited about going to bristol :smile: who else has got unconditional / firmed?

me!!! :smile:))))

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending