The Student Room Group

AQA - Unit 5 - Energetics, Redox and Inorganic Chemistry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Arab_Empress
I have a question...
Does the side at which the electrode is on have an effect on waht occurs at that electrode,
i.e. at the left electrode oxidation takes place
and at the right electrode reduction takes place?

Correct. :yep:
Original post by GoodOl'CharlieB

I'm going through each chapter, writing the notes by heart, doing the summary and exam style questions as well as those in the booklets my teachers gave me and the ones on aqa

it never ends :cry2: wbu?

I just finished reading throuigh my notes, now going to start past papers then go through the parts that I'm not too keen on..Theres so much to do and I wish I had one more day :mad: Are you going over mod1 too? I don't if I should, the jan11 paper hardly had any synoptic in it :confused:
Original post by Sparkly-Star
Since they've already asked us about cis - platin/haem, I think EDTA might be one they could ask this time.

You will never be asked to draw EDTA the only thing you need to know about it is:
That can replace 6 waters because it can form 6 coordinate bonds
and that it has a charge of 4-

and i am definite of this as i was told by my teacher, i bet thats a relief :smile:
Doubt it, they could ask you to identify where the lone pairs are as seen in a past question but that's it. Draw it, you'll see it is very easy. :smile:

Actually its not too bad :rolleyes:
The lone pairs on on the Oxygen atoms and the two central Nitrogen :smile:
I just hope I finish all this today, I really need to do well :s-smilie:
Original post by al_habib
you guys have you done ALL the past papers i mean from 2002-2011

Nope. =/
Reply 485
Original post by badders09
anyone got the jan 11 paper please?

hi guys this the chm 5 june 2011 paper with mark scheme

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1611471
Original post by strawberry_cake
I just finished reading throuigh my notes, now going to start past papers then go through the parts that I'm not too keen on..Theres so much to do and I wish I had one more day :mad: Are you going over mod1 too? I don't if I should, the jan11 paper hardly had any synoptic in it :confused:

I would if you have time, which I am running out of too :s-smilie:
Because Chem 4 this year had a lot of synoptic that threw me, hopefully it will come flooding back, or if it comes to it read through Chem 1 and 2 before you go to bed or something. YAY for Chemistry Bedtime reading :biggrin:
Actually its not too bad :rolleyes:
The lone pairs on on the Oxygen atoms and the two central Nitrogen :smile:
I just hope I finish all this today, I really need to do well :s-smilie:

Me too, need to get 70+/100 which is like impossible. :cry2:
I would if you have time, which I am running out of too :s-smilie:
Because Chem 4 this year had a lot of synoptic that threw me, hopefully it will come flooding back, or if it comes to it read through Chem 1 and 2 before you go to bed or something. YAY for Chemistry Bedtime reading :biggrin:

I resat chem2 and chem4 so there still fresh in my mind, I've forgotten about chem1 completely which I think is probably most similar to unit5 so maybe they'll throw in something from there :frown: haha I think I might just do that ;p
i dont think theres any point in going over the other modules
although i mite get proven wrong as this is aqa
im trying to get an A or an A* in this because of the bio exam hate u aqa thanks for ruining my future
Correct. :yep:

What about, redox couple...
theyre written as oxidised/reduced like Fe^3+/Fe^2+

but for permanganate it is:
MnO4-,H+/Mn2+

?
:smile:
So Cr2+ is blue, Cr3+ is green, Cr6+ is yellow/orange depends on how it exists.
What about, redox couple...
theyre written as oxidised/reduced like Fe^3+/Fe^2+

but for permanganate it is:
MnO4-,H+/Mn2+

?
:smile:

It should show the direction of the equation which it does but I don't think it matters?
Reply 494
Also remember to learn the HSW everyone! Especially chapter 15!!

what HSW?!!!

nvm... you already answered that haha :smile:
Me too, need to get 70+/100 which is like impossible. :cry2:

Omd same here, I am aiming for an A in either Chem or Psycho to get my place at uni :cry2:

Original post by strawberry_cake
I resat chem2 and chem4 so there still fresh in my mind, I've forgotten about chem1 completely which I think is probably most similar to unit5 so maybe they'll throw in something from there :frown: haha I think I might just do that ;p

I have only done Chem 4 this year, and I got so stressed i forgot what dynamic equilibrium is and then promptly remembered after i left the exam room :cry: I am so glad this is the last time i do this subject :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 496
Original post by al_habib
you guys have you done ALL the past papers i mean from 2002-2011

got about 3 left coz bio revision came in the way
Omd same here, I am aiming for an A in either Chem or Psycho to get my place at uni :cry2:

I have only done Chem 4 this year, and I got so stressed i forgot what dynamic equilibrium is and then promptly remembered after i left the exam room :cry: I am so glad this is the last time i do this subject :smile:

Me too! :smile:

Ugh, the annoying thing is I should've gotten an A in unit 4 but I completely blanked out there was so much to learn and this was my last exam in Jan by then I had forgotten everything despite spending countless hours on it. -_- So I need to do extra well in this unit. :mad2:
Reply 498
You will never be asked to draw EDTA the only thing you need to know about it is:
That can replace 6 waters because it can form 6 coordinate bonds
and that it has a charge of 4-

and i am definite of this as i was told by my teacher, i bet thats a relief :smile:

but im sure we don't need to know the structure of cisplatin according to the spec, but they have asked that! (june 10 i think?)
you never know with AQA :tongue:

I hate it when that happens, especially if its easy marks, that really puts me off :frown: I just can't wait for tomorrow to be over, although I wouldn't have minded an extra day or two :s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending