The Student Room Group

Geography AQA A2 Unit 4B

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by lizolove
Taxpayers? Talked about random things e.g. Medical care, stress on food in UK, migration and future costs for refugees, benefits of advanced societies producing less reliant society e.g. fewer costs in the long term. Education, resolving issues and how increasing education and flood defences etc. will decrease the need for migration causing no strains on housing, food, employment in the UK.
I wrote a bit more, but I forget easily.

Urgh, i saw that question and just thought 'awkwardddd' - last week in geography revision we had this discussion, and i was firmly on the side of 'we shouldn't spend taxpayers money in Bangladesh' ahah :s-smilie: so i wrote 15 marks of the biggest load of bull****, sounded like some charity advert :biggrin:
Original post by sfriday
Lol that's good, I love that you decided what the question asked wasn't worth the marks it allocated, so you did your own :tongue: :biggrin:

I had time to kill, had no more space to write in the answer booklet, had finished all of the questions and had half an hour or something left, so decided to do that. Happy times. I had fun. I was sitting there creating patterns. :P

It did seem weird though, didn't it? 4 marks for that?! I thought I must have read it incorrectly, so did it all. :biggrin:
Hey, they can't mark you down for it provided you did the right key for the right area. (;
Original post by sfriday
Urgh, i saw that question and just thought 'awkwardddd' - last week in geography revision we had this discussion, and i was firmly on the side of 'we shouldn't spend taxpayers money in Bangladesh' ahah :s-smilie: so i wrote 15 marks of the biggest load of bull****, sounded like some charity advert :biggrin:

I started off with general ideas, and then starting thinking "The British should be charitable" and thought, nope, I'll start rambling. It was a weird question, because there really were no right or wrong answers as long as you can justify them! :colondollar:
Reply 183
Original post by sfriday
yep think thats what most did, but you were only supposed to do one district, not the whole map :smile:

Really! As if the question wasn't annoying enough, they went and made it illogical lol. Hope i don't a limited amount of marks for that mistake.
Reply 184
I wrote about located bars but I didn't read the bit which said you actually had to draw it on the map:frown::frown:!! I don't know how i did it...I think it was because I was majorly panicking when I saw the question as I wasn't expecting it. How many marks will i lose for not drawing on the graph??
the graph was like 4 marks, so you wont lose much!
Reply 186
Original post by Josh.Holloway
the graph was like 4 marks, so you wont lose much!

Oh right, thanks so much! That makes me feel a little better...I'm still annoyed that I so stupidly missed it though. Ah well I have to forget it now and hopefully I won't be affected too much by it as I found the rest of the paper alright.
Reply 187
Geography out of the way, not sure my hand will ever recover...
Original post by wiggers
Geography out of the way, not sure my hand will ever recover...

You want to try having Philosophy and Ethics on a Monday morning!
2 individual exams, 1.5 hours each. 19 pages I wrote. Then had the joy of Geography the next day (12 odd pages). Thanks AQA. ):
I did a choropleth map too for 4 marks but I also did the whole map as well!

Considering its worth 4 marks did they want proportional circles instead? ( circles needs measurements and a key) ????
Reply 190
Original post by lizolove
You want to try having Philosophy and Ethics on a Monday morning!
2 individual exams, 1.5 hours each. 19 pages I wrote. Then had the joy of Geography the next day (12 odd pages). Thanks AQA. ):

SAME! Why why whyyy Ahah
Reply 191
Was pleased with this exam, missed the one in January so I was relieved that it wasn't too hard...although the taxpayer's money question was strange. Made a complete mess off the first question though :frown:
Reply 192
Original post by goerigi
yeah my 'ahem' revision was packed into yesterday evening xD ive had core 3&4 this week and ofc the geog3 paper. core 4 was the thursday afternoon :3 luckily my geogrpahy teachers are awesome so they had given us all of the relevent stuff like scuba rice and education of women about cylclones :smile: i read through all of the booklet and scuba rice stuff yesterday, i figured that scuba rice was quite likely so i read it through a few times! so glad it came up :O and how comes there was only two of you? do you have an ultra small class or something? :smile:

Same! Geog3 was most important and I had core 4 on thursday too so 4B revision was crammed into thursday night :')
I did it myself though, our whole class did it in January, there was only two of us resitting :P Downside to resitting was not getting help from teachers though, had to do it all on my lonesome :')
Original post by goerigi
looool. :biggrin:

Genuinely! It's like in January when he told us to include comparisons in our answers. I swear the examiner must have hated me at the end of marking my exam. (The amount of times I said "Belfast can compare to Liverpool") :wink:
Reply 194
Original post by goerigi
oh we didnt do it in january so it was the first and only time for me :3 i also had core 3 on the monday, i personally payed more attention towards maths stuff because i actually need it as well as physics but my third can be geogers or gen studs :biggrin: i think i should get at least a B in geography though (Y) must have been hard doing it by yourself though, hope you do well! :smile:

I'm doing maths and physics too, mental! Finished maths in Jan though, resat to try an get an A* to make up for the B I'll get in physics :')
I concentrated on Geography most though 'cos I'm doing it at uni :')
Reply 195
I know this is in the past now... but anyone else see this?

http://aqageog.ning.com/forum/topics/another-significant-aqa

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending