The Student Room Group

WJEC PY4 21st June 2011 exam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by mel0n
If anyone needs any help with anything I might be able to help. I covered memory, forensics, disorders and controversies :yy:

u any good at statistics.. any chance u could look at past papers and try figure out which questions are gonna come up.. that would be greaat :wink:
Reply 81
Original post by kitcat17
u any good at statistics.. any chance u could look at past papers and try figure out which questions are gonna come up.. that would be greaat :wink:

Statistics? You mean research methods. I can be of help regarding the content but I'm not psychic :rolleyes: maybe you should just revise most of it instead of only revising about 10% hoping it comes up?!

There's no way of telling what can come up really, they have been known to repeat questions even though it's a new syllabus so you're going to have to learn everything unfortunately!
Reply 83
does anyone know the questions that came up last june 2010 and jan 2011 for relationships, forensics and levels of consciouness. thanks :smile:
How is everyone revising for this exam? It's really hard to get motivated. I've done all my notes but when I read through them it's just not sinking in :/
Reply 85
Original post by SpicyStrawberry
How is everyone revising for this exam? It's really hard to get motivated. I've done all my notes but when I read through them it's just not sinking in :/

hey :smile:
im finding it really difficult as well to revise for it and for it to get into my head lol
but what i have been trying to do is condensing the key parst of each questions on to cue cards and i have tried to make spider diagrams with the name of researchers around each theory.
another thing you could do is maybe practise the essays you are weaker in timed conditions to test how much you know and what still needs to be learnt for that questions
hope this gives you some ideas :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by *rainbows*
hey :smile:
im finding it really difficult as well to revise for it and for it to get into my head lol
but what i have been trying to do is condensing the key parst of each questions on to cue cards and i have tried to make spider diagrams with the name of researchers around each theory.
another thing you could do is maybe practise the essays you are weaker in timed conditions to test how much you know and what still needs to be learnt for that questions
hope this gives you some ideas :smile:

Thank you for the advice, I really like the mind map idea :smile:
Reply 87
I don't know if this has already been posted, but I know some of the questions from Jan this year:
1) Controversies- cultural bias/ free will and determinism
2) Memory- emotion in memory
3) Levels of consciousness- theories of sleep
4) Forensic- treatments and punishment of crime

I'm guessing that these aren't going to come up again? I was thinking I'd skim over them but now I'm thinking there's no point looking at them at all?
Have they ever used the same question twice in a row?? Ahh, I'm scared ha!
Reply 88
Hey everyone if you need help on Foreniscs, Levels of consciouness or Relationships i will try to help or if anyone has any resources for these topicswould alos be great

pleasee help me with the disorders of levels of consciousness
we studied insomnia, sleepwalking and narcolepsy
my teacher actually said "wtf" to my essay on disorders today :frown:
Reply 89
Original post by Becky_22
pleasee help me with the disorders of levels of consciousness
we studied insomnia, sleepwalking and narcolepsy
my teacher actually said "wtf" to my essay on disorders today :frown:

what are you mostly struggling with the sturcture or the content that you want to include in the essay ? :smile:
Reply 90
Original post by RobertWhite
I swear the WJEC exam board for this course is a joke? All the students just 'learn' an essay to which they regurgitate in the exam.

That's what i thought at first until i realised, for you to be able to learn 20 essays, you have to understand it first. It's the only you'd be able to remember it for an A/A* standard. That's why im REALLY hoping science vs. ethics would come up because i looked into for py3 i think...
Reply 91
Can someone help me with the question on Dissorders of memory and explanations for forgetting? Just really on how to structure them? loads of my information about it has gone missing and I just cant make any sense out of it!

Im think im going to try that technique today of answering the hardest questions out of each section today, I dont think I have the patience/time to do every single one!

Also im not sure if anyone already has found this http://www.psychlotron.org.uk/newresources.html but it has loads of helpful powerpoints about certain subjects, especially crime just look down the list at the right hand side of the page.
Reply 92
does any one know which questions came up in the jan 2011 paper?? for adolescence and adulthood and for forensic??
Reply 93
does any one know which questions came up in the jan 2011 paper?? for adolescence and adulthood and for forensic??

i think for foresnics it was theories of crime not sure about the other one :smile:
Reply 94
i think for foresnics it was theories of crime not sure about the other one :smile:

I was told the forensic one was Treatment and Punishment of Crime :s-smilie:
Reply 95
Original post by roxy93812
I was told the forensic one was Treatment and Punishment of Crime :s-smilie:

oh dear i like that questin as well, i hope juries doesnt come up :frown:
oh dear i like that questin as well, i hope juries doesnt come up :frown:

According to my teacher Juries is the most likely to come up! :redface:
Reply 97
Original post by The Cello Ninja
According to my teacher Juries is the most likely to come up! :redface:

what nooooo :'( dont want juries... mehh praying for eye witness testimony.. havent even looked at jury descision making yet :frown:
Reply 98
does anyone know if offender profiling is likely to come up?? havent looked at that one either :frown: urgh fml!!
Reply 99
does anyone know if offender profiling is likely to come up?? havent looked at that one either :frown: urgh fml!!

Well apparently the three most likely to come up are offender profiling, Juries and eyeswitness. Just what I was told though.. :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending