The Student Room Group

OCR AS - Chemistry Unit F322 - Chains, energy and resource - REVISION!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1280
Original post by king1234
overall do you think you ahve done good lol

urm well will find out in aug :smile:
how was it -1279 it was +1279 for the formation question!!!!!!!!!!!! some one explain:confused:
Reply 1282
Original post by bigdaddy1234567
how was it -1279 it was +1279 for the formation question!!!!!!!!!!!! some one explain:confused:

you were given enthalpy change of combustion, so you have to draw a hess cycle
Reply 1283
Original post by hatnan

did you have draw hess cycle
Original post by gwengwen
for the last question I've drawn out the structure of the alcohol, carboxylic acid and the ester but I didn't put down their names... Do people think I would have lost a mark for not naming them? :frown:

No it just sed identify them so you'll defo get the mark :smile:
Reply 1285
Original post by Dave 1994
No it just sed identify them so you'll defo get the mark :smile:

do you think grade bouadnries will be lower
Reply 1286
Original post by hatnan

You don't need to draw a Hess's cycle... Common sense should prevail in the fact that ALL COMBUSTION REACTIONS ARE EXOTHERMIC.

These people shouldn't even be allowed to do A-level Chemistry. It's just moronic to even ask these questions.
Reply 1287
Original post by Yarpie
You don't need to draw a Hess's cycle... Common sense should prevail in the fact that ALL COMBUSTION REACTIONS ARE EXOTHERMIC.

These people shouldn't even be allowed to do A-level Chemistry. It's just moronic to even ask these questions.

thats what i was thinking did they give us the enthalpy of combustion data or formation
Reply 1288

It was definitely combustion. It asked for the definition of the enthalpy of combustion as well.
Reply 1289
Original post by Yarpie
It was definitely combustion. It asked for the definition of the enthalpy of combustion as well.

im not sure becuase i think it was work out the standard enthalpy of formation from the combustion results lol
Reply 1290
Original post by Yarpie

how did you find the exam lol
You always use the data in the table. It was combustion - reactants minus products. I think it was -ve
Reply 1292
Original post by Robpattinsonxxx
You always use the data in the table. It was combustion - reactants minus products. I think it was -ve

im sure it said work out the standard entahlpy of formation
im sure it said work out the standard entahlpy of formation

It did but it said 'using the combustion bond enthapies in the table'

In the table there was bond enthalpies for combustion. You always do R-P.
Reply 1294
It did but it said 'using the combustion bond enthapies in the table'

In the table there was bond enthalpies for combustion. You always do R-P.

for 10 marks for that mechanism question how can you get 10 marks lol dont mind me asking
Reply 1295
Original post by barzy_j
It actually kills me to read this. Where was I and how did I not write this? All I managed to write was increased pressure causes an increase in rate of reaction, I don't think I explained. As for the composition one, I said the temp and concentration or whatever was unchanged so composition stayed the same. 5/4 silly, pathetic marks gone. Argh!

same i got first part lol but not the second part of question now i understand takes the piss lol::angry:
Reply 1296
Is there an unofficial mark scheme?
Let this thread die
for 10 marks for that mechanism question how can you get 10 marks lol dont mind me asking

Which mechanism. The halogenoalkanes?
Reply 1299
Which mechanism. The halogenoalkanes?

yes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending