The Student Room Group

history nea

does ocr apply a penalty on work that exceeds the word count i know aqa does but is ocr more lenient in that regard
Original post by momoiairi
does ocr apply a penalty on work that exceeds the word count i know aqa does but is ocr more lenient in that regard
No - the unit guide states a recommended length of 3000-4000 words and that "Marks will not be deducted for excessive length, but learners may well penalize themselves by offering descriptive rather than analytical and evaluative writing." https://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/297815-unit-y100-guide.pdf
Reply 2
Original post by erin11
No - the unit guide states a recommended length of 3000-4000 words and that "Marks will not be deducted for excessive length, but learners may well penalize themselves by offering descriptive rather than analytical and evaluative writing." https://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/297815-unit-y100-guide.pdf
omg thanks ! but could i still get an a if i wrote over the word count, i feel like i really struggle with being concise
omg thanks ! but could i still get an a if i wrote over the word count, i feel like i really struggle with being concise
i’m not sure tbh, i do aqa. i wouldn’t recommend going over the word count by too much bc your writing may get messier in terms of grammar and waffle
Reply 4
Original post by erin11
i’m not sure tbh, i do aqa. i wouldn’t recommend going over the word count by too much bc your writing may get messier in terms of grammar and waffle
i see, thank u anyway i’ll try not to go over the word count too much then
i see, thank u anyway i’ll try not to go over the word count too much then
I do OCR too, my teacher said max 200 words over, so I think you can go over. Also - you probably already have - make sure your footnotes/title aren't included in your word count because Word doesn't automatically disable that. My word count went down by almost 300 words because I disabled it (still ended up over by 100 words tho lol)
Reply 6
Original post by millylment
I do OCR too, my teacher said max 200 words over, so I think you can go over. Also - you probably already have - make sure your footnotes/title aren't included in your word count because Word doesn't automatically disable that. My word count went down by almost 300 words because I disabled it (still ended up over by 100 words tho lol)
what if i go over by a significant amount ? 😭😭 obviously ill try not to but i feel like its inevitable w how many words ive already used and i feel like ive practically said nothing lol
what if i go over by a significant amount ? 😭😭 obviously ill try not to but i feel like its inevitable w how many words ive already used and i feel like ive practically said nothing lol

Probs wouldn't recommend going over a significant amount. Ngl feel like its unfair we only get 4000 words, found out today that for geography NEA it's 'recommended' they do between 3k and 4k words but some people got up to 15k???? which is insane.
Reply 8
Original post by millylment
Probs wouldn't recommend going over a significant amount. Ngl feel like its unfair we only get 4000 words, found out today that for geography NEA it's 'recommended' they do between 3k and 4k words but some people got up to 15k???? which is insane.
omg right ☹️ unfortunately my teacher told me i cant write as much as ive written so i need to significantly reduce it but idk how. i dont blame ppl that do write that much though bc only 4000/4500 is insane

Quick Reply

Latest